Step-Up Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Step-Up Saturday

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:07 pm

Hope that Nancy and Cowinkie shake the respiratory ills and feel much better soon!

Today must be online purchase day here - I had lost ebay bidding on my ( and dd32's ) favorite The Firm exercise VHS from back in the day (circa 1997 - does this count as "vintage" in exercise videos? lol). It was in "good" condition, cheapy-cheap, with explanation that the cover was pretty much ruined. But that experience reminded me of the instructor's name. Lo and behold, I put the instructor's name in instead and came up with another in "very good" condition, perfect-looking cover pictured, for the same price, buy-it-now. Also have had a Kindle cover in my "cart" at Amazon for a few days, reluctant to purchase because of the price :? . When I looked at it again there was an "others bought" suggestion of a "package" with cover, usb cable, car charger, stylus and screen protector for half the price I was considering for a cover alone, and expedited shipping for 99 cents, and it was customer-rated nearly 5 stars.

Moral to me from Smokey Robinson : ♫ you better shop around.
And I'll take a cue from Nancy's quote and add : "and, repeat". ;)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:29 pm

Wow, that sounds like a deal, Harriet!

Ooooh, get well everybody: Ken with sore ankle (Yikes), Cowinkie and Nancy with infection and cold...

It's cooler here, but nice. I was feeling a bit "jostled around" from my fall last night. Looked for bruising, but couldn't see any, though it's directly in back and I might not have been able to see it. My lower back is sore, partly from scrunching over quilt rack so many hours, partly from the fall, though I didn't hit it. Leg calf muscles were cramping a bit and I thought moving them would help so we went for long bike ride and it did help. I must not have done any damage to my sit-upon or I wouldn't have been able to sit on the bicycle seat. I got extremely lucky and I was sure glad it was me who fell and not DH.

Scrubbed microwave. Usual dailies done. DH went to rental house, dryer broke and tenant helped pull it out and look, found a broken belt. Been feeding him appliance parts numbers but everybody is closed or not answering. So much for people scrambling for work these days. Anybody calls here day or night, we're here to talk to them!

I've been sewing, too, when I'm not doing anything else.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:12 pm

We are safe in Cape Town and getting ready for bed.

Here's a link to our hotel. http://www.capetowncity.co.za/ It looks like the pictures in real life (and there's a fountain in the courtyard.) There's a fridge in the kitchen for guests to put their own food in and he should us where all the plates, etc. are if we want to bring back a meal to the house to eat. Breakfast is included. Snacks are reasonably priced (a can of coke is $1.25.)

There's a locked gate and a very locked door to get into the place and it is on a quiet street about 5 blocks in from a commercial area. We have a balcony overlooking the street and while it is safe to have the door open, it is not safe to sleep with the door open. There is a window that we'll probably open since the cleaning solution they use is making me light headed.

We have unpacked the hanging clothes, laid out outfits that don't need ironing for tomorrow, made a mess of the room, washed my t-shirt and underwear, showered (to help not stink and to reduce jet lag due to dehydration) and I sent out a travelogue update to let the kids know we arrived safely.

Dh's ankle isn't bothering him any more. His other leg might (he fell funny) but we'll see in the morning. Hopefully the tylenol plus a hot shower tonight will avert that.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:52 pm

Winter is back. We had about an inch of snow this morning. Dhs SUV has 4 wheel drive, so I used it and made it to dd2 safely. I watched both of the little girls. Wow, dgbaby can walk really fast. After awhile I needed a break from chasing her so I put her in the playpen. Dgd2 and I were sitting on the sofa and when I looked over, she did her "come here" gesture with both hands. I left her in there awhile longer because she is on the go, nonstop. I told dd2 that she won't need to use her treadmill, that she will get enough exercise just chasing dgbaby. She was in such a hurry to run with the pack at home, that she just decided to walk.

Glad to hear Kathryn and dh are safe on the ground in Capetown. Hope dhs ankle continues to feel better.

Cowinkie and Nancy, hope you both feel fine soon.

Harmony, that was quite a fall last night.

Enjoy your dinner tonight Helia.

Great buys Harriet.

Hope LO continued to have boundless energy today, Okay.

Enjoy an evening to yourself, Twins.

Dh and I went to the movies this afternoon and seen "The Grey".

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:59 pm

I think I must be getting better am the cranky patient now! LOL! Weather is drippy outside here today. I cleaned up our dishes after lunch. Thinking about delving into a book. H. has the TV on upstairs however. :?: So will I send him to the cave-basement or claim it for myself that is the question! Time will tell.

H. just went to see dgson's game, and then to the RV show will bring home dinner with him. Big sigh TV is off and some peace and quiet now we were getting on each other's nerves today.

We've been watching a couple of big birds osprey or young eagles in the neighborhood so we got
out the binoculars next time they are roosting where we can see we'll try to get a better look.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

SuzLew

Postby SuzLew » Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:40 pm

Got the motorhome back yesterday from friends side yard . Need to pack it for trip! get food ready (I don't want to cook just rewarm!) and do laundry . MT we hope to be your way on night 15th or 16th leave for Parker the 17th! Hope you will be home?

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:02 pm

That's a very nice place to stay, Kathryn!

SuzLew, have fun getting ready for your trip - hope you two remember everything and are very efficient!

My ddad and I tried a mini-walk and were forced back in by the wind. Our trash cans are upturned and our mailbox was blown open but nothing got away. The whistling wind is amazing this evening. Henhouse chores this evening were hard - my hands were so cold when I got back inside.

cathyy, how does your closet look? I was amused when I thought of your title and the retro purchase I made today - step aerobics.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:05 pm

Thanks for the well wishes. I did manage to pick up my footprints but that's about all. Will mostlikely spend my time tomorrow on the couch unless the antibiotics really kick in. I haven run a fever in 20 years.
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 11, 2012 9:56 pm

Had chicken soup for dinner it was great.
Just learned that Witney H. is dead so shocking and sad only she was only 48.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:47 pm

Nancy, I saw that also, but neither DH or I could tell what she died from. Too young.

I'm glad the Canada Couple is safe tonight. Looks like a pretty place.

Lilac, if only we had the energy of our children & grandchildren. Mine wear me out!

DH wasn't able to fix their dryer. We'll have to look for the new belt Monday. He brought over a load of their laundry which they'd washed. I dried it for them and folded it all back into their basket. He came over later and picked it up.

Gonna feel good to stretch out tonight. I'm sore where I sit. Funny, it's worse now than this morning. Been sitting too much I guess.

Return to “Post When You Can”