Do the Deed Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Indiana

Re: Do the Deed Tuesday

Postby Indiana » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:28 pm

lucylee and Harriet you are both right.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:51 pm

We don't do much celebrating New Year's Eve. I was always afraid of drunken traffic. Last year we went to a church thing and it turned out to be just the recovery group there and I only knew one couple, and the music (band) was too loud for conversation. We won't try that again.

Do the Deed: Hmmm, nothing sitting here for a long time, except for 2 sorted stacks of mail I went through, reconciled account, paid bills, updated a file.

I also sent a late Christmas card in response to one we got with lovely note and picture inside. I called and talked to DSis and read her my note from my girlfriend up north.

OKay, I admire the way you interact with your family. Sometime when things are settled and quieter for you I must ask your advice. I don't react to things with your sense of calm. I need your secret!

It's been grey and drizzley. So good to have rain this time of year. Keeps things greener much longer. I need to go clean out a kitchen drawer. DH got a nice set of bbq tools and needs a place for them. We think they are too nice to leave hanging on the grill outside.

Indiana, I googled your celebration. Makes perfect sense to me, I may join you this year.
Last edited by Harmony on Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue Dec 27, 2011 2:53 pm

hello dear ladies,

Not getting here soon enough for the morning greeting, but I did get my dailies done.

Sending hugs to (((Okay and family))) and (((LucyLee and family))).

Christmas was a success with company staying really late. Yesterday was spent setting the house back to what it should be, well not quite to what it should be, that's taking me a few months-- :lol: or years.

It felt good to have a Sunday off, Christmas is the only day WM closes. Had some disappointed callers Saturday evening when they learned we were closing at 8 that night. Seems like some people have a problem if WM is not open for them. Can remember a time when everything except hospitals, police, fire dept, closed every Sunday.

We've got sunshine here today and temps almost 50 degrees. Not bad at all.

Got some of my weeklies done yesterday also, going to whittle away some more today too.

Will be working New Year's Eve and New Year's Day. As Dmom always told me, do on New Year's Day what you want to do for the rest of the year.

Enjoy your day!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Sadie!

I was googling something my DFriend said in her letter to me and thought I'd pass it along, especially for OKay after her note about the light display.

My friend went to Oglebay Resort in West Va., one of the top 10 light displays in the U.S.

Here is a link :arrow: http://www.oglebay-resort.com/fol.htm

They don't give away a lot of the displays, but I got a feel for how spectacular it must be!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:19 pm

I'm sick. Really, really, sick.

Timing was good. As soon as things quieted down yesterday, I became aware that I was feeling overfull. Didn't eat any dinner, drank diet gingerale and soda water. That didn't help.

Gave up at 9:30 and headed to bed. Was sick and/or up at 11:14, 12:14, 1:14, 2:14, 3:14, 5:14. Dh said the timing was amusing.

At first I was freezing, temp was 96.4 and I couldn't stop shaking. That scared dh and he wanted to take me into the ER. I told him I was just sick and once I managed to get the poisons out of my body, it would settle down. After each time, I'd take my temp and it rose slowly. When I woke in the morning, it was exactly 100. My GI is stable-ish now and my temp is bouncing up and down between 98.7 and 99.7.

The bedroom was smelling (even I could notice it) so dh opened the windows and put on more blankets. Eventually, I started 15's (up for 15 minutes, down for 45) and took a shower to clean me up (airing the bedding with all the windows open while I was in the bathroom) and cleaning the toilet and sick bucket during another 15. Finally, my room has been tidied up.

Dd still has a friend here, so I'm staying upstairs in order to make sure I don't infect him. I have no idea if it is food poisoning or flu. We'll find out if it lingers. No one else is sick from the food that I know of, but if I hear ds is sick, then we can point to the ham we had on Christmas (we were the only ones to eat the ham.)

Dh, dd and her friend have almost finished cleaning up from the party. Dh had to take dd out this morning to rent a car so she has wheels now and will be taking her friend home then going out to meet up with other friends. We have a winter storm warning so she'll try and get home early tonight (the main storm will hit overnight.)

The advantage of a Newfie New Year is that Newfoundland is 1.5 hours ahead of New York so you can get off to bed early. It would be cool if they were doing the Mummers tradition as well, but I'm thinking that isn't likely.

