Sunday comfort

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Sunday comfort

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:18 am

Winter is the time for comfort, for good food and warmth, for the touch of a friendly hand and for a talk beside the fire: it is the time for home.
~Edith Sitwell

Today's a day for comfort - I'm planning a nice fire this afternoon as the rain comes down, and perhaps making up some soup for supper. What are your plans for a comforting day?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Sunday comfort

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:24 am

Whoopeee! I get to stay home today, except for perhaps a grocery run. I'm hoping that Lilac's open house turns out well today, and watching for an update on Indiana and Jake.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:28 am

Good morning, Twins Mom!

We are both exhibiting great minds today, for we were composing at the same time! ;) So I'm expecting great thinking out of the two of us today! :D I deleted my "sound appreciation Sunday". Today is the anniversary of the "cylinder record player", forerunner of the phonograph, patented by Thomas Edison in 1898. As I thought about it... amazing how the "capture of sounds" that his invention aided has enhanced our lives and helped us learn so much. Important "captures of sounds" I can think of in history include, "All we have to fear is fear itself", or "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." Or even the frantic commentator at the destruction of the Hindenburg. We're smarter because we can hear stuff again and contemplate it! Good ol' Edison. (And Bell)

Dd13 and I are getting ready for church, where I hope we will find comfort today. I've already handled indoor routine chores and my ddad has had his breakfast. HRH will stay home with him.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:33 am

It is a cool cloudy day, the perfect day to run the pellet stove during the open house. Hopefully the people attending will enjoy the "comfort" of the fire.

I put a roast in the crockpot, so that I have a plan for tonight.

Better get a shower so that I can go get balloons for the sign.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:09 pm

I need some comfort and glad I set aside down time early in the day as I'm snuffly and bs was way up when I got up. Had coffee black. Glad I got up earlier today than I normally do on a Sun. to take care of this cold. Hoping this finds every one else well at the village.

This morning I put away a tin for cookies that I got for 50c. at the thrift shop yesterday, I have a bigger one that is deeper that I've not used in eons so I'm thinking it might be time to de-clutter it. That was what I'd put muffins or cupcake in it when I used to bake don't do those any more.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:44 pm

working on documentation

jquandt88

Postby jquandt88 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Good morning everyone. I am "new" here. I used to be on the old board but stopped some time before it went away. I just got directed to this board and am looking forward to attacking my home along with the rest of you. I am a SHE bigtime and I need to get it together again.

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:29 pm

WELCOME jquandt88! This is a wonderful village to belong to!

jquandt88

Postby jquandt88 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:35 pm

Thank you Lilac. I'm looking forward to sharing experiences.

Bernice

Postby Bernice » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:33 pm

Hi
My name is Bernice, I have been with this board since 2009, I dont login nor do I post alot, I do thou read what is happening in the Village just about everyday.
I have a question for you ladies, when I rejoined in 2009 after losing this board and everything else to a computer crash I remember Joys and Concerns being a public board, where anyone can access it, now it is not on the index, I also am not able to find the Members Only Board, when I went to Members at the top of the screen it listed 8 pages of users most registered, but alot as "Members" what is the difference, and how does one become a member? I thought being approved to join the board one is a "member".
I am not trying to cause trouble, I am just curious, maybe you all discussed this in previous posts and I missed it. Thanks for reading this.
((Indianna)) Praying you are able to keep Jake.

Return to “Post When You Can”