Wednesday Your Choice

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Wednesday Your Choice

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:20 pm

K in C Thanks for the info. when h. is up in the night here I do not always hear him either.

I'm up bs is down a bit today.
Dinner was ok last night but next time I'll order something different.
My foot was sore in the night, but seems better now so that's good.
I've just had coffee today and a throat cough drop.
Journaling is done.

Yesterday dgd & I mixed up some cookie dough she loves stiring things up.
We have rain in the forecast for the next 5 days or so.
Dgson said they had a good party at school. Dgd had a pencil in one of her cards that needed sharpend so we did that here so she could draw with it.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:28 pm

It has sort of been eventful here. My ddad decided to read a book this morning, and read 1 hour 45 minutes, 33 pages, very carefully with enjoyment, and marked his page afterward. However, as much of a "high" of cognitive ability as that may have been, we later went through a "low" that left me pretty discouraged. I don't know if the 2 were related, if perhaps I should have known to suggest a stop to the reading in half that time. Right in the midst of that worry, dVetNeighbor called about Orphan Cat's last appointment with her this evening. She will be here after work and explained to me her two-part procedure for euthanizing an animal, which keeps her in the home a little longer than we may have experienced before. I've got a call in to ds26 to see if he will help me afterward.

Have made the vitamin order. 2nd load of laundry is spinning.

(Elizabeth) It is a little better time for job hunting now than it was before. I hope you don't even have to find out, though.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:41 pm

Well I finally have the appraisal and I am disappointed in the figures. There is an "Sales Comparison Approach" figure which is a lot lower than I expected. That is where they compare it to 3 other houses. Then there is a "Cost Approach" figure. That figure is on the cost to build. It says the average buyer doesn't base his decision to buy on that, but the availability of properties. My feeling is we should go with that figure, mainly because none of the other houses have a garage like dhs. I'm not sure what he will want to do. All I know is that the lower the price ends up being, the less improvements we will be making until we have it paid off. They sent it via email to dhs home email address. He can access it from work. I need to call him and tell him it is there, otherwise he won't know until he gets home. On the other hand why should we both feel stressed over the decision, any sooner than we have to be.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:43 pm

((((Harriet and family))))

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:28 pm

Hello dear ladies,

Hugs to ((Harriet and family))

Another rainy day here. I worked so slowly during my time off, didn't get all my dailies done and didn't get to do many weeklies. This weather makes me achey and I found that moving slowly helps but resting helps too.

Finished Sense and Sensibility, and then watched that movie on Netflix.

The WM Greeters are going away from the door. On one hand I feel sorry for the people that are greeters as many of these are retired folk and I don't think they'll be able to handle the new responsibilities. They are going to use them as stockers. On the other hand, I'm glad to see the job go, it was looked upon as the most important job of the store. the doors had to be covered at all times and they would pull people from other activities such as stocking, cart pushing, cashier to stand at the door. I got out of covering it by getting a doctor's note saying I have a weak bladder and when I have to go I have to go and you couldn't leave the door without someone to relieve you. And it would take them awhile to find someone to relieve you. One dear older gentlemen has diabetes and restroom problems, he ended up having an accident before they could get someone there to relieve him. And just the thought of not being able to leave makes me anxious and have to go.

So come March 16th the most important job in the store will be no more.

Waving to all of you. I do check in as much as I can. Just don't always have the time or energy to post.

Have a wonderful day all!

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:27 pm

SUNSHINE!!! We have SUNSHINE!! And best of all - LO was able to play outdoors for over an hour without a coughing episode. YIPPPPEEEEEE!!!

((((Harriet and family))))

Feb court deadline has come and gone. They didn't answer the questions even after being order by judge to do it. This is the 5th time. Wonder what happens now? Waiting continues....

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:01 pm

Dd2 and dsil have a benefit auction that they attend every year. It is this weekend and they don't have a sitter. One of his sil always volunteers but she is same one that won't talk to them after they moved. Dd2 can't find anyone. Well she has a 15 year old that it wouldn't kill her to babysit. I haven't offered and only will if she can't force dgd15 to do it. I watched them 3 hours Sat. for the basketball game, 4+ hours yesterday for the hair appt, I have to watch them either late this afternoon or early Friday morning for dgd15 conference, tomorrow morning for the boys conferences and again Sat. morning for basketball. That's a lot of babysitting to end up watching them for an evening out, also.

In the meantime, I have accomplished nothing today. It seems like when I do get to stay home, I get upset about something and just can't make myself do a thing. Used to I did my best work to work off steam.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:20 pm

I am back from my walk the sun 8-) came out so that was nice. H. is on a jaunt to take care of some farm buisness. Dgd will be here in a while. Lunch is done for me. I baked up a few cookies of this new batch of dough before h. left for us to have today.

Saw an acquaintance from church on my walk we chatted a while she slipped and fell hurt her back when we had the snow a few weeks ago. She got me back into the loop with some things going on from the calendar so that was good. They are going to have a shower for the new kitchen in honor of the pastors wife's birthday at the church so I can get some pot holders and dish clothes ready for that. So I was glad I had that chat with her.

{{{Harriet}}} I would not think it was anything you did or did not do.
{{{Elizabeth}}}

helia

Postby helia » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:42 pm

((Harriet)) Thinking of you with the upcoming cat euthanasia. Also with ddad issues.

Got home from Hebrew at 3, barely missing a call from dd13 who needed a ride home since her hair was wet from her synchronized swimming show that afternoon. I drove to the school and found her waiting by her designated tree by the parking lot. I thought dd16 had her eye appt. at 4 today, but it is tomorrow at 4! Yeah! My late afternoon/early evening is a little crazy as it is. Dd13 and I have a meeting at the high school for incoming freshmen at 6, dd16 and dd13 need a ride to church youth group tonight 7 - 8:30, and dfriend is showing up here around 5:30 to eat with us, hang out with us, and to give us some remodeling input. . . . This friend needs to spend some time with other people. That is helpful to her. I wasn't sure how I was going to get dinner cooked with the eye appt. at 4 as well. I think dinner will be disjointed; I think dd13 and I will have to eat a little earlier to get out the door by 5:45.

I also need to go to Whole Foods to get some nice fruit and cheeses for a fruit and cheese plate I am bringing to the Valentines Day brunch for the moms at the moms group tomorrow.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:48 pm

((Elizabeth)) You've had a lot of change to deal with already this year, and it's hard.

((Harriet, Ddad and Orphan Cat))

I am home to ck on Macs, yelped at me again when rubbed and didn't meet me at the door, so have an vet appt in a little less than an hour. I may be over reacting, but I just don't know. It seems like something isn't right.

Work was pretty inefficient again today - OKay, whatever the problem was, our IT guy ended up backing up some things on my computer and wiping it and reinstalling software. He thinks he will be done tomorrow. :shock: Mid day, I went and talked to one of the tax partners who is on technology committee about the situation. Three days now. The IT guy is young and is going to the local university during the course of the day so he's not in the office anywhere near full time, and the other two IT guys aren't assigned to help us. :shock:

Anyway, I don't know whether I'll want to go back to work after the vet trip. Will play it by ear.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”