Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
atlanticflyer

Re: Wednesday

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:08 pm

yikes posted on Tuesday so copied to move it over here, sorry i am such a downer, trying to get some good news in my life to share

(((okay))) sorry for your loss, i am just jumping in right now so am not getting the whole story

sorry for those who are sick, i had the flu a couple weeks ago and it lingered for days

Christmas is over thank goodness, had/having an awful holiday so far we stayed in NB for the first time in years and just had Christmas with the 4 of us. on the 16th of December my 16 year old newly licensed driver was involved in an accident. he is okay thank goodness but the insurance company is putting us through h**l. i downgraded my insurance package this fall thinking that luxuries such as window and rental were taken off not knowing that they also removed collsion, I thought it was part of a basic package. it wasn't and i guess it is my fault for not reviewing the fine print. as a result i have had no vehicle. my company refuses to put the accident through the other insurance company (in NB we have no fault insurance so my insurance compnay has to go through the other company). they won't review a police report or even look at it. this is what happended, he was making a left turn into our driveway, the car behind him decides to pass him on the left crashing into the drivers side. the other guy admitted at fault at the scene, saw the signal lights etc. he was even charged at the scene. he is 100 percent at fault. the insurance company wants to make us take 75 percent of the liability, I am fighting this. if they do my insurance rates go up, my son loses points on his license, i am responsible to pay entirely for my 8000 dollar car. on top of it all they were closed for a week and have made no move on the claim, an appraisor hasn't even been out to see the car. my health is not great, my chronic lung infection is worse, my OCD is at an all time high and I don't have a way to get to appointments anyhow sorry to dump on you all but I am off work for two weeks and am feeling very isolated in all this

Dawn elise has been checking in? thats' great!

Helia my kids loved tintin too!

okay puttering around and trying to amuse my mind

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Yes! I made it in time to post the morning greeting.

Big wave to Atlantic Flyer.

Okay, please go ahead and post your thoughts and activities. We are here to share with you. Death is part of life.

I remember one aunt that had visitation and funeral at her home. This was in the late 60's or early 70's. They did have a funeral director there to organize everything. It was unique at the time. Dmom had told me when her mother died in 1927 they had funeral at their home, also grandfather who died in the 30's, had funeral at home too.

It a sunny day here. Temps are in the upper 40's. Supposed to drop into the teens tonight.

I have my dailies done and most of my weeklies, think I have 3 or 4 left to do which I should be able to work in tomorrow. Friday is a full day of work at WM so no chance then.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:46 pm

Kathryn -- sorry my post was confusing -- I don't think my brain has been functioning quite well since I got out of school! Every time I leave the house, I forget something and have to come back and get it, for example.

But anyway -- I meant to say the visitation was at someone's home, w/the body there. My great-grandparents' bodies were taken to my grandparents' homes. Sometimes people would be returned to their own homes; I guess that was when the widow/widower was still living there. And this would always involve someone -- sometimes men from the church -- agreeing to "sit up with the dead" overnight. DH remembers staying up all night w/his uncle when his grandmother died. Then the funeral would be held the next day at the church.
As you said, it did allow for more relaxed times -- a widow could even go lie down and get away from the hub-bub and social activity if she wished. OTOH, there was no real "closing time" so some people NEVER went home, it would seem. When my great-grandmother on my dad's side passed away, dmom was pregnant w/my brother, and ddad just stayed and stayed and stayed. I remember dmom & I went to my aunt's house, a few houses down the road, and slept on the couch and the recliner there.
Writing this, I realize, I bet my dmom was REALLY glad when this practice ended, and ddad was kinda held in check by formal, stated visitation hours. ;) She has always said at times of death, being in my dad's family is like being part of a huge, Irish-Catholic clan, minus the alcohol. (I hope that is not offensive to anyone! I don't mean it to be insulting -- just picturing the scenes in movies, w/people EVERYWHERE and it goes on and on and on.)
I must say I am glad no one ever asked me to touch/kiss the deceased. If that had happened to me as a child, I would have been traumatized for life!

(((OKay))) Thinking of you and your dfamily today.

