Winter Solstice Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Winter Solstice Wednesday

Postby Sunny » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:58 pm

I wanted to say Hello before I turn out the lights for the evening. I've been trying to get into bed a little earlier.

Congratulations to Cathyy. The plate is pretty; a beautiful pattern for all those pieces.

Congratulations to Twins'Mom and dh on their new house!

Ds#2 was here again for supper after his work day. Since ddil and dgds16 & 9 are up north with her parents I knew ds would not eat well if he were alone - probably fast food or cereal or nothing - so we told him to stop here on his way home for dinner. He's leaving tomorrow early afternoon for No. FL and they will all come home on Monday.

Talked to ddil#3 this evening to wish her a happy birthday (which was yesterday). She and ds#3 are now the same age, 32 years, born 5 weeks, 3 days apart! Got to say hi to ds also. They are in TN, Johnson City, to spend some time with ddil's two sisters and their families. They will go back to VA on Saturday to spend Christmas at home. I wish we had been able to be there with them. I miss ddil this time of year; we used to spend time together wrapping all our gifts for everyone.

Elizabeth I hope your trip to AL is an easy one.

Harmony, I'm glad you are getting visiting times straightened out between both dds.

Merry Christmas to you and your family Cowinkie! Safe travels to you, too.

Greetings to all not named here... We have an early day tomorrow, nurse first thing in the morning then to Sam's to p/up RXs, then to as many stores it will take to finish our shopping!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:25 am

CI:
[x] deliver bday gift to dniece
[x] attend funeral visitation w/dh & ds
[x] go to drug store for dfil rx
[x] go to bank
[x] go to post office

Tomorrow morning I must
[ ] deliver "Santa" present to nursing home for dh's aunt
[ ] go to W*lmart to get stuff for Sunday @ dstepgm's
Then I will begin to
[ ] wrap presents
[ ] bake cookies
[ ] reconcile bank statement which arrived Saturday
[ ] catch up on laundry
[ ] finish grading exams & put grades in computer

Tomorrow night we will
[ ] go to theater & get gift card for dbil

Friday, I hope to be caught up with all my stuff so I can
[ ] help dmom w/peeling & slicing fruit for fruit salad & whatever misc tasks I can do for her

* whew *

Waving to ALL!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 22, 2011 1:37 am

And I just remembered I was going to make up a batch of cookies (a variety) for a couple we know, was going to give them a really nice container of them...and it completely slipped my mind. Now I'm wondering if I can do a couple kinds, maybe just half batches...hmmm

And I have 2 gifts to take back. I had one extra toy...no rethinking that... and I took a ruler and measured slippers I bought DSiL. Couple months ago DD gave us slippers she'd bought him that were too short...and I bought him a pair but measuring the inside from tip to heel they're the same...so back they go. And I thought I was done.

Told DD2 I'd keep things as they are with DD1 and we will go there to sleep (late Sat)..and spend Christmas day there too. We will go to DD2's Sat. early. I would love to change things around but DD1 has a bunch of stresses in her life right now and I just don't want to add anything to that. I may post in J&C about it.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:54 am

some stats from around here
first light 4.26am
sunrise 4.52am
sunset 6.41pm
last light 7.01pm

We do celebrate that days stop getting longer.
2 cyclones on the charts (off Qld and NT) and a dangerous swell looming for Christmas.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”