Monday/Boxing Day PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Monday/Boxing Day PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:20 pm

I've been playing with the new Silhouette Cameo. http://www.silhouetteamerica.com/ I'm beginning to get it figured out and cut some simple shapes.

I'm using the GF grill tonight to grill up some chicken breasts - I need something healthy for a change, although I might have a couple of potato latkes along side.

Ddogs are waiting not too patiently for supper so I need to head downstairs and get busy. I cleared off my upstairs work desk (as opposed to the stamping/craft desk) and am enjoying using it.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:10 pm

Party is over. Dd is cooking dinner for the remaining people, two of her friends plus dfs, (frying up shrimp in garlic butter plus making garlic cheese bread using the homemade bread from Saturday night). Ds is upstairs napping before his overnight shift. Surfer Dude just went back to his folks' house but not before peeling and cutting up potatoes to make mashed potatoes for ds's overnight supper.

After the party was over the young people, dh and I sat around talking for a while and then we played Apples to Apples. Even dh joined in which is unusual because he doesn't like games.

There was a good turnout for the party but not stellar. I cooked a lot less food than usual and still had leftovers but at least all the veggies are gone. The young people made up the veggie trays and helped with most of the set up. My back was out for the prep time so it was great to have someone to run up and down the stairs to the pantry cupboard for me.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:37 pm

waving to max'sgrandma
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Missed her. Maybe she will pop back.

We had a wonderful christmas.
I'm tired and headachey today. I hadn't put my pillow back on the bed and slept with my old one. Neck is complaining.

Need just sneek on some regular routines today. and rest a bit.
Might put on a load of washing.
And see how hard it is to post pics now they are on my computer.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:48 pm

Hello, everyone!
Twins, that Silhouette looks sooo neat!!!

We've had a fairly quiet day around here... just the grocery run, but we stayed away from Wmart & went to regular grocery store & CVS. Neither of us had any desire to fight the crowds. I need to go back to the mall and swap a sweater, and I also need to go to Wmart or somewhere and get dmil a desk calendar -- the kind that lies flat on the desk, you know, like a blotter.
PLUS... the stuff I dread the most, which couldn't be done today b/c everyone was closed... I have to go to the cleaners/ironing lady, and I need to get her to hem a pair of pants for me, so I'll have to try them on for her, etc... AND have to go back to the drug store to get dfil's rx's... and go to the bank. So tomorrow will be busy.

Happy Boxing Day! Hope you all have a good night!
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:55 pm

I will need go to resizing, to post pics from Kathryn & Kens visit in March, and crafty stuff from last christmas.
But I really need the kink out of my head/neck.
Just begin.
Living this day, today

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:40 pm

Wow, what a day. :shock: About 75 percent of my good plans came to be. Some ideas I'd had were lost in the press of everyone trying to dodge so many short people and a big fat tree with presents, also noise, and also because we were limited between the time dd33 family arrived and ds had to be back at firehouse, about 1.5 hours. But it was a fun rush, and of course dstepson and dd33's families each had a lot more time to hang out.

I loved the restraint on the part of my children AND grandchildren to wait for each present to be opened and appreciated - they know that's my pet peeve, lol. For the first time in many years, HRH and I also exchanged presents in the midst - I got a slim new Canon camera (ours is very old and pudgy), and he got the first 4 seasons of Big Bang Theory, so we can definitely enjoy each other's gifts. Daddy said his framed oval portrait of his mother is "precious".

As I refreshed the Wassail (after ds26 took a thermos to the firehouse with him) I mistook the children's cherry juice Dd33 had put into our fridge for the Cran Apple. Sigh. So now it tastes interesting... ...

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Mmmm... I would like cherry much better than cran-apple, anyway, Harriet, so that sounds pretty good to me! ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:47 pm

Belated Happy Birthday to Twins and Norma!

Saturday's trip was ok, it's always a little more traffic than I'd like, but we made it ok. The lasagna I took up was delicious and we made a meal around that. And exchanged gifts in the afternoon, that was fun.

Mid-evening we went to other DD's and DGKs were running around waiting for us to arrive. Did the Santa cookies and raindeer food with them. Sun morning was fun, as usual we sat quietly in a corner while DD got video of DGKs. Other DD came in the afternoon and we were all together for the rest of the day and that was really nice to be all together like that.

Today we had some sightseeing and lunch out before leaving to come home. Trip down I-4 was just awful with non-stop traffic getting off at shopping center exits and an awful jam at the theme parks. It took us over an hour longer to get home. But we did, safely, and it feels good to be home.

I'm calling most of the holiday a success, with just a couple disappointments, but then what does go perfectly? Not much, I'd say!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:58 pm

Dinner is done I've spiffed up the kitchen again. The pan burnt that we cooked dinner in so I've cleaned out and have the fan on and opened up windows in the rear and the front of the house.

I'm having some tea now. Granny duty is done for today. I'll have all four kids over tomorrow at least for a while. So we will do some cookies to frost, popcorn, puzzles and a movie here. Looking forward to it.

Got a response and they are back to regular services this week at church.

Return to “Post When You Can”