Ds is back at his house as he's on nights now so he doesn't have a long commute. I will warn him about the storm since he's been sleeping all day and may not know about it. He'll be able to park his car in a garage in order to save having to clean it off tomorrow morning after work.

I'm feeling well enough to ask for my computer now and I'm having some coke and slices of banana. Dh picked up gatorade and bananas for me on his way home from the car rental place. I tried toast but it didn't make me feel better so I only had a bit or two. Thankfully, we have lots of gingerale and coke on hand because of the holidays. Normally, I keep just a can or two of 'medicinal' gingerale on hand.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:15 pm

Hello, villagers ~

I'm with Kathryn. Starting to feel a little better.

We had a wonderful visit with DH's family on Sunday. DSisIL fixed a huge supper, and we had 4 generations all playing games together. It was so much fun to see the kids we haven't seen for a couple of years.

Got home around midnight. At 4 I was sick, and have been in bed most of the time since. No warning, and DH is fine, so I am suspecting some ham salad that had been sitting out on the counter without an ice pack.

I'll have to wait and see how I feel in the morning before deciding whether or not to go to work tomorrow. Right now I know I would not be able to stand at the counter.

In the meantime, I have a backlog of shows recorded so I can relax and watch those. We have a refrigerator full of leftovers from both parties, and DH has been enjoying the variety.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:21 pm

I have actually made decent progress.

Have uploaded almost enough receipts to close out our medical reimbursement plan for the year - still a little short but am picking up a listing tomorrow from the pharmacy of the HRT meds that aren't included in the insurance listing, and that will put us over the top, I think. I also reordered meds for myself and that helped.

My massage appointment was cancelled and I took a little nap as the cleaning lady finished up - that kept me and the ddogs out of her way.

Next up is to do some work documenting CPE and sending it to the firm administrator.

I'm actually still in pajamas. Ds asked a few minutes ago if we could have Chinese for supper and I agreed, but neither of us wants to get out of our pajamas to pick it up, so it's a standoff for now.

I was supposed to take dd's computer to my office today and still haven't.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:33 pm

-update my password listings for logins which I had to set up today to access needed info
-sync my iPad
-have ds take his clean clothes upstairs
-fold a lol and reboot
-clean my rings
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:52 pm

K in C & Booksaver feel better.

We've had lunch today. Cookies are done for now, and I have some ready for the older ones to take home with them as they did not get any yet. The older grands have been out side playing basket ball.

Got my ex. bike mileage done.
Spiffed up the kitchen a bit but not all the way.
Basement will wait until they have left.

Called to get the two Rx going to pick up when we are down town later in the week.
Got our plans for the rest of the week and week end firmed up so it's feeling more like a productive day here.

I've enjoying having the older dgd's show me their kindle not the kindle fire it's good to see what they do and that they can make print bigger to know they have photos but are in b&w.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:06 pm

Waving to all from Wednesday.

Hope you feel better soon Kathryn and Booksaver.

Another quote rcd today
If you cant move the mountain then move a few stones.
Organizer Lady

Iots to do.
I'm not sure my gee-normous l*st is helpful.
dgd may visit in a couple of weeks when her plaster is off.
Need quote for tail light damaged in carpark bingle. (Note to self - parking back a row from busy row may be advantageous.) I suspect repair yards may be closed this week. I'll try the nearest one and ins approved one too.hoping the other guy will say we just deal with our own if my cost is not too much. He just had scraped paint. Theres more to do on mine. bumber dent as well. Hoping that can be "popped out".
Less fatigued today so that is good.
I need work out gifts to rest of family. I took some of the heavy glassjars to south (and daughters liked them) to get rid of posting problem, and need non choc male gifts - the extras invited to Chrismas day got those.
Will need go looking for inspiration. Nice socks may feature. I think I may just post them. Avoid hwy driving til I and roads are more settled. Although my head is clearer atm.

Time to move on to bfst.

btw - posted photos w KIC visit in members.
lol. wore same blouse to christmas so if I post photos from there - Its a summer favourite.

I used picnik.com to resize photos. Once I'd worked it out it was simple enough. They have easy settings for atavars too. Hopefully it'd take all the settings to right levels.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”