Valentine's Day - Must Do Tuesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Valentine's Day - Must Do Tuesday

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:51 am

‎"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." -
Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Today's must do for me. I'm feeling disoriented by not getting anything done at work yesterday, not having access to my computer or email there, and not actually sitting down at my desk there during the day. Somehow I never got into work mode, and by the time I got home early it felt too much like a holiday.

So today is must do - catching up on a whole lot of things.

I'm sending dh to the shower - he's lollygagging around here this morning starting to get a "Man cold" he says. I need him done with the shower so I can get going!

Edited to add Valentine's greeting - I am in some kind of fog these days! At work, I am using a different computer - at least it has three monitors!
Last edited by Twins' Mom on Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Re: Must Do Tuesday

Postby Lilac » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:05 am

When dh talked to the L ifelock person yesterday he found out that someone had tried to open a D iscovery card in his name. They will keep an alert on our account to make sure nothing else is done. Since the acct is thru dhs workplace I can't call them. But dh put my email as a contact, plus I have his user name and password, so could handle it via the internet, if needed.

Found my phone instructions and set up a voicemail password. Listened to messages and the appraiser did not leave a message. I had called them Saturday and twice yesterday. They have not seen fit to return my call. Grrr................

Happy Valentines Day to each of you!

helia

Postby helia » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:26 am

Ds wanted to go on our date night last night rather than tonight, so we did that. Probably a good idea since I imagine most restaurants will be packed/reserved tonight. Dh and I also got the 2 bathrooms packed up last night, leaving our stuff for this morning out. How we are all going to fit into the kids bathroom -- I don't know! But this will be a good excuse to declutter and deep clean the kids bathroom.

I got up a little early this morning to prep Valentines Day cards for each family member here. Chocolate and cards have been set out. Ds and dd16 have already gotten theirs as they are already off to school.

Dd13 has an orthodontist appt. this morning. She will go to school late but will end up having a long day anyway, with synchronized swimming practice until 4 and then band rehearsal until 5. Shows and concerts are coming up soon! She asked me to cancel her oboe lesson today since she wasn't feeling too good last night so that is one less errand on my schedule for today. Her oboe teacher recommended her for some area youth orchestra that is in need of oboes. Dd13 is interested, so now I need to look into that. Rehearsals are 2 hours Monday evenings, apparently. She also has ceramics with dh for up to 3 hours Tuesday evenings - on top of her oboe lesson Tuesdays late afternoon. And then church youth group is 1.5 hours Wednesday evenings. Field hockey practices will enter her schedule in about a month too. . . .I guess she is OK with this. She is one of my busier kids. I imagine she will skip some things when hw crunch time comes. I may see if we can move her oboe lesson to open up Tuesdays a bit for her. . . .

Alright, I need to shower and get going. Dh thinks the workers will be here around 8:30. I want to take before and after photos so need to get the before ones taken before they get here.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Tue Feb 14, 2012 8:40 am

Looked on line and found a website for the appraiser. It listed his cell number, so I will be calling it today. I guess you can tell that I am getting steamed over this!

Dd2 has a hair appt today for highlights. It will be up to 3 hours. I will be watching the 2 little ones at their house. They finally have the stairway gate up, so that will help with dgb10mos. They are having family pictures done on Thurs. His parents are getting some big award. He is from a large family and they (whoever the award is from) want pictures of each childs family. Conferences are Thurs. and Friday. The boys' are scheduled for Thurs., so I'll be watching them then. Then I will be watching them for the ballgames on Saturday. Gee, now I know why I don't get much done. Oh well!

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:18 am

Good Morning!

I am fighting to get back on track. it is so easy to just keep ignoring and procrastinating instead of doing what I have previously decided to do with my time. I know I am going through some hard emotional issues (loss of loved ones) so i'm not beating myself up. I know the day will come when i can feel the fog of grieving lift and it will be nice to not have to start from scratch with established habits. Sooooo once again the SHE cards are there to help. One card at a time....

bbl

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:02 am

We had a wonderful evening last night attending a book signing by author, J. A. Jance. It was standing room only but we got there early and had a front row seat. She spoke for over an hour - and was just great. I had missed seeing her in Spokane last summer and was so glad she was here.

