Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
OKay

Monday PWYC

Postby OKay » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:53 am

Good Morning!

Just a quick title to get us started. How are you doing today?

Twins' Mom

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:23 am

Not great here....but trying to get my mind onto work. Just dropped Moses off at vet - his surgery isn't until around noon so won't hear anything 'til the afternoon. If you would say a little prayer for him? He is, after all, the best dog in the world.

Lots to do here at work - hoping that will keep my mind busy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:31 am

Okay, thanks for getting us started today.

The plant is ready to start up again after being down since Jan.10 for an outage. They will be doing testing, etc. so dh will be working long hours this week. He reminded me to fix meals that are easy to reheat.

Since dh will be working long hours I am hoping to get a lot done around here. I need to clean, as in mop, vaccum, dust and clean bathrooms. Then I need to work on one bedroom at a time. At some point during the move the bedrooms became dumping grounds. After the bedrooms are squared away, then I can start putting away the stuff that has been occupying the sunroom for a month and a half. When I finally get everything unpacked, I need to find a cleaning routine that works for this house. I want to get a handle on this house, so that when it warms up, I can work in the yard. It needs some TLC.

They don't have school here today but it is an inservice day. I wish if they were going to have a bank holiday off that it would be Veteran's Day.

It is suppose to be super windy today. I'm planning to buy groceries and run errands, so that I don't have to be out much this week. I haven't heard dd2 mention any appt. so babysitting will probably be at a minimum this week.

(((Twins)))

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:41 am

(((Twins)))

Well... I'm off. Amazingly, I awoke @ 6:29 a.m. (I had set my clock for 6:30!) Right now, I feel pretty good.

Hope you all have a great day! And Twins -- I hope you get some great news after Moses' surgery! Maybe they will be able to remove every bit of the tumor cleanly and assure Moses many more healthy years. (((BIG HUGS))) & prayers for all of you!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:50 am

Today is the 50th anniversary of John Glenn's orbit of the earth.

Twins' Mom, I hear you! Will pray for this VIP patient Moses, surgeon, and other pros around him.

Dd13 also has a day off today. HRH leaves shortly - in fact I think he's almost late but is caught up in tv news report.

jquandt88

Postby jquandt88 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:52 am

Good morning everybody. Hugs to you twins, will pray for Moses.

I have to get a lot done today because I didn't feel all that great yesterday and really got NOTHING done. I have a student coming today who really wants to see my birds but their cage is yucky so that needs to be done before 4. I have to photocopy a script for 3 people. collate and put in binders. I really NEED to get the kitchen finished, and laundry, laundry, laundry!

Those are my goals for today. wish me luck!

helia

Postby helia » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:19 am

Good morning! There is sunshine this morning! Yeah!

((Twins)) Will be sure to pray for Moses, the surgery, etc.

Thanks for the good wishes last night, lucylee. I feel about the same right now, but it is not terribly incapacitating. Some Advil and sudafed helped me get to sleep last night. Hope you have a good in service day at school.

Good morning jquandt88. Harriet, Lilac, OK, Twins.

It is 9:15. I have s2sed, cleaned up the kitchen - it wasn't finished last night, made my bed, did some emails, and had a mug of tea.

Monday is my grocery day, so I'll need to finish my menu plan and list and get that errand done. Also, I'm bringing a meal to the family that lost their new baby, so I need to get that made and out of the house by 3:30 pm. They live in a nearby village so I'm going to try to avoid rush hour traffic. I also need to work on some Hebrew, start prepping for my moms group teaching next week, work in dd16's room, and possibly work in the laundry room.

My projects for this week while dh is out of town and dkids are home for midwinter break:
1. moms group teaching for next week
2. laundry room
3. dd16's room

BBL with some progress to post.
Last edited by helia on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bernice

Postby Bernice » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 am

Good Morning Ladies
Thank you for all the warm welcome back yesterday. I hope to not be a lurker any more and post alot.
MT..I follow your blog and your gardens and new home look amazing, did you find any good items at the flea market?
Harriet..I have 3 Grandsons 7yrs, 3(almost 4) and a very active 19 month old. How old are yours?
Twins..Hope they get all the tumor and ((Moses)) is up and playing soon.Sending prayers.
I watch the two youngest Grands on a daily basis, so waiting for them to arrive.
We heard from our Dd in Fl, she and her Dhubby are coming for a brief 4 day visit St Patricks day weekend, so I need to get moving on the house, mainly the back bedroom where they will sleep, this will be his first extended visit here (they just celebrated one year of marriage) and I dont want him to think his Mother in Law
is a slob :lol:
I best get moving.
Be Back later, keep smiling :D
Bernice

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:23 am

We are now back in the Northern Hemisphere. Still in the Eastern Hemisphere, won't cross over the Prime Meridian until later today but we are at 0 degree, 22 minutes and 43 seconds East at this point so we are getting close!

Gorgeous, hot, day.

Lovely lunch with the lecturer from South Africa.

Off for a rest now (dh is having a massage.)

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:37 am

I slept well for the 2nd night in a row. Don't know if it is all the exercise I'm getting or some new vitamins I'm trying. Just hope it keeps up.

We are off to Park Beautification in a bit. I learn so much from these people who have worked in this climate.

Flea Market: It was more like an art fair. All part of Gold Rush days in Wickenburg. I picked up a quilted wall hanging for $32 and a wooden bowl turned from a burl. It is pretty and all kinds of grain in it. The hanging is a pair of wolves in grey with points of turquoise and then southwest colors in the bands. The reverse is black and white snow scenes.

The things I really wanted - big 3 X 4 ft paintings were going for $300 - 500. Ditto for the metal hangings. So I'll make do with the small quilt. I might get my paints out and try my hand at a big painting. I have some muslin and lots of acrylics. One painting I liked was lots of SW colors and metallic in the background and then almost line drawings (like would be painted on the cave walls) in the center. I think I could do something like that to fit my wall.

I might also take some of my sunrise or sunset pictures and have them printed, matted and all framed a like for a montage on one wall.

Time to hit the park. I think we are hoeing weeds today.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Return to “Post When You Can”