Winter Solstice Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Winter Solstice Wednesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:22 pm

Done with that round also! DD pointed out that I have two presents for ds so I put one away for another night. She is being something of a pain in the tuchas. :!:

CathyV, how nice to see you, and Happy Hanukkah! Mazel Tov on your conversion and becoming a member of the tribe!

Elizabeth, safe travels to Alabama; if our weather is an indication you may be flying into T-storms but you may be going south far enough to miss the weather.

Builder counter offered on the house yesterday and we accepted, so will be moving in June. That lets me get through tax season and have some decluttering/unpacking time before the move.

-wipe oven front and microwave
-put away a basket of laundry
-make the bed :shock:
-start a li%t for tomorrow
-work toward dinner

Don't know how much of this will be done now, but I'll work toward doing it all by bedtime.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:18 pm

cathyy, we have missed you, it is wonderful to see you posting, and we hope it happens OFTEN ! Congratulations on your meaningful year. Alternate days of productivity and not-so-much - that's what happens to me, too. Seems like if I get a lot done I then rest, OR, perhaps if I'm about to get a lot done I need a running start. ;) Not sure which! I didn't remember much about the home you were choosing last time you were here - glad you are both enjoying it!

Twins Mom, wow the ones at Amazon are sold out - glad you got that ordered and in your hands. It looks like a very tactile and attractive keepsake.

cathyy

Postby cathyy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:48 pm

Twin's Mom, I agree with Harriet, that is a lovely menorah. I've been going with a pewter schema for my Judaica, because I cannot imagine polishing silver. Pewter and cobalt; I covet the Spode matzoh plate more than words can express. It's SO PRETTY! http://www.amazon.com/Spode-Judaica-Passover-Matzoh-Plate/dp/B0000XO3VY

My simple supper of baked salmon, brussels sprouts, and sliced tomato is over, and the dishwasher is loaded and set on delay to run overnight. I did the hand wash dishes, too. I still have to set the coffeemaker up for the morning pot. Maybe tonight I'll test out the programmable feature to have it already made when I get up.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:06 pm

Yay! more things to look at that SHEs want or own. The Spode is gorgeous and a marked contrast in style to the menorah Twins showed us.

I suppose I shouldn't be enjoying these distractions so much.

Dinner is done and cleaned up. Mail is processed.

I'm making slow progress but progress.

Dh is watching another movie because the weather is too foul to go over to his friend's house. He nearly went off the street into the ditch in our neighbourhood when he went for the mail. I hope ds got home safely today and has the good sense not to be off climbing (the gym is on the opposite side of the city from his home.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:26 pm

I have to say that the Amazon photo doesn't do the menorah justice. It's shiny sleek modern aluminum and can be assembled with the colors and curves going in lots of different configurations. We have quite the collection of menorahs here. Cathyv the Spode is lovely - our Seder plate is Israeli pottery and we display it yr round.

We had a simple dinner of burgers and sweet potato fries and lit candles and opened gifts. Z is over now and will spend the night w ds again. Dd will spend tomorrow night w P & D. I have a lst going and need to hit it hard tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:52 pm

Twins, that menora is the most contemporary one I've ever seen. Kathyy, I've never seen anything S pode made that I did not like! Elizabeth have a wonderful time in Al.

Napping must be contagious in the village. I slept for a bit, really deep sleep, then got up and had dinner. Kitchen's all cleaned up.

I am going NOW to wrap presents. I remember about 5 years ago when I had no presents wrapped till the night before we left, and everyone here was advising me to forget wrapping that year, I'd never get it done...somehow I did. I'll get it done this year too!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:38 pm

Today dgd did dress up, I helped her with the dinosaur sewing cards, we did a puzzle a couple of times, and she played with the pumpkin seeds too. Watched a couple of Christmas kids movies with her for her age. She dozed lightly I am one that did not get a nap in.

H. is still shredding found some old stuff in the farm stuff older than he is!
He is going to be working for sil tomorrow.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:40 pm

No time to cuop. They hooked up our phone, cable and internet today. So tomorrow I can get out and buy stocking stuffers and misc. Dd2 and I are going shopping during the evening and hope to finish what she has started for me. I will need to buy groceries first thing Friday.

We experienced the blizzard as predicted.

I can't believe that 3 nights from now I will be having the kids and grandkids over for Christmas. Lets just say it won't be the normal Christmas but will have to do.

I better go and do dishes so that I can collapse afterwards. I am exhausted at the end of each day. I keep telling myself this won't last forever and things will be better.

I sure miss all of you and hope to be able to be here more often, soon.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:26 pm

I have to wish everyone an early Merry Christmas. I am on my way to NJ tomorrow. Yesterday was my last day at school and today I was dashing here and there around the house getting my packing done. It went well and I still have room in my carry-on suitcase. I think of KIC everytime I do this. ;)

Hope ya'll have a wonderful holiday with family and friends. All of my family will be able to gather for the weekend. With my DM at age 84, we all realize how important this Xmas might be. I expect my brother's house to be shaking with laughter and love. Could be the first time for my family and I am looking forward to it.

Ho, Ho, Ho and remember to find some mistletoe to stand under. :D
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 21, 2011 11:43 pm

I have no idea why Cowinkie thinks of me when she has room in her carryon. I never have room in my carryon!

I wrapped dh's two gifts (birthday and Christmas) and double checked his stocking. Checked the kids stockings too. Need to buy Christmas snack bags for their chocolate. Still need to wrap their meagre gifts. Four each. All $20 or less. Looks really insignificant. This is the time that I start to feel like I should be buying lots of presents because the insignificant pile doesn't reflect how I feel about my children. Sigh.... I know better, I just have to stick to my convictions and not let socialization break me.

Off to bed now. Late again. Tomorrow we have errands to run. Might see ds too, since his hair cut is 45 minutes before mine.

Return to “Post When You Can”