New Years Eve

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
DeeClutter
Administrator

Re: New Years Eve

Postby DeeClutter » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:30 pm

We're just staying in -dgd is watching a movie, dd is looking up cruises, I'm cuop, dh is doing a collage puzzle that dd gave him for Christmas & dsil is out in the shed puttering. Have sparkling grape, cranberry or wild berry juice for toasting (early) tonight.

DD just talked to DS-R and discovered they're all at DS-A's house for a little while. DS-R has to go in to work overnight -especially with the freezing rain they've had up there. Missing everyone up there a lot right now.

DD found 4 gifts for dsil today -after she wondered if he'd opened a particular one. There's always something a day or more after Christmas. :lol:

I spent a lot of time searching for a water bottle cover/case/insulator -something like that. Not much like. Would like one to put bottles of water in when we're walking, etc, at Disney or whatever.

May you all be blessed in this year to come! So many of you are quite overdue!
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:01 pm

Good Evening all.... and Happy New Year!

Belated Birthday wishes to Twin's Dad and Ken in Canada!

Hoping that everyone who has been ill lately is feeling much better. I'm also glad that things have worked out well concerning cars for Kathryn and A Flyer! ((Harriet))!

Yesterday dfam#2 came to celebrate Christmas with us, all except dgd16 -- she had a date with her boyfriend to go to the movies. We'll see her on Sunday when they come for supper! I can understand that at her age she might be bored here; not much to do here at grandma and grandpa's house for a 16 year old!

We've spent a quiet day at home. Ds#1 worked his late shift today, 11 am to 8 pm, so no visit from his family. Did six lol this afternoon, folded and put away. Spent some time going over the bills for Jan. and wrote a few checks to pay what's due this coming week.

I am looking forward to a new year! It was a fairly good year (except for four hospital stays for dh) since we had dgd14 and dgs9 here for a month, our vacation in Virginia, lots of visits with our other dgkids. Everyone doing very well in school this year, especially two of our ddil, one earning her Associates Deg. in early childhood special education last week. She has two more years to go now.

We haven't gone out for New Year's Eve for many years. I think dh and I will play some cards or dominoes and snack on chips 'n dip. Maybe we can stay awake till midnight!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

cathyy

Postby cathyy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:42 pm

Harmony, Flylady's weekly house blessing isn't supposed to be a housecleaning. It's change the bed linens, vacuum, dust, and quick swish and swipe in the bathrooms. In conjunction with the zone plan used by both Flylady and P&P it works; you do the actual cleaning of the various rooms during your zone cleaning time. You can get by with just the weekly house blessing in an emergency time crunch, but not forever. You have to do your zone cleaning.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:50 pm

P and P wrote about a full or "heavy" cleaning day of up to 6 hours and a half or "moderate" cleaning day of up to 4 hours in the Basic Weekly Plan. They had estimated times for chores that pretty much added up that way - I remember doing some of the math. That did not include dailies. Dealing with clutter wasn't included either. I found SO much truth in the whole BWP.

Gosh, I'm getting so optimistic as I read today's topics and chats!!!

I've taken dd13 to bowling - an odd thing to do. Both mother and grandmother are with them. Police stopping people everywhere on the roads, though, just a funny feeling to the night. More family members will join them and after dd leaves they will have their lanes on until 1:00.

I've changed the pretty calendar in the living room. Printed out "January" in large type and "31" in smaller, and taped them onto an especially pretty calendar page from a 30-day month from another year. :) I've already planned Feb and March! I have 5 calendars from previous years that fit that holder perfectly, so I have choices of images I know I like, might as well use them. I just need the page to start on the right day, and voila!

I'm planning how I'll use my big-space utility calendar now.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:32 pm

DH and I haven't ever gone out at New Year's, I don't think. Hmmmm....the last time I remember going out was when DD was 8 or 9, and we went downtown to the First Night Festival. Today was really quite ordinary - I worked, DH played on his computer, DS worked. We had pizza for supper, the house is a mess....yep...pretty normal day.

DD was talking about having me babysit the grands for an hour tonight (it would be the first time they left DGD with anyone!), but they're running quite late getting back from DSinl's family Christmas, so they're heading straight home to get DGS into bed.

Work was VERY slow today..in fact, I had trouble staying awake several times this afternoon :oops: Ah well..I've got two days off to rest (although tomorrow we're doing yet another turkey dinner for DH), work one day, and then get five off!! :D This will give me a good start on some of the cleaning and organizing that is going to be one of my top priorities in 2012!

Cathyy is quite right about the Weekly Home Blessing. It's not at all meant to really "clean" things...just a quick swipe at the surfaces and vacuuming of the middles to give an overall appearance of acceptability. The deep cleaning stuff is done with the Zone work, and sometimes with Kelly's missions.

At the moment, I've been picking up a bunch of kittycat pads that the kittens spread all over under the dining room table. They need mending (the pads, not the kittens), but now I'll have to wash most of them first *sigh* First I need to go finish picking them up.............
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:14 am

Happy New Year Eastern Standard Time. We enjoyed watching Dick Clark. Lots of sillyness and tickertape. Night-night!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:43 am

Happy New Year!

Good time being had here. The mystery puzzle is 1/2 done, this year it is two puzzles (both mixed into one box.)

Not the Girlfriend is here too. Ds left work about 10 minutes early because nothing was happening at the hospital (the drunks won't be in until the night shift.)

I'm stuffed with too much food.

Lots of good conversation too.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:46 am

Happy New Year to everybody!

We had a pleasant evening, just the 2 of us. We watched a nice movie on tv, had some popcorn, then DH put a fire on in the firepit outside. We sat out there about 2 hours, then came in. Boy, the neighborhood was noisy. Fireworks all around and somebody had loud music and up the street must have been a humdinger of a party going on.

DD2 & family are on their way here from DSiL's family celebration. I'm pretty tired.

That home blessing, I still consider that cleaning, don't you? Vacuuming, mopping, swiping, that's cleaning, right? It's just that when I do that plus deep cleaning at the same time it's too much for me now. I am getting old ya know!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:13 am

Wishing Everyone a Happy New Year.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”