Pepper Pot Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
BookSaver
Administrator

Re: Pepper Pot Thursday

Postby BookSaver » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:33 pm

Good morning, villagers ~
Thank you for all of the well wishes, I feel much better today. I'm convinced that the problem was DSIL's ham salad she left out on the counter in a very hot room. DH didn't eat any of it. Luckily I only had a little bit, and didn't overeat for the rest of the meal.

I was able to work the whole shift yesterday. We were extremely busy for the first 5 hours, but then very slow for the rest of the night and that helped.

Yesterday I still didn't dare eat more than a few tablespoons of food at a time. Right now I'm actually hungry so I'm going to try to eat a little more.

Goodness, no wonder I'm hungry, I've already been working around the house over an hour and a half. I'm just so far behind on everything, and desperately need to start catching up deskwork.

OK -- 6x6 --
1) Finish sorting the current mail
2) Pay bills and charitable contributions
3) Take paycheck to ATM
4) Start to update sewing group financial reports
5) DPC someone hasn't paid for newsletter ad
6) Read newspapers, as I'm a week behind again

I'm going to fix something for brunch and then come back to cuop. BRB.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:35 pm

We had high winds in our area last night, I had to sweep leaves out of the carport this morning and pick up a few things that blew around. It's still windy here this morning but not as bad.

I'm up s2s x bs is awesome this morning! Yea for that.

What they enjoyed most about this holiday season?
I was thinking of the cheese dip for the weekend that has salsa in it this morning.

Dgkids will be here in a while having all 4 of them today during the mid day.

H. was up achey in the night and fighting a bit of a bug.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:51 pm

And going again - I didn't get upstairs that round, but I did load Goodwill stuff into the car to drop off today and reboot the laundry..
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:54 pm

afternoon!

went to town with dfriend this morning, it is hard to beg for rides but nice to spend some time with her. still haven't heard from insurance company, trying to be optimistic but it is hard, my faith gets shaky and a talk with god is needed to restore it. wish this would all resolve and in my favour as my health is suffering.

okay need to walk to mailbox, really cold out but didn't check yesterday, have to alk at least two miles to get there and back. going while I think my insurance adjustor is on her lunch break (you have to have OCD to understand that reasoning :roll: ) doing laundrey, started a roast in slow cooker, did a load of dishes. trying to busy my mind

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:17 pm

Happy Anniversary Mr. and Mrs. MT.

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:25 pm

Greetings Ladies,

Happy Anniversary Mr & Mrs MT.

((Okay)) My sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your DBro.

Feel better Kathryn and Harriet.

Horrible wading in the garden finished. The garden had the last of the water drain away this morning. Ground is still so soft and muddy. Sunshine is required to dry out the ground a little - not likely option at the moment - cloud cover still high and overcast at present. More rain predicted soon.

2 loads of laundry done - whites and bedding.
Laundry basket empty except the towels.
Dishes up next.

Dinner was grilled chicken piece, mixed veg and grated beetroot - thank you DH for cooking.

1 more load of laundry to do but will only be done tomorrow as it's the towels.

DD and I will be sewing tomorrow (hopefully).

Edited to add Anniversary wishes.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:41 pm

Off to return movies, out to lunch with dh and to pick up a present and gift cards to mail to the baby. Need to take the address and wrapping supplies with me so I can mail the parcel on the way home from the store.

Managed to make 3 major mistakes while getting dinner in the crock pot. This is a three ingredient process so not major brain surgery. First, I forgot to start dinner until noon (not great when using the crock pot.) Second, the ribs were stuck together and and I couldn't separate them while frozen so tried to get them into the microwave for defrosting. Attempt one, they fell off the plate and landed on the floor. Attempt 2, they fell off the plate again but this time the loss of the weight off the plate unbalanced it in my wet hand and the plate shattered on the floor as well. So much for Corelle. Chose a larger plate and the ribs were defrosted which led to my third mistake - I couldn't manage to layer onion/ribs/sauce. Not a hard concept, especially with only two layers but I had to remove the second layer to add the sauce to the first layer. Obviously, I'm not running on all cylinders.

Dishwasher is running now. I need to get things done when I can, plus the furnace had to be turned on because dd is too cold so I've given up on cheap electricity hours and will run things when I need to and not wait.

I'll wash the floor when I get home.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:44 pm

Did a little temple biz - turned out that a check that the secretary had been directed to destroy (it was voided on the books by the bookkeeper) was sent out anyway. Had to check online to be sure who deposited it (the correct recipient, anyway) and write another "You messed up" email to the secretary.

Looking through my email box I have a lot of emails that need a response.

Heading out now on errand run.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 1:51 pm

kathryn i started my roast in the cp at noon, it should cook on high

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:17 pm

Happy Anniversary, Mr. and Mrs. Emptynester.

Harriet ~ I'm sorry a rotten cold shortened your time with the visitors. I hope you feel much better today.

Okay ~ I'm so glad you feel able to come here and talk about everything. No, I don't think you talked too much about your brother's passing. It is comforting to read how your family is taking care of grieving for him and, at the same time, keeping Christmas joyful for the grandkids.

Harmony ~ This is the first year that I've put out Christmas decorations in a long time. Traditionally when I do them, I leave them until 12th Night. I have always put them up mid- to late-December so even putting them away that long after Christmas Day, the longest they have ever been out is a month. This time, though, since all I put together is a table display, I will probably clear it all away tomorrow morning because I need the horizontal space.

Part of the current decluttering project is to get ALL of the Christmas stuff stored together in the same location. That location currently contains boxes of misc. stuff, most of which can go out the door. It just needs a quick sort and the energy to carry down all the stairs and outside.

Kathryn ~ Well ... at least you had wanted to wash the floor anyway, so now you can do it without risk of insulting Ken. :) Can't help you with the ribs recipe, I'm not brave enough for that big of a meal yet. I had leftover pizza for brunch and am hoping it wasn't a mistake ... :|

Return to “Post When You Can”