Also sending get well wishes to all who are under the weather * or recovering * today! (((Kathryn))) (((bsweet))) (((Harriet))) (((Harriet's dd?)))
For Harriet & dd, I would recommend heavy doses of antihistamine... but dmom has always said sometimes it seems that NOTHING will stop the runny nose, etc for the first 24 hours. That is especially true w/severe allergy attacks, but probably w/colds, too.

I'm going to try to do my errands at the mall today and get the car cleaned up.

Twins, I am right there w/you... feel that I'm wasting time while off work... need to be grading papers, etc... can't stand to even think about it right now.

Aflyer -- (((BIG HUGS))) -- glad ds is okay!

Happy anniversary to Norma & dh!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:48 pm

Norma & hubby Happy Ann.
Today bs is down a bit more today so yea for that five point lower than yesterday.

{Okay} your posts help me to know what others are going through on this board and to pray, also for me to be grateful for the simple things in our life this week I feel this is a safe place to post thank you so much for sharing. Having young ones around is a nice distraction for everyone is what we learned when hubby's granny died and dd was a toddler!

Hoping those of you that have been fighting illness are feeling better on the mend and return to health soon.

I slept in a bit today. We need to do a store run dgson did not get his ice cream sandwich, his mom came just a bit too soon. But they did get to enjoy the pizza for the afternoon snack.

I need to pay attn. to the floors, cleaning, & laundry today but time will tell as to how far I get with those.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:51 pm

List of DEEDS to be done -- just trying to keep myself on track --
[ ] reconcile checkbook
[ ] finish grading exams & posting grades
[ ] laundry
[ ] change sheets
[ ] return/exchange gift @ mall
[ ] get SUV washed/vacuumed
[ ] put away Christmas
Tomorrow is another day.

atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:54 pm

thanks lucylee, ds is fine and he handled it all on his own, called the police himself, checked on the other guy to see if he was okay, this is not fair to him.

waving back to sadie!

nancy my hubby just got diagnosed with diabetes, he has to watch it carefully as he has numbness and pain in his feet

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 28, 2011 2:17 pm

I called my office to check that computer guy was going to be there, and called the hotel regarding the left items. I ended up on hold with them and was going to call back, but package showed up just now. Also called a congregant back - he had contacted the office with a question and I just wanted to follow up and offer to help him.

Going to head out now to take dd's computer and p/u at drugstore.

We rec'd an email this morning about setting up our first appt with the design person at the builders. The first session will be to make decisions re the structure and exterior.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:41 pm

still dealing with insurance company, i have one more hope for my case and I am storming heaven that God shows mercy and things work in my favour tomorrow.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:44 pm

Yesterday I called and got my refills going so they would be on the tax info. for this year. Glad I did as I was down to my last 4 pills of one I did not realize it was that low. :shock:
Washer twins are going now and I"m back from my walk.

Dawn 2011

Postby Dawn 2011 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Good morning again. I saw Twins and AFlyer and Harriet's hellos. Thank you so much.

Not feeling too well . Seems like this cold just will not go away unless I strictly limit my acitivities and JUST. REST.
Dd is listening to a CD of 50 Nursery Rhyme Songs that her grandmother gave her for Christmas (yes, she is 6 but she still loves them!) and ds is watching a documentary for kids on Airplanes, thanks to the VCR that a friend found for us on Freecycle (we are so happy to have one that is working as it has been at least a year since the kids have been able to watch some of their favorite videos. I am letting them watch all they want during this 2nd week of school vacation, except for meal times. The don't eat well if I leave the TV on when they are eating. I need to force myself to rest, there is so much I want and need to do! Thankful for the timing of the VCR so I can hole up a little.

AtlanticFlyer---I am soooooo so sorry for your troubles that you are having right now. I can totally sympathize with you and say that I know that must be so very hard to go through all those things right now. I will lift you up in prayer and ask God for mercy on your situation. Don't be too hard on yourself for the mistake you made in not reading the fine print. We all make mistakes, even costly ones like that, sometimes. You are human, and you are doing the best you can. Dear Lord, I pray that you would help AF to obtain some mercy from the insurance company. I pray that you would provide some light at the end of this tunnel for her and bring some good out of this situation. Thy will be done.

AF-er----do you have an email address I could email you?

Return to “Post When You Can”