New Years Eve

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
atlanticflyer

Re: New Years Eve

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:37 pm

I hate science fair experiments, science is a mystery to me. :lol:

cathyy

Postby cathyy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 5:43 pm

Supply run for the storm successfully made. While at the store I could not resist the eggplant/zucchini, and knowing I had onions, mushrooms, bell pepper and canned diced tomatoes at home made ratatouille a no-brainer. I picked up some mixed Italian shredded cheese for it. It's fast and easy to make, and while all veggies have carbs, they don't have many carbs compared to other things. So I made the ratatouille and we had about a third of it for lunch. It reheats like a dream, so we'll have it for lunch tomorrow, too, and what is left after that I'll maybe freeze.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:08 pm

Yeah, Twins that is great that your twins want to have a bro/sis movie night. I would say that college life is making them appreciate each more and that is wonderful.

Thank you for the info, Harriet. Sorry about the extra errands. I was surprised that your dd13 goes back to school on Monday. Here the teachers have in service on the 4th and the students go back the 5th. They had 2 snow days to start the break so they ended up with a 16 day break.

We had our blizzard the 19th. Our area was the hardest hit and the temps just won't go up with all the snow cover. I was out breaking ice on the dip part of our driveway, hoping for some runoff. We have been under a high wind warning until 8 tonight. I was beginning to think they were wrong but it started while I was outside and is howling now.

Dove, I hope you and your dh feel better soon. I am so glad that you had such a wonderful Christmas.

cathyy, when we have a blizzard or snow coming in, everyone flocks to the store for bread, milk, eggs and toilet paper. Usually those items are gone first.

atlanticflyer, I was so relieved to see that the insurance did the right thing and you were able to replace your car. Your ds did an excellent job of handling the situation.

Nancy, I was thankful when I read that our Sears store isn't closing. Especially since we just bought 2 TVs and a washer/dryer set from them. We have extended warranties on everything but small TV.

Kathryn, what a relief to have the car escapade behind you.

Harmony, yesterday as I was packing I found 3 of my P & P books. I need to reread them and get with the program.

Indiana, I hope you are feeling better and have a restful New Years Eve.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:24 pm

Oh, you'll all be so proud. I just deleted a bunch of feeling sorry for myself and GOT OVER IT. Thanks so much for letting me tippy-type it to you and consider what you would all say. You're all so consistently reassuring (but with highest Just-Do-It standards, of course) that I can HEAR what you would say and you don't even need to read it to help me! :) Pity party, BGSolvent, Inspiration, Buckling down.

I'm kinda excited - got my cardfile out and am looking at some old daily schedules and BWPs to glean 2012 plans. Life is good.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Hmmm, wasn't that home blessing supposed to be an hour? It's been so long since I've read any of those books....perhaps that was FLady plan? So y'all don't think just under 3 hours is bad to clean a big house? I didn't change bed linens, though, just dusting, vacuuming, cleaning bathrooms and mopping all the floors.

(Harriet)

My year in review (good topic Nancy): Granddaughter born, step-grandson born, DH recovered from broken hip and got back to work, progress made outside fixing grass, other house rented out. Those are the biggies I can remember off the top of my head. Not a bad list!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 6:53 pm

happy New years everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

atlanticflyer

Postby atlanticflyer » Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:18 pm

you too blessed!

thanks lilac, my son did show alot of maturity and i am so glad the insurance company found the loophole, definetly a God moment

Harriet we are here for you through thick and thin

cathyy i have never had ratatouille

harmony you did good in three hours! home blessing is a flady concept

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:02 pm

Hi and Happy New Year's Eve to all the villagers.

I haven't CUOP but wanted to check in. We got back last night from visiting my Mom in Morro Bay, CA - which is about 300 miles south of us. Between the trip to LA and the trip to Mom's, we've driven 1,600 miles in one week. That's a lot of driving and time in the car! Very glad to be home and start the New Year in my own home, my bed, and my wonderful world. Thanks for being here - it's good to be back in the village.

Off to catch up on everyone's week.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:37 pm

I think it is Flylady who maintains that a house can be cleaned in an hour. My cleaning lady takes two hours and really doesn't scratch the surface. I know I do a better job on most things than she does, but OTOH on my own I wouldn't get it done a lot of weeks. I don't think P&P put a time on it - but in their BWP they do have a heavy cleaning day and a 1/2 heavy cleaning, so I don't think their intent is that it get done in an hour.

Year in review: another tax season, became temple president, dkids graduation, melanoma, dkids off to college, and this relaxing time before tax season. I suspect I'll be motivated to do the same kind of hours this coming tax season because I truly hate going to work this time of year when there's often nothing to do.

I took a late afternoon nap, but approached dh about blowing off the evening's festivities (i.e. going to two of the other ends of town for two different parties!) and he agreed that we could stay home! (I need to remember to be extra nice to that man! ;) ) Maybe if our expectations were to go to only one party I'd feel more like going, but it sure is nice to be able to stay home this evening.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:26 pm

Twins, enjoy your night in.

sherinjoy, welcome home.

Dh now thinks this is the flu. He has the body aches to go with the other symptoms. He is miserable and grouchy. We had our flu shots Sept. 29, which is the earliest I ever remember getting them. One year it was the first week of Dec. due to a shortage of vaccination.

Dd2 had them give dgd8+months a flu shot with her other vaccinations for a total of 4 shots. Yesterday she took the 3 older ones to the clinic they go to for flu shots. She told them they could go out for ice cream after. Dgs7 said he didn't want ice cream. Dgs6 did great and so did dgd15, but dgd7 cried and had to be held. Next week she will take dgd2 to her clinic for a flu shot. The kids go to different clinics so that exsonilaw won't think he is paying for the 2 little ones. I guess I should say that his wife won't think that.

I think I will sleep on the sofa. If the bed in the Raggedy Ann room wasn't piled down, I would sleep there. Whatever he has, I don't want or need it.

My main goal at this point for the new year is to get the other house ready to show and get it sold.

I think I will go pack tomorrow. Once it is all packed, I can start hauling. It's not like we don't have places to stack boxes in this house, I just had hoped to avoid that. But that plan was no longer working.

Today I was talking to dm and telling her that I knew I was going to need another garage sale and call it the junk I should have sold before I moved sale. She commented that I should be sure to sell anything the girls wouldn't want to mess with, at a later time. Then she said that she was thinking she should do that. I said "Please, I would appreciate that". She is always saying she doesn't want me to have to deal with it someday. After this move, neither do I.

Return to “Post When You Can”