Today is our "Get our act together" as the next two days after that will be really full. So first up with be to clean up the kitchen and bedroom and then, if the weather holds, work outside on the cacti.

First up is breakfast and meds. TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

bittersweet

Re: Valentine's Day - Must Do Tuesday

Postby bittersweet » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:03 am

I would have loved to see J.A. Jance, MT!! I've read quite a few of her books from both the J.P. Beaumont series and the Joanna Brady series, and loved them all!

This is my late day at payroll, and day 4 of 4. After this, I have three days off (one of which will be over half taken up with granny duty), and need to plan out what I'm going to work on getting done. I need to get over to our neighbourhood farmers market this week to talk to the guy who does the cat climbing structures (Wednesday), breakfast meeting with the director of SFE (Thursday), granny duty (Thursday), and I want to get out to see dMum so that will probably happen Friday *sigh*. As usual...I don't get a day to just stay home :roll:

I've got two hours before I have to head out the door, so I'm going to get the critter care out of the way. Then there's dishes to do, laundry to put away, and possibly even putting the finishing touches on some kittycat pads.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:42 am

((OKay))

Great job getting front row seats, Emptynester.

Gave HRH his Queen Anne chocolate cherries this a.m. - the big box! (24) He was happy.

I was amazed to awaken to unwashed dishes and it took me a while to remember what had happened. Last evening when I was almost finished in the kitchen I heard HRH calling and went to take care of what he was asking. Sigh. Evidently, I never returned to the kitchen. :? Don't know how the light got turned off! So Morning Daily Card is a little late this morning, although I've already finished a load of laundry and a front-bathroom swish and swipe.

There is a prescription I'm supposed to pick up at pharmacy 1 today. Also my ddad is suddenly out of a couple things. It is Trash Day (has to be Tuesdays now because the men come at Oh-Dark-Thirty on Wednesday, so it's not really Wednesday for any normal person!). We only have recyclable pick-up every two weeks but I consider it recyclable day, too, and get things to the can, because I don't want to store it in the house.

Thanks so much for the kind words about my trip yesterday. Knowing I had you all to get to tell about it was part of my note-taking compulsion! I had to push myself out of my comfort zone to keep trying for those tickets, and then to nudge others into preparations with me. I'm so glad I pressed forward with it. We got photos together outside the lovely building in the sunshine afterward, and I think we were all really in a good mood. We picked up fast food on the way home and ate it here to include HRH and my ddad, and dcousin stayed a while enjoying conversation and playing with Tobias. It was a worthwhile, significant day, a good memory for my 2 little children :) .

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:15 pm

Happy Val. Day to all of you! Checking in not doing as good as I was yesterday morning sigh so will be not doing much this morning trying to take care of me. Dgd will be here this afternoon. Hoping to be ok for a couple of group things this weekend. H. took our trash can to the curb. Our son got tickets to a christian comedian for us this sun sigh not sure if I even want to go but it was good to be thought of. [I'm doing better now.]
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:47 pm

Good morning and happy valentines day to all. One of the few good things about being divorced is that the valentines pressure is off. I always hated that, it was so artificial. I finished all 200 empanadas on Friday! Saturday, DD, her friend, his dad, and I went to lunch, Zoom into Engineering at the Nuclear Museum, dinner, then my house for games. That was fun. Sunday I was supposed to take the empanadas and DD to Girl Scout Thinking Day, but did I go? No, I was sick instead, really sick for two days. Fortunately, XDH was able to take her, but I missed out. He said it was fun. Monday morning I did absolutely nothing, but by the afternoon I was able to take my car to Jiffy Lube and go to the grocery store and do a LOL. I was out of food and needed valentines and birthday cards for DDnearly10. I got her v day card into her mailbox last night.

This morning, I have been doing all the backed up items on my list: updated an address, called fedex about their delivery to my house of previous owners' stuff, printed an auto insurance card.

Tonight I needs to update Quicken again (that shows up a lot) and get things ready to visit DD9's school on Wednesday when she will become DD10.

For lunch, I am going to have something other than cereal!!! I ate nothing but cereal the entire time I was sick and I am ready to try something (anything) else!

ETA: Oh yeah, and I am going to do flowcharts at payroll.

Return to “Post When You Can”