Winter Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harmony

Re: Winter Thursday

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:35 am

Everybody sounds so rushed! I felt that way too, went out one last time shopping. So disappointed in the fares being offered at most places this year. All seemed like substandard stuff at too-high prices. Well, I am done shopping, anyway. I did the best I could.

K-M art was putting their Christmas stuff all on sale and I looked around. It didn't appear that they'd brought much in as there were huge bare spots. And every store I was in was busier than normal but nowhere near holiday crowd numbers. So. I don't know what your experiences were, but for me, I'm glad this part of my holiday chores are done.

I had a plan for another edible gift, but decided to forgo that and hold my breath and hope these people don't come by with something for us. I did get one batch of hard-to-make cookies done and divided them up in the kids' cookie gift. That's it, no more baking.

DH was lamenting he didn't have enough packages for me, so I handed him something I was going to wrap for him and said here give me this, so he went right out and wrapped it! It was something we'll both use in the kitchen anyway.

I came home so tired I could barely walk. Going to try not to overdo things tomorrow and get a little more rest.

Aw, poor hungry Tobias. I hope he sleeps well. DD called me from Pet store where she was buying a dog bed for her BIG dog. She went crazy smelling it all over, the pet store was one where people take in their pets.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Winter Thursday

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:41 am

Speaking of fedoras I have a couple of fedora style hats.

Even though we do not have any gifts under our tree or ornaments both grand kids were caught admiring it here this week!

H. had a couple of errands today so he picked up sandwiches at subway and redeemed himself by getting the order absolutely perfect! I got soda the other day it's on the deck to get cold so now it's froze go figure! LOL! :idea: So I set the rest of the chili out to cool off and no hurry to bring it back in maybe I can just put it in the freezer in the morning!

After I did up the cookie dough I baked nine cookies in stead of the usual dozen; they were a hit and are all gone now. The guys helped polish off the rest today after doing construction work they burn 'em off. They complimented me on the mint chip in with the chocolate cookie a nice change. I did not get around to getting them frosted no one was even the wiser. I froze up the rest of that batch of dough in pre-shaped balls to pop in the oven later.

I'm SO glad that tonight I was able to spiff up the basement and get it vacuumed after hubby's shredding adventures earlier in the week. So it's ready for the next time the grands are here Tues. I think. We will do up some cheese dip for then I think I was going to do it for us but it's too much so if we can share that will be better.

What a nice thing you did last year K in C cooking a dinner!

Dson rode the mc today. Br-r!

Return to “Post When You Can”