Good Planning Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Good Planning Tuesday

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:30 am

Thanks, Indiana, I feel warmer already!

Happy Hanukkah to the Twins Mom household!

Sunny, LOL! Dstepson will not notice any slight because he is too thoughtful himself. Ds26 will not notice any slight because he will not pay that close attention. Dd33 will lift one eyebrow, put hands on hips and say, "hmmmm....". :lol: You should have seen her face this past visit when she noticed from 35 feet away that her brother's stocking was hanging from HER childhood stocking hanger rather than his. :o I had to switch right away! In her defense, she will notice slights on behalf of her brothers as quickly as she notices her own. And all the while telling me I worry too much. How wonderful that Mr. Sunny can begin to leave the cane behind.

((Harmony)) Could you suggest take-out to the daughter who is unprepared, so that there is shared hospitality? I agree with your thoughts that if there is a tree up at all, there is room around it. Paper plate plans are fine.

Paper plates for our after-Christmas get-together - I am very pleased with my paper plate plans this year! :D The children will have Santa on their plates and napkins and ours will be more sophisticated. Even found hot-cups to blend with them, since ds26 specifically asked me to have wassail. A solid green paper tablecloth and TaDa!

Wrapped my ddad's gift from us this evening - a matted and framed large photo of his mother.

At this point, I am down to the small things of the stocking-stuffer type. Gotta find my annual boxes of character band-aids. More importantly, gotta find a chance to slip away without dd13!

lucylee

Re: Good Planning Tuesday

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:42 am

Oh, (((Harmony)))... I can just HEAR your dh right now, b/c those are the same kind of responses I get from dh when he gets frustrated w/ds about something. I'm very slowly beginning to learn however, that usually dh just has to have his "come apart" and then if I just let him rant and rave for a while, he'll be fine and we'll do whatever it was we needed to do to begin with. I hope your dh comes around, too, without driving you crazy in the meantime.

Well, I am ready for longer days again. Our really cold weather doesn't usually set in until Jan & Feb, though, and I don't care how long it is till sunset, when it is freezing cold, I'm pretty grouchy. (I can be pretty grouchy when it hits 90 degrees, too, so I guess I'm just a year-round grouch! :P )

I meant to say earlier: BIG WTG, OKAY!!! I am impressed!!! I wish I'd had you dealing w/Sears for me!

* All vacuuming is done, for living areas & our bedroom/bathroom. Didn't touch the study, guest room, or ds's old room. I feel sooo sooo sooo much better now. I love my vacuum cleaner. DH said, "Just don't loan it out to ANYONE again!" I will be happy to comply.

Harmony -- you may have mentioned this earlier -- but is it just too difficult to get both daughters to your house over the weekend? But maybe it's just easier for you & dh to travel, rather than having them pack up grandkids & everything.

Happy Hanukkah, Twins!

So glad to hear Mr. Sunny is doing so much better!

Kathryn, I can't read my ddad AT ALL. He is definitely a perfectionist... and expected nothing short of perfection from me, for the most part... and if he sees something that needs improvement, he is quick to offer his suggestion. (And yes... I realize I am describing myself here, unfortunately.) He can also be a little bit moody and quick-tempered... sooo I spent a lot of my childhood & teen years walking on eggshells, you know? But OTOH, he can be a lot of fun, there is nothing he wouldn't try to do to help someone in need, he is very dedicated to his church, and his friends love him sooo much. He and my mom have some of the most loyal, time-tested, devoted friends I could ever imagine.
Anyway, it WAS really nice to hear what he had said to dmom about me. You know, when she started talking about him seeing me on the way to church, my first thought was, "I bet he didn't like the fact that I was wearing pants to Sunday morning worship." So yeah... I have really gotten waaay too paranoid where he is concerned.

Nursing home visit was nice. I saw my Sunday School teacher -- she is actually 98!!! Enjoyed talking with her -- her mind is still really good. Her granddaughter had to tell her my name, but I think she knew who I was -- just couldn't put the name with face -- which happens to me ALL the time w/former students, so I certainly don't begrudge her that, LOL.

DS & ddil went out to eat with us afterwards and we had a good time.

Planning...
Tomorrow, I have to
[ ] deliver bday gift to dniece
[ ] attend funeral visitation w/dh & ds
[ ] go to drug store for dfil rx
Before Saturday morning, I have to
[ ] wrap presents
[ ] bake cookies
[ ] go to bank for cash I'm giving w/a few presents
[ ] go to theater & get gift card for dbil
[ ] help dmom w/peeling & slicing fruit for fruit salad & whatever misc tasks I can do for her
And I would also like to
[ ] reconcile bank statement which arrived Saturday
[ ] catch up on laundry
[ ] have all grades in computer
So... maybe y'all can help keep me on task! ;)

Meant to add -- thanks for the LOL, Harriet.
Maybe it was a CARPENTER.
ROFLOL.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”