FINAL FRIDAY (of 2011!)

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: FINAL FRIDAY (of 2011!)

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:03 pm

Up from little nap - the temp here is 55 and dreary looking out so nap very comforting and cozy. I'm going to make some coffee to help me get going again.

Then I must get to work:
-clear kitchen counters
-reboot laundry
-clear kitchen table
-"hot" kitchen counter
-straighten family room
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:10 pm

OKay, have you noticed that portion sizes, as stated, are really small? Like 1/2 cup of green beans..that's not much. 1 egg, 1/2 cup milk; I try not to limit veggies but try to limit starches, sugars. Meat for me is 1 serving, DH will eat at least 2.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MR. TWINS AND KEN IN CAN.

I've been productive today.

LOL (whites) hanging up. 1 LOL folded. Did some more cleaning up in the refrigerator and freezer. I have a huge pot of turkey soup going now, and 2 carcasses are out of the freezer plus the meat. Veggie drawer is cleaned up of celery, cabbage, carrots.

I got taxes submitted, wrote couple checks and got them mailed. 1 qtr. report done, 1 still to do. Unempl. submitted, state & federal. Extend, extend, extend (benefits) this has been expensive for us little businesses. Next year our costs are going up too.

Going to finish last 2 reports.

Decided to leave Christmas decorations up as DD2 may be here with family Saturday for party at DSiL's sister's. If they have time we will see them here for overnight sleep. Now that I've eaten up all the food around here, I'll have to run to grocery!

atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:13 pm

happy birthday to ken in canada and mr twins!

lucylee i read the GWTDT and hated the description of scenes. i have no desire to see the movie

i bought a new to me car! by telephone but that is how I do things :lol: a 2010 hyundai accent, it looks perfect for what I want. same payments as i am paying now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Congrats on resolving the car and insurance situations, Aflyer!

Next round:
-email to work office mgr with CPE certificate
-clear away 10 pieces of paper in dh's "office"
-put away a basket of laundry
-make the bed
-put away assorted menorahs
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Congrats AF!!! I'm happy your insurance turned out favorable and you have wheels again!!

I went outside for just a moment.....an hour later I was still there. It is soooo beautiful that I don't want to be indoors. However, I kept wondering if I would get shot by a stray bullet so I came indoors. I guess several neighbors received guns for Christmas. Yesterday and today has been shooting on both sides of us. We are technically in the country but there are now so many new homes that we are starting to LOOK like a town.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 30, 2011 4:58 pm

OK, we back up to a state forest area and frequently hear guns echoing off the ridge behind us...really upsets my Macs with the sensitive ears. I struck gold in clearing up some of dh's papers - he pays bills, marks paid and leaves them in a chronological stack - I took stack back through Oct and filed by month.

I am heading upstairs with laundry to put away and will go ahead and s2s for temple while I'm up there.

atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Fri Dec 30, 2011 5:23 pm

thanks guys!

wow guns that close :shock: here we have laws about how close a gun can discharge close to a house.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 30, 2011 6:00 pm

Yeah, Aflyer, the area that I live in isn't known for strong gun laws.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:13 pm

PROGRESS re: Today's PODA:
[x] drug store for rx for dfil
[x] CVS for certain items they carry b/c I have coupon
* OOOHHH! Really did well there -- ended up w/20% off all dinlaws' purchases, plus total of $30 in gift card CVS $$ for me!
[x] ironing lady
[x] cleaners
[x] bank
[x] talked to dmom on phone
[x] talked to ds on phone... ddil safely on her way to spend weekend w/her parents, almost halfway there when ds called
[x] paid bill
[x] ate a slice of pizza b/c I was just about to drop over

[/] change sheets
[/] finish laundry
* Mattress pad washed/dried, blanket & quilt in dryer, sheets & underwear in washer, bedspread to go, plus misc clothing

[ ] visit dinlaws
[ ] reconcile checkbook
[ ] finish grading exams & posting grades
[ ] put away Christmas -- still thinking that will wait until maybe Sunday or Monday
[ ] download pictures from Christmas
[ ] email pictures to daunt

We sometimes hear gunshots, but not too often.

So glad you have a car again, Aflyer, and so glad the insurance people were agreeable w/everything!!!

Portion size is a big problem for me, too, Harmony. No pun intended. With meat & potatoes, I know I eat much more of a "man-sized" portion. I have a LOT of problems w/sweets, too, as you are all well aware. I've tried to quit even talking about it.

Indiana, I did not comment enough earlier re: your doctor visit, but definitely I would like to ditto all OKay said!!!
Phooey on bad doctors. Dmom's surgeon is one I'd like to kick in the shins, too. However, all her other doctors, and all ddad's doctors, have been very good so far.

Our weather here is very nice, too. Very mild. However, I think it is supposed to turn REALLY cold (for us, anyway, Kathryn would be ROFLOL!) next week when I go back to school. I donwanna go back to school. I wish I could have my mother write me a note... excusing me till maybe... March? ;) :lol:
Tomorrow is another day.

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Dec 30, 2011 7:32 pm

Harmony - I agree the portion size seems small, I about flipped out when I found out that ONE SLICE of bacon is a portion. However, it now almost seems normal to us. I play games with myself and cut the bacon into half so it seems as if we are having 2 pieces each......even though they are now about 4" long, my head thinks I'm having 2 pieces and I'm content :lol: :roll: Some things I've become used to but i still have to frequently grab a scale and measure anything that I'm not sure of. At noon today i used the scale to weigh 6 oz of pasta (2 oz is a serving) before cooking, then i divided it up between 3 plates before serving it.

I suspect the portions haven't became smaller, but our eyes have grow used to super size portion of everything. I remember my grandparents dishes were much smaller than the typical dishes are today. Especially the drinking glasses! It seems like theirs would hold about 6oz of liquid and it seemed perfectly normal then.

Twins - I'm excited about your new home and selecting everything to suit you! I hope your able to share some of your experiences as you go through the process.

We spent another hour outside (no guns being fired) and enjoyed every minute of it. On the down side......LO ruined one of his pair of jeans crawling around on the dirt (playing with dump trucks, bull dozer, etc) so tomorrow is a forced shopping trip to buy him some jeans. He was down to only 2 pair.....so that means he only has one pair of jeans now. Years ago i used to buy DSon jeans with knee pad build in. I need to find those again. If memory serves me....I think I got them at Sears. I guess I could put knee pads in his levi & wrangler jeans but that just seems weird somehow. hum....wonder why I think that.....it makes sense so why not do it?

Return to “Post When You Can”