Pepper Pot Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lilac

Re: Pepper Pot Thursday

Postby Lilac » Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:52 pm

Have watched dgd2, ran errands which included picking up a library book that I had put on hold. I have promised myself that I can read it AFTER the other house is empty. I also picked up the recycling from the other house and took it and items from this house to the recycling trailer. Have had lunch and now I need to head to the other house. Ugh!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:04 pm

Oh my -- is it really almost 1:00 p.m.? We were up really, really late last night and I am moving really, really slowly this morning.

:D :D :D Happy anniversary, Mr. & Mrs. MT!!! :D :D :D

(((OKay & family))) So sweet to hear of dLO's compassion and concern for your dparents.
You know, LO's maturity, sensitivity, and kindness are certainly a testimony to his upbringing. There is truly no way to predict where your influence will reach, simply because of the influence you have had on him. He is blessed beyond words to have you & your dh in his life.

We went to see We Bought a Zoo last night. (Yes, we do spend money like drunken sailors when I'm out of school. :roll: :roll: ) But the movie was very good. It is a true story, and very heartwarming. DS & ddil went with us and we all enjoyed it.

Also, found out @ Best Buy last night that the free 3G connection w/Kindle does NOT allow for total web browsing -- apparently it only allows for downloading books? I don't really understand how that can be. How can they block everything from 3G but allow everything for wi-fi??? But two different salesmen @ BB told me that same thing. Soooo... guess there's no such thing as a free lunch, huh? If I want to be "connected" to the internet 24/7, on the road, in the football stadium, etc... then looks like I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and get the iPhone. * sigh *
I really don't think I need to be connected 24/7. I am much too addicted to the internet as is -- mainly to this site, though -- and it probably not a good thing for my marriage for dh to have to see me w/my head buried in the screen 24/7.

OH!!! And good news -- MAYBE -- for ddil!!! She unexpectedly was called in for an interview yesterday @ largest hospital near us, and she was very honest about the situation @ nursing home, and interviewer said their absence policy seemed a bit strict, and that they did not treat her courteously in the manner that it all ended, anyway. Interviewer told ddil to call her back next week if she had not heard from her by then... but ddil feels very hopeful.

I must s2s and do some laundry. Let's see where I am on my DEEDS list...
Yesterday I
[x] returned/exchanged gift @ mall
[x] got SUV washed/vacuumed

Today -- on my mind --
[ ] laundry -- This HAS to be the #1 priority today, b/c I am running out of underwear!!! :oops:
[ ] reconcile checkbook
[ ] finish grading exams & posting grades
[ ] change sheets -- maybe tomorrow --
[ ] put away Christmas -- still thinking that will wait until tomorrow, or maybe Sunday or Monday

Tomorrow -- errands -- back to
[ ] drug store for rx
[ ] CVS for certain items they carry b/c I have coupon
[ ] ironing lady
[ ] cleaners

Waving to ALL!!! And sending lots of FEEL BETTER SOON wishes to all of you who are recovering!!!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:12 pm

Happy Honeymooners ... um, Emptynesters'.. anniversary! :D

Crock pots - Part of dstepdil's gift this year was a utensil for lifting from the crock-pot, long handle with a flat-bottomed spoon at almost a right angle. She was very interested in it - I hope she can get use out of it since she loves her crock pot so much.

Call to ins co (health) made and I think I made a mistake paying for something myself back in Aug. Sigh. Rep asks might I have a receipt - I doubt it. Anyway, did get understanding about other things.

Propane guy (for other house) showed up here with the billing he's supposed to give somebody - I hate that he has to drive over here, but he feels he must. He's a fitness expert who always concerns himself with my ddad's nutrition. Turns out he has knowledge on a subject we were chatting about in H & F so I'll post some info from him there.

HRH called from grocery and said he would leave phone on so I could call him back if I thought of other things. Well, I called but he didn't leave it on after all. Sigh

atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:23 pm

lucylee praying DD gets the job!

great news, God is Good! she prayers availeth much, the insuarnce company is ruling in my favour!!!! it appears that the other party was charged with going 120 km, God was watching over oldest that night as he walked away without a scratch from it. I am so relieved! he not only walked away without a scratch, he checked on the other guy, called 911 himself, dealt with the police, all at the age of 16 :shock: i didn't know anything about the accident until the firetrucks, police and ambulance were there. he couldn't call me as he was busy dealing with the police etc.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:56 pm

I knew it! Happy for you, atlantic flyer, and for your son, although I wish he hadn't had to have a wreck experience so young - it's traumatic enough decades later!

Correction - HRH had left the phone on, but our darling daughter had changed the ring tone to some soft music that he says sounded like the muzak the store was playing and he was listening for the usual ring. Sigh. She promises to change it back to what he expects to hear!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:36 pm

Back from errands. Took a long time to leave because I wanted to include a card but the "congrats on the new baby" cards seemed out of place and 'get well soon' didn't fit either.

So I started with a card that had a decent quote on the outside about blessings in all things and then welcomed the baby on the inside, talked about sending a gift with our blessings to her, and another gift to her parents and then concluded with our continuing prayers. I hope it goes over well.

Bought a little rattle with a face, sound, and texture (there's a good chance the brain damage is with regards to vision) and two little wrist rattles for her (so she can make noise without having to find the rattles in her crib.) Got all that in the mail on our way home.

Also bought new tinsel garlands. My old ones are over 30 years old and getting rather ratty. The new ones were less than I paid for the old ones (the price tags are still legible) because they are on sale 1/2 off. What does that say about cost of living?

Ended up not having lunch while I was out because my tummy got queasy at the thought of eating just then. Had a banana and raisin toast when I got home.

Dd is still putting away things and sorting through the items she is storing here. There are about 5 bins of memories.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:51 pm

wow you all are sooo busy!!! I can't keep up but at least I can keep wonderful company with all you lovely ladies!

this morning: did a load of whites, folded some laundry
made roasted cauliflower soup because I had to use up the cauliflower before it went bad.
made a apple tart with pie crust dough I made the other day, and used the rest of the apples in applesauce.
ddyounger is making dinner tonight.
-vacuumed family room, front hall, dining room, and kitchen. washed spots on kitchen floor.
-did some paperwork.
-cleaned bottom drawer of the refridgerator
(tomorrow lower shelf of refridgerator)

ddolder arrived safely to Los Angeles
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Happy anniversary dear Mr. and Mrs. Mt!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:27 pm

yes happy anniversary to mr and mrs MT!

blessed glad DD arrived safely in Los Angeles

kathryn that sounds like the perfect gift!

thanks Harriet, I remeber my one and only accident, it was traumatic and was when I was in my 30's and my youngest was a toddler in the back seat, thankfully everyone was okay, it was a K-car :lol:

kathryn I love the charm of the older decorations and am still looking for a set of bubble lights.

Lisa B.

Postby Lisa B. » Thu Dec 29, 2011 5:46 pm

Holding thumbs and crossing fingers for your DDil, Lucylee.

Well it's nearly midnight this side of the world and I don't feel sleepy. I'm yawning but don't feel tired. Not sure if one can understand that. :o

DH is in bed long ago...he's working this week as they do not close for the festive / end of year.
“The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” ~ Amelia Earhart
“The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who is going to stop me.” – Ayn Rand

Return to “Post When You Can”