Valentine's Day - Must Do Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Indiana

Re: Valentine's Day - Must Do Tuesday

Postby Indiana » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:14 pm

I have had a typical day.

Got ready for the day.

Walked Jake.

Fire alarm went off in our hall. I thought it was nothing as usual. Not so. My neighbor across the hall melted her pyrex tea kettle on the stove and the handle started smoking.

As different staff left they stopped to talk about the administrator leaving and the CNA's and nurses joining the union.
They weren't gossiping they were looking for input. They talk to me and a friend here because of our backgrounds and thoughts.

Everyone that came in or by my suite wanted to talk.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:13 pm

I took myself to the Mall to look around in a store. I still had a gift card I wanted to use and this seemed like the perfect day to treat myself. I managed to find a skirt to wear, didn't find a top yet though. That was fun.

Doing some clearing of files in the office this evening. Need to get all the 2011 out and the 2012 in. I keep 2 years in the office and another 8 in the garage storage. That leaves 10 years. So I will have to dig out 10 years back and shred. I do keep tax info, payroll, ledgers, stuff like that indefinitely.

Indiana, I'm glad there wasn't a big fire in your place. Scary! Does the alarm scare Jake?

DH is out at store... wonder if there are any valentines even left at this point :roll:

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Typical day here, too... no fire alarms, though! :D Yesterday, however, the city was testing the emergency sirens, and there must be one right outside the school. It went off and blared and blasted and screeched forever, it seemed like... and then about an hour later, they did it AGAIN. I didn't have an academic class during either episode, but oh my... it would definitely have been difficult to carry on class during that racket.

Very low key celebration around here. DH gave me a card & a heart-shaped box of Turtles candy; I gave him a card & a bag of conversation hearts. We had Chick-Fil-A for supper and then carried ds a to-go order of chicken stew from local bar-b-que restaurant. He and ddil are both sick w/cold-type symptoms. Ddil was eating chicken noodle soup. Ddil doesn't have to work tomorrow, so maybe she will be feeling better by then. DS doesn't have to do anything -- as far as I know -- until the weekend.

Waving to all... I guess I should go exercise if I'm going to keep eating like a maniac. I think Aunt Flo is on her way. That will be my excuse, anyway.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 pm

Shopped pharmacy 1 and then grocery on their cold concrete floors until my leg hurt, then got a pretty bad cramp in my foot just as I pulled out into traffic. I almost had to live with it all the way home - it eased within the last half-mile. I'm afraid that will just have to be it physically for the day, which means a little too long between exercising to make me happy. lucylee, today you will do better than me if you get any in!

I read a chapter of dd's Sherlock Holmes to her to break it up. That was fun, because I add a lot of drama! She fidgets, so by the end of the chapter she was inverted on the upholstered chair listening, hair hanging to the floor. The suspense grew, the candle in the story was blown out, and unbeknownst to her, Tobias started playing with her hair from under the chair. It spooked her and she was scrambling up when I added, "Look Out!" to the last words of the chapter and she went airborne. :lol: I'm so bad. She's not mad, though. I think she'll remember that chapter pretty well for the test.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:51 pm

Hi everyone. ♥♥Happy Valentine's Day♥♥

Tried several times today to sit here and cuop/post, but kept getting interrupted. Anyway we had a quiet day just puttering around with a few things, paid a few bills and I got a little more stitching done. Dh went to his dr. appt. alone, he let me sleep in. It was just a follow up visit to check blood pressure, etc.; she did send him for a blood test to make sure blood count was still ok. When he came home he had a heart shaped box of candy for me with no card. When he was in the hosp. I picked up a card but didn't get a chance to get him something to go with it! Of course I'll share the candy with him! :D

I got sidetracked reading Kathryn's post of today's events and looked up Namibia. It has an interesting history.

Lilac, Lifelock really works - good! Hope you can track down the appraiser.

((OKay)) !! Hang in there; take one day at a time!

MT, I looked up Palo Verde trees; it said some call them the desert willow. The yellow flowers are really pretty.

Harmony, I'm glad you found a new skirt. What color is it?

Harriet, I'll bet dd13 enjoyed her valentines. I had to LOL about her and Tobias!

Waving to Lucy, Twins'Mom, Indiana, Elizabeth, Helia, Nancy & All.....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Dove

Postby Dove » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:20 am

Peeking in from dh's laptop. Have been cuop while imitating Kathryn :) -- I've started reading online while walking on the treadmill in the morning! A big thank you to Kathryn for this idea that I have been thinking about for a long while. I didn't think I was coordinated enough to do it, but was desperate for some diversion from the endless commercials while trying to pass exercise time with the TV. Initially I was going to read, & bought a 36x10 shelf at L owes to lay across the handles & put magazines on. Within minutes my neck hurt from looking straight down, so in desperation :P I decided to at least try the laptop. I didn't like it blocking the control panel directly in front of me so I angled it on the left side of the board & use a mouse on the right side. It is working wonderfully! The time goes by so much faster! But there is no way I can type sideways while walking :) .

It has been so nice to get caught up on village happenings but my schedule has changed so that I haven't been online much after my morning reading. I think I'm up to the weekend now in PWYC. I'm way behind in cuop in Members & J&C -- I'm headed there next.

A few nights ago I turned on my computer & it makes a really loud noise & doesn't work. It's old so I think we may be replacing it. Fingers crossed that I can recover important files. We are looking at new ones tomorrow but I don't want to rush this decision.

Waving hello ~~~~~ to everyone! :D

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:24 am

Oh well... I don't think I'll get any exercise in... and I don't think I'll get any papers graded tonight. I'm pretty tired and if I stay up much later, I may eat my way through the entire kitchen. It MUST be Aunt Flo.
Tomorrow is another day.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:31 am

Finally talked to the appraisers wife today. They needed to know when the last time it was appraised and what it appraised for then. They needed to know that, why? Anyway supposedly it should be ready tomorrow.

When I was watching the little ones today at their house, dgd2 had a sippy cup with chocolate milk in it. She was putting it in a small diaper bag. I kept telling her not to because it might leak and make a mess. In a little bit she came to me with a drippy item from the diaper bag. So I had to empty it and clean it up. She kept saying "I'm sorry grandma, I love you grandma". I was trying to impress upon her that when someone tells her not to do something, she needs to listen because if they are telling her that it probably means that she will get hurt, mess something up or ruin something. I don't know if that made a lasting impression but I am going to continue my efforts. Also, we played cheerleader. I was her big sister and she was Emma, who is one of the other cheerleaders. She is always using her imagination, just like her mother always did. I don't remember any of the older grandkids doing that. I am thinking it was because they were all in daycare and were used to the group mentality scenario.

I had went to bed and couldn't get to sleep, but I better try it again.

Return to “Post When You Can”