Monday/Boxing Day PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Monday/Boxing Day PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:54 pm

(((dear okay and family)))
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:54 pm

Nearly noon and I have surfed every site on the internet, I think. Dh has gone to his office for awhile and dkids still sleeping. I have also downloaded Silhouette Cameo software and some designs so I can try it out later....

I'm going to get started with a.m. routine.

-clear kitchen counters
-empty dishwasher
-start a load of laundry
-give ddogs meds
-clear kitchen table

I've felt like I was in some kind of insane "Groundhog Day" state the last few days - I've constantly been clearing kitchen counters and table. Every time one of us walk in the door something goes down on the counters or table.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:00 pm

After 3 days of being quiet here things are bustling once again.

Maintenance is putting together two bookcases for me. They are 18" wide and 5' tall. They are going in my office.

This has been sitting because I kept getting interrupted.

Dawn 2011

Postby Dawn 2011 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Good morning SHE's! I hope you all had a Happy Christmas.

I am sleeping in alot during this Christmas vacation, Husband has been home off work and so that has been possible. He is making breakfast with the kids right now.
We had a nice Christmas. Just the 4 of us, as hubby is sick and we didn't want my dad and sister to come over and have my 87 year old dad get sick.....so we will celebrate with them later when we are all well (this cold has been hanging on for ages!)

Just a quick hello. Love to you all.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:35 pm

I set the timer and did 25 minutes on that round - still need to finish kitchen counter clean up and start lol but ds came down and wants to take a shower, and requested that I refrain from using hot water until he's done. I also did a quick straighten up in the den and on DR table, where there is still wrapping paper.

Listening to Jewish rock radio online.

-finish up kitchen counters (this includes the two fry pans I used to get the sausage and bacon ready for breakfast casseroles yesterday)
-start a lol
-upstairs make the bed
-straighten up MBR and bath
-brush teeth and get into clothes for day!

Waving to Dawn Elise - we miss seeing you!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:43 pm

Coffee has been consumed, DS is up, DMum has been chatted with, and the cable guy came over an hour early!! Now I can get busy and do a few things without worrying about interruptions. I think I'll start upstairs - the bathroom and the kitten room are both pretty much disaster zones.

- gather laundry
- clean upstairs litter boxes
- vacuum spare room
- put away toys (from DGS)
- remove kitten footprints from kitten room closet

I'll be taking up both a big garbage bag and a donate box/bag, because stuff is going to start leaving my house today!!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:28 pm

I knew there is a long shelf life for candy canes but 2 years? My box of mini canes says best by - 1/6/14.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:21 pm

Indiana candy canes don't last that long around here as they are one of dgds favs. I have mixed up ginger bread cookie dough Dgd helped with one pan of cookies.
She's watching her favorite movie here Frankin's magic Christmas looking at the new to her book. H. is watching some war movie the music is not bad on it. Made a call and put a card w/letter out to mail today glad I did that last night & hoping it is my last one. Journaling done off line food log is current. I've had my lunch. Kitchen spiff done.

E-mail sent about the schedule at church for this week hoping to get info. before the weekend on this.

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:51 pm

Hello village and Happy Boxing Day to Kathryn and Bittersweet!

I'm doing laundry from our trip and getting ready to repack for trip to visit my DMom on Wednesday. We'll be gone for 3 days and home for New Year's Eve.

Okay - I can relate to your mixed emotions this week, with the death of my dear childhood friend and Christmas and traveling and another travel/visit upcoming. I'm staying focused like you with a list of the most important actions to keep moving forward. Thank you for your inspiring task list.

Off to the adventures.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:15 pm

I haven't gotten a whole lot done, but we decided to go out to buy DS's present - a new hard drive for his computer. Ummmmmmm.....NOT!!!! When we got to Mem*ry Express and saw a lineup of about 30 people waiting to get IN the store because they were still so busy at 2pm, we decided we could buy what we needed another day. :shock: So we went to the grocery store (passing the blocks long strip mall of big box stores with people lining up in cars to even get in the parking lot!! :o ), picked up a few things, and came back home. I'm going to mix up a batch of box stuffing, make us some turkey sammiches, and we'll watch the last HP movie.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Post When You Can”