Pepper Pot Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Lynlee

Re: Pepper Pot Thursday

Postby Lynlee » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:28 pm

getting some things done this morning. scrubbing veranda table was/is next on my list. Also have an otd appointment in 1hr.

Happy Anniversary Mr& Mrs MT
Glad ds accident is covered by ins AF.
Fingers and toes crossed for Lucylee's ddil.
Hope you are over the bug now Kathryn

well done all the busy people here.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:36 pm

Oh, ((Emptynester)), sorry! I predict tomorrow you'll be perky.

I am much, much better if not fully restored! :) I even exercised for 15 minutes this evening. So, Cowinkie you can tell your sweetie that I spent 48 hours from first "what is THIS - snif, snif - a cold?" to feeling myself again. I took zinc in the form of Zicam melts. It was kinda miserable, though - tissues, tissues, tissues. So far, so good for the rest of the household.

Kathryn, I think you made wise choices for baby gift and card.

lucylee, I'm glad your dmother got some pain relief. Happy for ds to get to listen to heartbeat today.

Hope LisaB is snoozing deeply by now. Sometimes I don't think a late evening second wind is so good for me, but I do get them for sure. I think HRH lives and breathes them, LOL! He is a total night owl whenever schedule allows it.

Harmony, I haven't needed plastering yet on visits to the salon, but, good for you. I say if it's time to have a little extra work done, go ahead - you're worth it. (ducking and running SO FAST :arrow: )

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Dec 29, 2011 10:39 pm

Oh, I forgot MT was sick. Too bad on her anniversary.

OKay you always get so much stuff done. You have loads of energy.

I worked on 2 more files tonight. One is done ready for CPA taxes (pers. medical file). I do that monthly and just needed to update, total and print out. All my work during the year makes the end easier.

I brought down all the boxes to pack away Christmas decorations. Maybe tomorrow.

Dinner & dishes done. Cooking has been easy, I am working on cleaning out the freezer as it is too full. We've been eating leftovers. Tonight was mashed potatoes, beans, and pork loin with gravy. Really great dinner and I was sure glad I didn't have to cook it.

Took a long walk around about 3 big blocks. I wish I could figure out the mileage, but our odometer in the car doesn't work. I guess I will start going by minutes instead.

LOL Harriet, I used to wear that shirt out to help DH on jobsite when it was not so threadbare! I wonder if painting or plastering would help the few grey strands that are becoming resistant to the dye?!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Oh, I'm SO glad you were still here! :lol: Makes it worth it to run! Dsonil was fussing while they were here because dd33 had thrown out some favorite threadbare tees, and she was defending herself. He said they didn't get comfy until they were a little ripped. LOL! I use a dark tee to visit the colorist so I will know as little as possible about a stain.

Tomorrow's 5x5 includes:

Deposit for my ddad
Call to dr
Mt. Washmore
Change linens
to be announced

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:11 pm

Getting plastered at the colorist is why I gave up coloring my hair! (just kidding!)

OK, upstairs is dusted and vacuumed. The dishes are done up. Another load of laundry is done.

Dd isn't home yet and dh wants to go to bed. Hmmmmm. I was going to help her with more laundry. I guess that's out and I'll have to trust that she gets it done on her own.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Thu Dec 29, 2011 11:36 pm

:lol: :lol: with Harriet & Harmony :lol: & Kathryn, too!

I had to look up my post this morning to see what I was supposed to have been doing all day. Hmm ... I'm further behind than I realized. Kept busy with desk work and did some cleaning on the breaks when I'd been sitting too long.

Unfortunately, I also kept thinking of more tasks to add to the year-end reports list. :P

I didn't even step outside the house today. The plan for tomorrow morning is to s2s as soon as I get up, then run out to the truck stop for a peppermint hot chocolate on my way to the ATM and post office.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:44 am

Granny duty is over dgson was not here he went to the job site with his pa and then they went
to see the movie we recommended. #1dgd was not here until after lunch time she spent the night with a friend and was w/ her mom for lunch. #2 dgd was here for lunch and then we went for a walk and to the store baked cookies that she wanted to do for the ice cream sandwiches. Then took another walk. Dgd#3 showed up mid afternoon.

Return to “Post When You Can”