Friday Fulfillment

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Friday Fulfillment

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:54 pm

Use correct names/products/stores all you want here, helia. I omit a letter or abbreviate/nickname sometimes, just because of the idea our page might pop up in someone's search, but that is probably not going to happen, no matter how clear I was in my typing.

Between 2 sets of elders and one 3 year old I am barely treading water. barely.

((OKay)) Don't forget you have managed to help with the other grandchildren, too.

I know eldercare is why my ds26 is not asking for babysitting from me - my older children are my confidants regarding caregiving and sometimes help me in decision-making, but maybe I should have been lying boldfaced to ds for years and pretending I have nothing to do, no worries, if it would have meant I could be taking care of baby sometimes now. :( Most days it would work but there have been days... ....

TaDas from today and yesterday
Desk Day is accomplished.
Bathrooms weeklies for both done.

OKay, thanks for the input on the muffin - you may have mentioned it before and I forgot. Yes, it is basically a warm, brown bread, so does give you the feeling you had a bread meal ... ...well, you did... ... but you didn't! I bet almond flour would be good but I can't have it - not supposed to eat much almond (thyroid). I wonder if a fruit like bits of berries or apple bits could be added for more flavor, or would they ruin the baking. Hmmm... ...

Oh, coming back to ask, what "ground flaxseed" product did you use? I used "whole flax meal" by King Arthur brand and wonder if I should have looked for something else.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Good morning For those of you with toddlers, and young grand kids thought you would like to know that I found Franklin on cable here at 9:30 am ch. 40 Nick one down from Disney here.

So my idea today is I've found a VCR tape and trying to record it for dgd!}
:idea: She loves it but usually watched play house disney this is a nice change for her. She is always asking for Franklin videos they are age appropriate for her; dgson enjoys them as well.
Dgkids were her until after 8 last night but h. was here so they hung out together and did puzzles and watched a movie it was not so hard. After dinner I did clean up last night. dgson took home the rest of mac n cheese as we don't eat that. The one spare blanket has been returned for sleep over nights so that is good new.

I'm up have shower is next I'm trying to get in gear but taking it easy a bit as h. was not up yet. Writing done, letter to mom and journaling nice to see the sun and sit in it while I did that.

I do not really have much of a plan today it is errand day however and I have a list going so that helps.

For those doing elder care can you get a day off from elder care; to make time for granny duty is such a joy and a change of pace. [Just a thought.] I saw that they have places on TV, some times just a weekend off could help to regroup. We all need that from time to time.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:17 pm

Good morning! I made it to art class yesterday. That was my only accomplishment. I got home late and am now very tired. This weekend is booked I think. Tomorrow, I am going to a Free Store with the church mission team, then I have to leave that and go to DD10's birthday party. I have to remember to wrap her gifts! Sunday, I will transfer DD back to XDH at church, then I have cat adoption clinic. The holiday Monday, I will get my taxes done, hopefully meet a friend for lunch, and re-seal a bathtub. Right now I would like a nap. Tonight, I am going to a yarn shop to sew. I am hoping my friend will be there. Monday, I also plan on doing a bunch of cooking so I will have food to take to work.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:19 pm

s2s x did my hair too it looks so much better yea! I love good hair days don't you? :mrgreen:
Bs was way up today sigh seems I can't get it in a good range for more than one day in a row.
Breakfast is out of the way.
I'm ready to go h. decided that he had to shave and phone call after I told him I was ready.

I thought Jake was a terrier mix of some sort.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:45 pm

TaDa! The for sale by owner sign is in the yard! Dh took off early and washed the deck at the other house. I hauled my pile of stuff out of the garage.

Dd1 and dd2 met downtown at a burger/ice cream shop and talked. Dd2 had the little girls with her. Both dds agree that they can't control their teenage daughters relationship but they don't want theirs ruined because of them. This was a 10 day saga and the longest ever. Also it had been building since Christmas vacation. So I managed to stay out of it and more important, dm never had a clue.

I opened dhs F acebook page and up popped some of dd2 and her families pictures. The photographer had tagged her. They are so good. Their sitting only took an hour and the photographer told them that she had been concerned given the age of the kids and a family of 7 but she was really happy with how it went and knew she had some great pictures.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:20 pm

If you have a kindle have you heard about Project Gutenberg for free down loads?
http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Main_Page
Do you know of any sites like this?

A friend was telling me about it today. I walked with a diff. friend after doing errands. Gotta scoot h. has a video to watch & is waiting for me.

Get sox was on my list done! Yea.
Dgds will get pens for Easter, dgson a foam nuff type f.ball and I'm thinking of a word world DVD
for dgd #3 not sure yet.

Today remembered how I could make a bunny cake with rounds cut in half and set on end, frosted and then coconut added on it. http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/easter-bunny-cake/b8af0f55-67d5-4fb0-aaec-ab11ff5df7e3
Utube
http://www.howcast.com/videos/454741-How-to-Make-an-Easter-Bunny-Cake
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:28 pm

Good night all. I am going to a yarn shop tonight to do some crochet work. I hope my friend who told me about it is there. I would rather be with someone I know, but I can't get hold of her.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:08 pm

I was shocked by this depressing article and now feel suspicious of the "loyalty cards" I have from several grocery and pharmacy chains, as well as shopping at the store mentioned. It's icky when you think about it - that stores use databases to learn all about us.

Thinking of helia and dh today hearing the news that a Prince of the Netherlands was hurt in an avalanche.

I let the hens out to forage around a bit this afternoon but Sammie was very worried about it so she shepherded them right up after about 30 mins. Usually she's fine with it.

HRH fried chopped steak this evening in coconut oil and it's remarkably good that way.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:51 pm

Harriet I heard about that on TV and have only bought one thing in the last year at the one store we used to shop at all the time.
:idea:
We had fish sandwiches the clerk at the groc. store liked that idea and said she was going to try it for dinner as well. I told her how I make tarter sauce if we are out of it she appreciated the tips! This was better than what we had when dining out for Val. day. Watched "the rookie" [baseball movie] that we enjoy an older one but family friendly.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:43 am

Too late to reply to everyone, just wanted to say hi before turning in.

Harriet, I read that whole article, and found the comments posted after as scary as the article. I have one customer card, it's for a grocery chain here. They changed their reward system and we were supposed to sign up for the new card, but I didn't bother as I've changed the place I shop. Guess what, a few months later it comes in the mail. Big Brother watching us?

We had a bonfire tonight. DH just loves sitting out there, says it feels peaceful to him. I've only ever seen him relax like that one other place, out in the fishing boat we used to have. So I guess it's a good thing, and he wants to do it one night every week. I go out there and sit with him like any good wife should do.

Off to church this morning to help put a folder of information together. We did 450 folders, 4 of us, then we stuffed about the same number of envelopes with notices/invitations to a dinner they're having. It's fun, I get to catch up with a couple friends as I work.

In my spare time I've been sewing.

See ya tomorrow.

Return to “Post When You Can”