Wednesday Your Choice

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
helia

Re: Wednesday Your Choice

Postby helia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:19 pm

Wow, that is a lot of babysitting, Lilac.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:45 pm

Home again. I think I'm not going back to work. I should. OTOH, spending hour (round trip) to go to work and be frustrated doesn't sound like a good plan.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Hello!

(((Twins))) (((Harriet))) for so many things... so sad for Orphan Cat... hope Macs is better soon... thinking of eldercare issues and work issues... you both have a LOT on your plates right now. * Definitely don't think you could have done anything to change situation w/ddad this afternoon, Harriet!

And Lilac... (((More Hugs)))... That IS a lot of babysitting. I'm sitting here wondering just how well I will handle it if we are called into duty that often.
Good luck with the house!

OKay, I just keep thinking SURELY at some point the judge will say, ENOUGH. NO MORE waiting in limbo for this family. Final judgment: LO belongs to OKay & dh forever and ever amen. * sheesh * (((BIG HUGS)))

Interesting re: WM greeters. I had no idea they were under such high pressure. That is ridiculous -- the elderly man's situation you mentioned, Sadie.

More I want to say but mind is fried. Long day... 90 minute faculty meeting after school... feeling guilty about neglecting dparents... weekend is packed FULL... the next THREE Saturdays, in fact, are packed full w/college basketball... dparents have ddad's chemo appts every day this week and don't get home until late, when they'd probably prefer to avoid guests anyway... what to do, what to do...
Tomorrow is another day.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:10 pm

I am off to eat at the church. Beef stew, not my fave, but better than moping about my house worrying about my job.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:50 pm

Earlier I had typed,

Stay home, Twins Mom. You'll be doubly efficient next time at work by giving yourself a break now.

So I hope she did - I was interrupted and found it still here.

DVetNeighbor came and gave Orphan Cat a lot of time. She was probably here 45 minutes in total, visiting a bit with the other 2 animals, too, and with us. Not as if things have been easy this evening, but it was the best situation we could all manage, each trying to be gentle with the others.

I put a little cyber-headstone into the post on Orphan Cat in our "Pet Show" thread.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:02 pm

((((Harriet and dfamily))))

As disappointed as I was over the appraisal, I just kept thinking what dh always says, "it's just money". He came home with very sobering news, his bosses wife has colon cancer. I was just sick over that. Sure puts the appraisal in perspective.

Dd2 was suppose to send dh a picture of the house. She had taken a bunch in the fall. Oh yeah, I will, she says. He's getting antsy. I keep thinking as much as I do for you and you can't send a dang picture. I finally called her again. They are out eating and she will when she gets home. Our ad has to be there before 10 am tomorrow to make Saturdays paper.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:14 am

((Lilac & dfamily)) dh's ((boss's dwife)).

((OKay, LO & dh)).

((DHarriet, dfamily & dOrphan Cat)). I'm sorry you had to lose dOrphan Cat. At least she was at home with her dfamily!

Thinking also of Elizabeth (job security); Twins' (frustrating day at work); and others with worry issues!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Return to “Post When You Can”