Step-Up Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
cathyy

Step-Up Saturday

Postby cathyy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:02 am

Step up your day, and go that extra mile, or even that extra inch.

My day's plans are limited. I will be doing some laundry, some cooking, a bit of cleaning. Then I will step up and re-organize my master closet!

bittersweet

Re: Step-Up Saturday

Postby bittersweet » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:19 am

Today will start with the usual rounds of critter care, and then I'll step up and out the door to payroll. After work? Who knows? I haven't thought that far ahead yet! :lol: I'm not even sure what's for dinner yet.

Off I go....have to be out the door in half an hour! :shock:
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

helia

Postby helia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:48 am

Great title for today, cathyy! I sure need to step it up today since I didn't do much yesterday. I never go to the groc. store; I went to Trader Joes for items I can only get there, and by the time I was out, I didn't think I could get home in time to take one of the girls home - although, in the end, ds took her home. I also didn't eat very well last night. . . . :roll: I can relate, Harmony.

Lilac, I SO enjoyed reading your post last night. It made me smile to hear about your church's sweetheart dinner and your upcoming travel plans and especially dgbaby walking well before 10 months! Wow! That is an early walker! That made me reminisce how one of mine was walking everywhere at 10.5 months and another was walking everywhere just a few days shy of 11 months. Dd16 didn't walk until 12.5 months, but she was 5 weeks preemie. However, she is now the most naturally athletic of my kids even though she has refused to develop those abilities. (I think the intense gymnastics at a young age burned her out.) Anyhow, I hope dgbaby's mom is ready for her!! I bet she is adorable toddling around. :)

Need to step it up here now. I need to leave in 30 minutes to take dd13 to her haircut appt. Then, I hope to go to the groc. store. Dd16 has a friend coming over at 1, dd13 has a friend coming over for a sleepover at 5 - I think. Dh and I are going to his Dept.'s award dinner tonight. He actually gets an award this year. It is not a University award but a national organization award. He has finally become an IEEE (Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers) Fellow.

I forgot to shave my gorilla legs this a.m. so I'll need to do that before I dress tonight. . . .I also need to get in a jog and take care of ordering the pizzas and gathering/making the other items for the robotics lunch tomorrow.

Dh should be back from his trip around 3? this afternoon, but then he needs to prepare for an introduction of his colleague for the award he is receiving. I think dh gets the honors b/c he nominated him for whatever award it is. Probably true for whoever gets to introduce dh. --For what it's worth, dh does hold these awards, etc. somewhat lightly.

Have a great day all!!
Last edited by helia on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:49 am

Good Morning!

I was up late last night and then back up with LO after I went to bed. He is up and going strong this morning. How little ones can be sick during the night and then act if feeling fantastic when the sun is up keeps me wondering if I remembered the night before correctly. :shock: LO is coughing but otherwise is too busy pushing his trucks through the house to be bothered by anything physical. :roll:

Wonder what I will get into today? Step up, huh? HUmmmmmmmm

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:26 am

I've stepped up to work today also...first Saturday of our tax season.

I need to pick up my vacuum cleaner near the mall at some point today; also have two returns in that area that I should do. I'm also invited to go out to dinner at 5:30 with dh and his friends - he will go on to a basketball game with some of them and I have no further evening activities. I'm brimming over with my list of what I'd like to get done tomorrow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:23 pm

I'm in Johannesburg now. The flight was long, long, long, but the food was good, the rest excellent, the movies fun and the mode of transport the best there is from NA to SA.

Dh got knocked over by a luggage cart hitting his ankle (they weren't watching where they were going and walked into him from the side) so he's in the washroom of the lounge taking care of that right now. I have an extra zip lock so when he gets out, I'll put ice in the bag and ice it for a short while. He may miss out on dinner tonight (he didn't eat the third meal on the plane despite me warning him we had a short time here.)

It is not broken, nor is anything torn, just really sore. I gave him a tylenol while waiting at the baggage carrousel. I have a compression bandage if I can convince him to wear it (he doesn't think his foot will fit in his shoe with it on.)

I'm off to brush my teeth for the first time in goodness knows how long.

Edited to add: Done! That feels much better. Had a nice chat with a woman in the washroom who is on all my flights today. She was in there trying to feel human again, too!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:43 pm

Oh, I certainly hope there is no bruising because of the luggage cart hit!!!

Harmony, are you sore this morning? Hope there's no bruising for you, either.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:12 pm

After battling an lung lining infection for most of the week, I'm just hoping to get my footsteps picked up. I had great plans for today, but, my body has other plans. Did manage to get a shower. Today will be baby, baby steps. At least I finally slept well last night.

Okay...the image of Dgs made my mind flash to when my ds was that age. Those are some good memories. :D
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

helia

Postby helia » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Hmmm.... I forgot about the fact that winter arrived last night. We got a couple inches of snow and it is very cold right now. I should probably work on clearing the driveway before dd16's friend arrives - in 35 minutes. I'm thinking I may not get to the gym today after all, BUT if I shovel (I don't like the snow blower), that will count as a workout, especially for my upper body. I'm also pondering wearing black slacks to the dinner tonight since it is so cold outside and since I forgot to shave this morning. This dinner is fairly formal, but women do wear slacks to it. There's another University dinner dh gets invited to each year that is a little more formal.

I hope Ken's ankle will be OK. I'm excited for Kathryn and Ken being in S. Africa!!

I hope you get back to 100% soon, Cowinkie.

Hellooooo to everyone! I need to go so I'm sorry I can't greet all of you.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:32 pm

Ugh we have rain and it always makes me feel worse, I'm feeling rough today glad I did not over do it yesterday. My throat was scratachy last night. Not any better today and maybe evev
a bit worse. BS is up today no surprise there. Having coffee now. Dson said of fb his cold is back as well he was up in the night. I slept in today. I'm seriously considering going back to bed with my books!

K in C I love reading about your travels to bad about your hubby's ankle. Can he elevate it to prevent swelling at all?

When something works, study it. You can repeat excellence only if you understand how it happened the first time. Marcus Buckingham

Return to “Post When You Can”