SATURDAY FUN!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: SATURDAY FUN!

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 24, 2011 1:25 pm

Home again - challah was ready to shape so it is shaped and rising. I asked dh to unload my car and he was irritated: "I just got home and you're asking me to do things?" Kept reminding him that I got home after he did, and I was shaping challah before doing anything else. Someone helped me by putting away the flour and sugar I will need to mix more challah! :shock: But I'm not going to comment on that...

-start breadmaker again
-finish putting away groceries
-clear kitchen counters, except for what I will need for the next batches of challah
-start a load of laundry
-clear kitchen table as much as possible
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Done with that round, but decided not to start laundry right now. Hopefully will bring it down and start some later.

Dh and ds took off so ds could do his holiday shopping - I thanked dh for cleaning up the kitchen - didn't mention that I was leaving a bunch of stuff out so I could bake more challah. :P

Next round:
-sweep or swiffer the kitchen floor
-take out kitchen garbage
-upstairs make the bed
-bring down dirty laundry
-outside clean out my car
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Dec 24, 2011 2:15 pm

I posteds what OKay wrote in J&C.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:03 pm

And another round down.

I need to head upstairs to stamp a bit soon - will start that as soon as challah in oven is baked (10 more minutes) and challah in breadmaker is shaped (2 minutes) and I'll start another batch in the bread maker.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:10 pm

Way to go Twins!
- mix up ginger bread cookie dough x {This batch is for dgd's gift to use with her cookie cutters and rolling pin. :idea: This was from a mix I followed directions for cookies on the box.}
- bake ch. / chocolate mint chip cookies {I had this dough already in the freezer and is was shaped in to balls so it went fast! } x
- s2s x
- boil & peel eggs x {they did not cook long enough for deviled eggs but I can have 'em for breakfast.}
- cream cheese was gone at the store except for lower fat, I'm so glad I stocked up on that it is on the counter to warm up for dip, crab is thawing.
- lunch x
- dump kit. trash x
-> start the jello doing this later as it's not for today so moving this one.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:47 pm

Too busy to post.

All is well, dd got home after an uneventful trip.

We are exhausted (got to bed at 2 a.m.) but had a nice lunch with ds's not-the-girlfriend and got the tree decorated. Ds is at work now.

We took dd to the general store to visit, then to movie rental place, then walked the neighbourhood to deliver invites. I have bread in the breadmaker. It will just finish in time for dinner.

Cookies haven't been baked. Love Actually is on in the kitchen so we can work around and get things done. I'll need a nap too but not seeing time for more than a 10 minute lay down. Still haven't laid out my clothes for tonight or done my nails. Both highish priority.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:14 pm

Happy Birthday Twins.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sat Dec 24, 2011 8:49 pm

Happy Birthday Twins.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sat Dec 24, 2011 9:41 pm

ஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ ♥.•:• •.♥ ♥.•:• •.♥ ♥.•:• •.♥ღஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ.
ஐღ ♥..♥ღஐ Happy Birthday TwinsMom!!! ஐღ ♥..♥ღஐ
ஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ ♥.• •:•.♥ ♥.• • •.♥ ♥.• •:•.♥ღஐƸ̵̡ӜƷஐღ.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:29 pm

Hello Everyone!

Happy Birthday Twins' Mom.

Thoughts from yesterday: MT, sorry you are sick and hope you feel better soon. Sherinjoy, so sorry to hear of the loss of your dfriend.

We had another long day yesterday to finish up the shopping. It all looks fairly even among all the dgkids. We made it easier this year by getting dsons and wives each a gift card. After doing a few routines around the house I started wrapping. Dh helped so it took only a few hours.

Time to clear the dining table off and put a few things away to I won't have much to do in the morning. We are going to eat an early lunch then head on up to dfam#2 for the afternoon.

Wishing everyone a nice celebration tomorrow. ((Hugs)) for those who are ill or having a rough time with family/friends.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”