Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:24 pm

How much easier than envisioning in their underwear those who make us nervous, lucylee, is envisioning them as children who used to raise their hands to ask us about going to the restroom. I have a feeling you will spend your day as cool as a cucumber. If not, ask the superintendent if he will recite the Shakespeare he memorized for your class. You'll feel much better when you see the look that momentarily crosses his face. Before you rescue him, of course.

Welcome to the hemisphere, Kathryn. So sorry to hear about your friend.

helia

Postby helia » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:34 pm

Very happy for the good report from Moses' surgery!!

Interesting discussions and points re: elderly people and how they talk about others. I can recognize those motivators, OK, being bored or not knowing what to say to keep a conversation going. Speaking negatively about someone else to make yourself feel better/superior/justified is not a good thing, but I'm not sure we can correctly identify this motive in others - just in ourselves. Thinking about these things in relation to my dmom. . . .but not sure it would be wise or helpful to share accompanying thoughts here. :) Actually, I don't really think of her as elderly anyway. She is just 72. When is one elderly?

Dinner has been delivered - but I forgot their demi-baguette!! Dinner here has been eaten. Now, I need to clean up the kitchen with the girls' help. Then, I'm going to take dd13 to Joann Fabricsfor supplies for a new project, a gift for dh, I think. We are planning to finally celebrate his bday this Friday, almost a month late.

Kally

Postby Kally » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:03 pm

Just wanted to say how happy I am about Moses' prognosis! WOOHOO!!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Great news about Moses, Twins. You must be so relieved.

Gossip is never good, is it? I've noticed though, that once someone has experienced something traumatic or unpleasant or unhappy in their life, they are triggered to react more strongly when the same issue arises. We just watched a Dr. P hil show that had DH shouting at the tv in response..... and had me feeling very irritated.

helia, your meal sounded very delicious!

Kathryn, I'm happy that you are having such a great cruise. Oooh, broken ribs are painful.

I've just been told our tenant has buried that big huge dog they lost in our backyard. :shock: We already had 3 cats buried there too. :(

Dinner was leftovers. I've been sewing. I brought in the laundry.

helia

Postby helia » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:16 pm

I've noticed though, that once someone has experienced something traumatic or unpleasant or unhappy in their life, they are triggered to react more strongly when the same issue arises.

SO very true, Harmony. I see this in myself and in others around me.

helia

Postby helia » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:41 pm

Kitchen finally cleaned up. Had some interruptions, but girls helped a lot.

Off to Joann's now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:01 pm

Did quick CUOP - I am home now. Moe will stay at the vet until tomorrow before closing so they can keep bad influences (i.e. Macs) from messing with him. Vet said tumor was "grapefruit" sized and squashed between rib cage and muscle. He will be sore and needs to be quiet for a few days. Was also a small tumor under an armpit that was likewise a fatty lipoma. I can't believe it because vet was very concerned (we saw her on Friday and she scheduled surgery for Monday) and she didn't hesitate to say it didn't look good.

So glad to see Bernice, Kally and jquandt88 post with us!

I am going to rest.

Harriet, was going to say also that I felt very bad about assuming Moe had a fatty tumor and not having it checked out until hs annual ck up. Goodness knows it was quite visible to the eye and to the touch. You may remember that our dneighbor's kitty that we shared had a fast growing tumor much like Orphan Cat - these things can grow so fast that by the time you realize the kitty doesn't feel well it's too late. Orphan Cat had a wonderful life w you and family.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:48 pm

Good Evening Everyone! I have finally finished cuop from over the weekend. Everyone's busy and lots happening in the Village I see!

Welcome to jquandt88, Bernice and Kally! Looking forward to seeing you post often.

Twins', it's nice to see your good news about Moe!

MT, I've been following your blog, also, and love to see your pictures as you travel. I'll bet you could take some of your favorite landscapes or sunset pictures and recreate them in paints for a wonderful wall display!

Saturday I called dson#1 to see if his family was coming for dinner. He said ddil asked if we would like to come there instead; so we did. Turned out to be her dneph's 20 birthday, so we got to see her dbro and dneph20 and dniece12, too. We enjoyed our visit with our dgkids.

Sunday dfam#2 came to us. We had a breakfast of pancakes, waffles, bacon and sausage biscuits with pepper gravy. We all enjoy b'fast for dinner once in a while. Afterward dgd10 wanted to play a game something different than dominoes, so I dug out our game of Sequence. We haven't played that for a while, but it was fun once we got into it. We also talked with ds#3 and he got to say hello to his dbro as well.

Thinking about Indiana and Jake!

Hope you soon have good news about your house Lilac.

Harmony, sorry to hear about your renter's ddog.

I did some desk work today, balancing ckbk, filing some papers, answered an email to dsis. Other than that, it was fairly quiet here today. I've decided that I need more exercise, so on the days we don't have to go out on errands, etc. I will walk on our treadmill. That's the plan, anyway --- we shall see if I actually do it!

DMinnie was acting like a puppy a little while ago, running through the house from the living room, dining room and down the hallway then back again. This was upsetting dBlondie, so I took Minnie outside to let her run off the excess energy. We played fetch with a stick for a few minutes and I was surprised that she could find it in the pitch dark, but she did! She is sleeping peacefully at my feet right now....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:53 pm

Welcome to Kally and any one I may have missed!
Went on a walk with dgson and we saw 4 deer. H. was out bird watching with him before we left.
Dgson finally did get all of his home work done before he went home yea!
It was a good day Granny duty is done.
Cupcakes were a hit and dgson took most of them home with him said he could use them for his lunch and was pleased he & his dad had one before they left as well.
Dinner is over.
I still need to mop but that's not going to happen today.

Tomorrow granny duty in the afternoon.
The next door neighbor said she is going to move and put her house on the market this spring.
There is another that said that as well.
H. said he is going to call the Realtor this week talk about a motivator to get it in gear and clean up a bit more around here! LOL!

I felt better as the day progressed here am SO glad about that!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:06 am

Well, I have accomplished a whole lot of NOTHING tonight. No bank statement reconciled. No hair colored. No exercise done. (Haven't quite given up on that one yet, but yeah... I probably have...)
Took a nap.
Read the paper.

I guess when one gets four hours' sleep... it's just hard to find any motivation for anything.

DH said I didn't need to color my hair. I do... but he's not noticing, so I guess it can wait another night or two.

I need to go to bed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”