Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Wednesday

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:24 pm

atlantic flyer, I think this is a simple cold, just impressive in the amount of needed tissues and the congestion. Dsonil was pretty sure I got it from the children. I am better in that the pain from sinus pressure is already gone and I am sneezing much less. I'm disappointed to have the feeling that I still have a fleeting temp, so that I may still be contagious. But so far, HRH's Lysol battle, sleeping on the couch himself, and keeping ddad away from me has seemed to work - no one else in our household has it. He's been fastidious. I told him, though, that often an elderly person weathers a cold better than anyone, having the most chance of being previously exposed to the same virus.

I hope he can stay well. He'll have an early day tomorrow.

We decided on pizza tonight, since I was on the fritz. I've finished up the Evening Dailies.

Two general OMMs here -
what needs to be done before end-of-year? and
what should my New Year's resolutions be?

Dstepgd bumped the card wreath, we got it back together marginally, and it's needed redoing since, but I just don't have the get-up-and-go. I'll look forward to that in the morning, and will photograph it.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:31 pm

Not such great shape, Harriet, or I wouldn't have been breathless when we got back. Also I haven't been riding enough to get "used" to the seat and I was sore a bit. I spend a bit of time standing in the pedals to give my sit-upon a rest from the seat, about once on every street. As I ride more I get used to it.

OKay, I neglected to say that it sounds like your family got through the services with no bad mishaps. I wish you peace and calm as this all "settles in" during the next few days.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:54 pm

Through dinner. My tummy is still deciding how much it will rebel. It still doesn't like being fed.

I processed the mail and discovered a relatively large cheque from the Presbytery as an honorarium towards my gas for my volunteering. I'm very touched. Most of the time, I combine my volunteering with other errands so it doesn't really cost me much and I've had to cancel a couple of times when dh needed the car so I don't really feel like I deserve the money.

We watched another episode of Leverage while we had dinner.

My washer just buzzed to let me know it is time to toss the towels into the dryer. Will go do that before I forget.

I just caught sight of the time and realize it will be bedtime soon since I'm still sick and need to get stronger. We must have had a very late dinner and I didn't notice.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:59 pm

The move continues. Ladies, I am afraid that I was in denial. There is still a bunch of stuff over at the other house. Yesterday I brought over a big load and I did the same today. Dh came home mid-afternoon with severe joint pain. He has sat in the recliner with a heated throw. He told me awhile ago that his right knee was swollen. I heated up a rice bag and put on it. Yikes, because he needs to move his garage items this weekend. This move has done a number on us. I fall into bed and I swear I am asleep before my head hits the pillow.

Okay,it really choked me up to read about LO holding your dparents hands. Oh, the loving innocence of a child. I am sure that anyone who witnessed this will always remember how special it was.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:16 pm

Just peeking in for a few minutes. I still have to cuop last couple of days.

Happy Anniversary Norma and Dh.

Monday we braved the crowds of shoppers looking for sales. The return lines were long, too. We had one last gift to get for dgd14 in Va. Found a pair of jeans I know she would like. Got them wrapped last evening, cookies packed and the big box packed and ready for mailing. We made the trip to the post office yesterday then drove to the mall to get some walking in.

Received a phone call from ds#2 this afternoon. They are back from north Fl. and will come to have Christmas with us on Friday. Yesterday I had a nice talk with my dsis.

Will go to cuop to see what everyone's been doing.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:06 am

I'm still up. Didn't mean to be but got working on paying bills and reconciling bills and updating quicken and things didn't balance so I ended up staying up late.

That's all done and crossed off my to-do list. Now to fold laundry and then head to bed.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:21 am

builder friend came again and took a load of measurements on the house.
Person who told me corner had dropped by 3inches was majorly wrong.
This morning I woke with a severe case of hebygeebies. Worried about all manor of things major.
We have a list of next things.
He will quote me on repairs/replacement to badly weathered - read falling off - western red cedar around 2 sideslaundry.
I have a list of things I need doing. I ort get started at least today. We left out my ladder - I wanted to see if I can climb up enough to clean the gutters without doing my shoulders in or losing my head w the height. (its a lowset house) I might not get it all done but I could do some. Moving the mountain a few pebbles at a time as it were.

Sending much love and many hugs to you all . Prayers.
The service sounded special OKay. It is very precious that LO was able to be there with your parents.
I rcd an positive email on childrens thoughts on love. I might lift them to post in members only. The last comment reminds me of LO.
I'll do that if I can find it easily. Email titles don't give headings. I just save the ones I love.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”