Pepper Pot Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Pepper Pot Thursday

Postby bittersweet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:26 am

Today is Pepper Pot Day!! Yep...really! Honest!

http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/December/pepperpotday.htm

What can you do to pep up this last Thursday of 2011?
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Lilac

Re: Pepper Pot Thursday

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:50 am

Thanks for posting the Pepper Pot link, bittersweet.

This morning I will be watching dgd2 while dd2 takes dgd8+months for a check-up and shots. After that I will spend the rest of the day packing and moving. I will just keep plugging away. Afterall eventually 1 of 2 things will happen, either I will get it all moved or else I will run out of places to put anything.

I need to get around and get my hair colored soon. I have a haircut appt Tuesday, so I will have to get it done before then.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:08 am

I'm up and feeling better.

My temp was below my normal last night but I wasn't cold at all so saw that as a sign I'm getting better. This morning, despite being in a hot flash, my temp was 97.4 (slightly above normal for me) so I'm declaring myself well.

The speed of my recovery indicates food poisoning to me, flu lasts much longer.

I'm on the treadmill this morning. Despite losing everything I ate on the 26th and eating virtually nothing on the 27th, my weight is still up.

Now I have to plan the meals for the last few days of the holidays. Tonight is ribs (dh is looking forward to those) and tomorrow is his birthday. Timing is looking like we'll eat out, which makes it Chicken. If we eat at home, it will be roast beef. Saturday night is marinated steak. Waffles for lunch on Sunday, Sunday dinner may be roast beef if we don't have it, or just soup and sandwiches. Monday onwards it will be back to normal eating.

I need to make up a grocery list because I discovered we are almost out of bacon. We had four pounds bought at the beginning of December so that is shocking. Of course, we had two big waffle lunches in that time, but this may be a reason my weight didn't move earlier in the month. We love C ostco bacon but it is bought 4 pounds at a time and I can't see how we'll manage to lose holiday weight if we have that much in the house and I'm not sure I want to freeze that much.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:50 am

It could also have been a norovirus, Kathryn. They usually resolve themselves within 2- 3 days, and about all you can do for treatment is try to stay hydrated.

DS is up, DH is home from work, and my "morning peace and quiet" is over :roll: Last night's sleep was interrupted, thanks to ddog (and that 'd' does NOT stand for dear this morning!!) who decided that even though she'd been out just before I went to bed, she could not POSSIBLY wait one second longer, and woke me at 1:15am to go out :evil: I did get some more sleep, but would really love to try for an actual uninterrupted night sometime soon! At least I can have a nap this afternoon.

This morning will be fairly busy as I drop DS at work, take Jiggs and Buster(ette) to the vet for their spay appointments, and do a couple of other errands. Then it's back home to start in on a mountain of cleaning and laundry! Why is it that whenever I seem to have the most to do, I also seem to have the least amount of motivation :roll:
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:36 am

First load of laundry is on the line. It is -4F outside (-20C) so I had to work fast. My line froze and wouldn't spin so that was my first problem, then my basket fell off the stand and skittered across the deck because the stand had ice on it so the basket wasn't sitting level. Then the sheets kept sliding along the line because it and they were icy. So it was a comedy of errors.

It is a dry cold so I wasn't as uncomfortable as I was last week. And I had shook out and folded the sheets inside the house so they were more manageable to get onto the line. Even so, my top sheet froze in a billowing shape before it was fully attached to the line so it looks like it belongs in a stop action film!

I have the guest room sheets in the washer now. Other clothes are with them but those won't get hung out. I'm not a masochist.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:18 am

well good morning dkathryn, db is sweet, and dlilac. May you all have a wonderful productive day.

I am heading to do a load of whites
then do paperwork for one hour
and then walk on the treadmill
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:40 am

Need to get myself rolling...was up early with ddogs and dh and then slept in longer. So nice!

-kitchen counters
-reboot laundry (we have a lot more w dkids home!)
-empty dishwasher and reload
-meds + vitamins, me and ddogs
-get rid of 10 pieces of paper

setting timer also....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:43 am

Hello everybody!

I hope everybody fighting "bugs" of one sort or another will be feeling better today.

Kathryn, sounds like you are doing very well, out in the cold air. Picturing the sheet in the breeze!

We were cold today. Mid 40's by the time I got up. Snuggling under a quilt is so much fun.

I have done a few things at my desk, and a bunch in the office with DH, writing a proposal. I am in hold mode waiting for the last friday of the month / year. If we didn't have another Friday to go this year, I could begin closing out the month and year. But as it stands now, DH might have someone working tomorrow, so one more payroll day to count. I am antsy to get it going and get it finished. I have one subcontractor who has not come for his check yet, so I must wait on that too.

For some reason, I am anxious for the new year to begin. Usually I am sad to see Christmas end, but this year because we had friends here before Christmas and the holiday itself was so nice, it felt more ended on the 26th. I am beginning to think about undecorating the house.

I have some goals for 2012 in my mind, and feel optomistic we can move forward with some things.

When do you all take down your decorations?
Last edited by Harmony on Thu Dec 29, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:09 pm

Second load of sheets are on the dryer. The rest of that load (socks and dish towels) were popped in the dryer for a few minutes. I'll see what's dry and hang up the rest after vacuuming upstairs.

I just finished breakfast so my day is on a slow roll.

Our decorations will come down starting on Monday, except dd may take her ornaments off the tree on Sunday after our guests leave. Hers have been separate and not on the tree for a few years since I keep expecting her to move back to Ontario and want her own decorations back. But since she was here this year to decorate, I let her put them up on the tree. She also went through the decorations I'm ready to part with and moved some into her pile. Ds needs to do that too (although he really doesn't seem to care at this point.)

Dd's project for today or tomorrow is to go through the 'shrine' to her in the spare bedroom and pack it away. These were things she left behind in her room when she moved and I put them onto shelves in the spare room so she'd think that I still remembered her. I'm sick of them there now. Only a few items mean anything to me (and those I'll keep up) but things like a box of dried soup from some high school party is due to be tossed. She can take photos if she wants a memory.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:15 pm

Got through some of that round, will take care of 10 pieces of paper and finish folding that lol when I start again soon.

This time I'll add:
-get dressed and ready for day
-make the bed
-upstairs finish putting away a basket of laundry from yesterday
-clear kitchen table
-straighten up den and LR

Need to head out on errand rounds and I'm going to go ahead and try to pick up a printout from our optometrist for the charges the day that dd got new lenses for her glasses - dd said she didn't receive one. I still have the HRT to enter for medical reimbursement, but I don't want to risk it being thrown out and not getting it all back. I'm down to just a little over $100 but dh's plan changes 1/1/12 and somehow, all must be used for 2011 to start the 2012 year out with the changes.

Timer going again....
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”