Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Monday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:22 pm

I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work , the more I have of it.
Thomas Jefferson President and philosopher
<- In honor of pres. day today.

trash is dumped
dishes are going
lunch is done

Home work progress dgson is on the last page of that now doing the happy puppy dance!
:idea: I'm showing him how I do word searches! :mrgreen:

Next up :arrow: cupcakes! got that :idea: idea :idea: from franklin when the gkiddos were watching it. ok it's a party! Dgd had fun helping to mix up the batter and putting it into the cupcake papers they are in the oven now they are pink ones strawberry flavored.

Saw a car with an owie in a parking lot and written by this owie was "Don't buy Farmer's Insurance we laughed when we saw that!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:25 pm, edited 5 times in total.

helia

Postby helia » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:28 pm

Menu plan finalized, groceries bought, everything put away.

Meal for friends: gingerbread cake made, glaze for the cake made, rice made, Indonesian peanut sauce made, chicken in sauce cooking down, asparagus cut and ready to steam - last thing to do. Demi-baguette and vanilla ice cream will round out the meal.

Need to glaze the cake, stir the chicken, steam the asparagus, continue cleaning up the mess in the kitchen I just made by cooking. . . And mapquest directions to dfriends' home.

The good thing is that this means dinner for dkids and me is mostly done as well. We are also partaking of the rice, chicken, and sauce; I made plenty. I will steam our asparagus separately so it will be fresh. We have our own demi-baguette and ice cream. No cake; dfriend S + dd13 got a Whole Foods cake last night so goodness knows we don't need another one tonight.

jquandt88

Postby jquandt88 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:32 pm

Thanks Harmony. Washing is on its way....little by little

Helia-you are really going now!

But I DID get the birdcage cleaned and am using the shopvac to clean out the storage room. hopefully there will be another neat room by the end of the day.
but first....food

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:34 pm

No time to CUOP here at work, but Moses is fine. Vet is 95% sure not cancer - was a very large fatty tumor between his nice muscle and his rib cage - vet said it was the size of a grapefruit and because it was compressed it didn't feel like the fatty tumor.

He'll stay there until tomorrow afternoon so he can rest quietly and won't have Macs trying to mess with him.

Thank you for your prayers - it's been a rough day for me.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

jquandt88

Postby jquandt88 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:40 pm

yay! for Moses!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Hurray, Moses! I'm proud of you for getting your pets to the vet on a regular basis, Twins' Mom. I have wondered what might have changed had a vet noticed Orphan Cat's tumor earlier, but DVetNeighbor says nothing would have changed so close to brain/eye. Do you think this may mean Moe will be more content with all of you and not yelp when touched? Maybe the pressure was hurting him? Oh, wait, that was Macs! Sigh. My brain... ... I do know the difference! :oops:

I've had an unsettling phone call from a dear elderly family member. She has become a terrible gossip recently - something that I didn't think was a problem at all until her 90s. At any rate, within the phone call too much was said (on her part) and clued me in that not only is there unwanted gossip and stretching-of-truth that I must hear about others when she is on the phone, our family is being gossiped about to others as well. I just find this so sad.

I know what part of the impetus for this is. Her husband suffered from early-onset Alzheimers back when most did not even know what it was, and it eventually caused his death much too young. I believe she felt her family was gossiped about, although I happen to know my parents never did that. Now that dementia due to age is happening to so many of her contemporaries, she is taking some satisfaction, I believe, in reporting a lot of embarrassing stories. I find this terribly distasteful, and I feel very sorry. It makes me not want to answer the phone when she is calling any more. :(

We should all embroider, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all" in such beautiful handwork with such expensive frame, that we will feel obliged to keep it prominently displayed always and never forget! I know I am helped by being able to rant or unburden or complain here without fear that I have hurt IRL friend/family reputations, and that here we all just think of how to help each other, or let others know we care, without learning anything scandalous about any individual.

jquandt88

Postby jquandt88 » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:30 pm

(((Harriet)))) That's about all I can say.

so glad Moses is well

back room (storage room) is clean! I never thought I'd see the day. Now for a shower and some food before students. I'll see you all tomorrow!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:35 pm

OOOOHHHH!!! Sooo glad to hear the good news from Moses!!! ((((Twins))))

((((Harriet))))

Pretty good day @ school... quiet... got grades done... straightened room pretty well... ready for all the hoopla tomorrow.
I think I told y'all -- we're having visitors from all over the county, including the central office, tomorrow, and they will be observing our classes, etc. * sheesh * Everyone is acting like the Queen of England is coming. I just can't get all that excited. I mean... the superintendent is a former student of mine, for Pete's sake! I think if I put on some kind of outrageous dog & pony show for him tomorrow, he'll catch on that this is all an act. :roll: I'm just going to do what I do, and try to do the best I can, and let the chips fall where they may. I figure if I get all worked up about it, they won't even come into my room. * sheesh *

We've already been to Wmart & drug store. DH is doing the elder care run right now. Guess I should call my parents.

I really need to color my hair tonight. My weekends are too busy to get it done. I also would prefer to go to bed before 2:00 a.m. tonight. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:45 pm

Another lovely day.

I got a photo-travelogue written and sent.

Our team one at Trivia (yay, 3 points to cash in for prizes at the end of the cruise!)

Dinner was lovely, with a particularly good table; the guest musician, a jazz clarinetist, the guest lecturer from South Africa, a Brit and a lovely lady from Switzerland. We got there about 7:15 and left at 10:05.

We have now crossed into the Western Hemisphere.

I also spent before dinner listening to my friend's church service. Dh stayed up in the Panorama Lounge, where the internet speed is faster, and recorded the whole hour on his computer and then transferred it to me. The sound came through crystal clear and it was lovely to hear a familiar voice from home.

We got word this morning that a dear friend from church at a bad fall and has broken several ribs. This happened before church as she was getting ready to go and someone from church went over and waited with the family for the ambulance. The musician's youngest son was also there at the time and was oblivious to the seriousness of the whole drama. He told his mother he thought Mrs. W was playing on the stairs, and “you know it isn't safe to do that.” She is back from the hospital now, recovering at home. Luckily, her daughter who is only a year or two younger than me, lives with them so will be a good help.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:07 pm

YEAH for Moses surgery report!!!

We have elderly in our family that talk too much about others business too. When they start talking negative about others, I quickly say something nice about that person & how I admire the person being discussed. The conversation turns positive 99% of the time. In most of my elderly family, they aren't gossipers but just a bit bored and don't have a topic to discuss. If I ask them about something in the past or how to do this....or that....then they seem to welcome a topic to discuss.

Return to “Post When You Can”