Shrove Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Shrove Tuesday PWYC

Postby Sunny » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:49 pm

Hi everyone.

We just came home a little while ago from an outing. Dh was bored and didn't want to sit in, so after a quick lunch we went to one of the malls and walked around for a little while.

I enjoyed reading B'sweet's link about Shrove Tuesday. It has me curious about Irish and German customs. Twins' link about "don't break the chain" had some really good ideas.

I haven't seen any robins here yet. Most years they stop here for a week or two in Feb., before this time.

I know I should concentrate on exercising more. I think I will make a commitment to add walking to my daily routine. It will be good discipline and probably help me lose the few pounds I picked up during this winter.

Happy Birthday to Sherinjoy's dson!

We're having pancakes for supper and they're almost ready; the ddogs want their supper too. Waving to everyone....see you later....
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:56 pm

I'm trying this via the kindle as I am too lazy to get up out of my chair.

I've trimmed 4 of the smaller agave today
My back is protesting big time. I also was stuck several times ---which really hurts.

I don't like this for typing. Too much of the machine trying to guess what I am saying

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:59 pm

EN I'm so intreagued by kindle but I still think I like books!

I just read an article about diabetic alert dogs very interesting they are drop outs from the deaf & blind dogs school. http://www.healthline.com/health/type-2-diabetes/true-stories-odetta

Got a coffee maker new for under $10 so I guess I"ll have to find some thing else to give up for lint thinking about this creamer maybe or cake!
Dgd picked out a beanie baby chicken today she does the best clucking sound LOL!
Dgd picked out rainbow surbert sp? ice cream in the cups this time. H. got his Rx filled when we were at the wmart store. They have subway too so we got the meal ball sub for dinner I wanted it the other night the comedy thingie was :idea: going on but we had zero time for that.

Easter gifts are bought yea!

H. said he wants to go camping for his birthday it's in late March so I need to clean the camper out he will go in April if the weather is not warm enough in March.

8-) Sun is out I"m going to go see if there are any birds around.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Interesting about robins. I'm quite sure I saw and heard robins here a couple weeks ago. Also, we have a lot of skunks out and about. I think they semi-hibernate, but we don't usually see so many out at the same time this time of year. We've been seeing them as road kill - and smelling them. Dfriends had 2 that were fighting in their gardens last week. . . .Ground hogs still seem to be snugly hibernating. Haven't seen any of them yet.

Oh, happy birthday to sherinjoys ds. I'm having a hard enough time with ds turning 18 in a month.

I'm having a super-lazy day. I'm not sure it feels good, though. I am perpetually behind and this doesn't help. I did succumb to a nap b/c I was so tired; I think this cold is wearing me down a bit so maybe taking it easy for a couple days is OK. Tomorrow, I'll be out and about with Hebrew class and then dfriend will be here at 3:30 to go for a long walk with me.

I'm done with my Hebrew. I did watch the final episode of Downton Abbey. I have enjoyed it tremendously, though I have found some inconsistencies with the characters. But they are often woven back into the story skillfully.

OK, off to finish heating up leftovers + prep some grapefruit. I've been eating a lot of citrus the last few days. It tastes good and I figure the vitamin C can't hurt my cold - and maybe will help. :)

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:02 pm

Waving to all!!!

Guess what! The Powers That Be -- or rather, The Powers That Observe -- did not even ENTER my room!!! Not for one tiny second. Talked to a couple of them in the hall; they found out my planning period was that period, and they never returned to our hall. They were gone before lunch, anyway.
I'm certainly glad I didn't waste time mopping the floor. * sheesh *
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:10 am

PROGRESS FOR ME!!!
I barely recognize myself tonight. Instead of falling asleep on the couch after supper, wrapped up in my blanket, I have
-- drum roll, please --
* walked away the pounds 19 minutes *
* washed & hung to dry two loads of clothes, w/third load in the washer now *
* found sock of dh's which had been missing for several days, since last laundry day *
* reconciled checkbook/statement * (This was a mixed blessing. I found a $100 error NOT in my favor :oops: )
* prepared school stuff for tomorrow *

I am going to do my bedtime routine now and get in bed as soon as this load is finished!
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:38 am

Just got lost in our archives. Well, not lost -- I knew exactly where I was headed. Do y'all realize that 2 years ago, I was one week away from THE VISIT??? Ddil & her parents made their very first trip to our hometown, and ds gave her the engagement ring that weekend.
Ohhh the panic I was feeling two years ago. Thank you ALL, again, for hanging in here with me!

To paraphrase the Apostle Paul, I do not claim to have reached the mark, but I press on...

Sooo amazed and sooo thankful for all God has done in bringing ddil into our lives. She & ds seem to be so perfectly matched for each other, and she even has a sort of calming effect on ME. This has been the most amazing thing that has ever happened in my life, I think... realizing there was room in my heart and my life to share ds... and I know when that little baby arrives, it is going to be unbelievable. If I love ddil, how will my heart ever hold all the love I'll feel for a grandchild? Rhetorical question -- I know my heart won't really burst, you know, but if everyone is telling the truth about grandchildren... well... this is going to be amazing to the millionth degree, right?

Tonight I have also spent some time online, looking at links ddil sent me -- baby bed set (bumper pads/diaper stacker/etc)... and the "perfect" Halloween costume for baby... LOL...
Yeah... this should be fun.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:40 am

Now I owe a SHEM, right?
Hmmm...

1. Early to bed & early to rise, makes a SHE healthy, wealthy, and wise.

2. Do as I say; not as I do. :P
Tomorrow is another day.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:32 am

I liked the don't break the chain suggestion.
I'm trying to get some of my more helpful things more consistant. and time spent developing better routines is always good. I need get more consitant w regular house duties. inc the dishes. again.

Recent progress.
Did put in car ins claim. Assessor tomorrow. I need get otd by 9.30 to get there and find the place.
rang local repairer today - quote still stands and repairs may take 3 days. They will cover "life of the car" guarentee though aren't an approved repairer for my ins co.
I'm getting back to daily writing. Well - day 2 for a start.
Its time for pets.

And a big welcome to the new folk. Great to have you here and out of lurkdom posting Kally Bernice Jq88
sry if I've missed anyone.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”