Shrove Tuesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Shrove Tuesday PWYC

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm giving up travel for Lent. I'm getting off the ship this minute and heading home.

Just Kidding!

I'll give you an update on Ghana when I get my head around all I've seen today. Back safe on board now and have just finished downloading from the camera the hundreds of photos we took. Next trip, we are bringing the second camera because sharing isn't working.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Oh ha ha :lol: Kally that is the funniest question I've ever been asked :lol: am I a morning person? I'd just as soon work all night and sleep all day, if that would be practical!

Nancy are you considering giving up coffee just for lent or for always? I've been trying to do that, but so far have managed to cut way back.

Went to the bank; cleaned up kitchen again, folded sheets washed from yesterday, did some more filing, put another load of sheets in to wash.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:15 pm

Harmony re: Coffee just for lent we only drink half cafe' here as it is and I cut back in the summer anyway.
Trash truck just went by.
Trash can is back at the house.
Got a great bs reading this morning yea for that and feeling better.
Write and mail letter to mom. x

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:14 pm

Took dh to take his walk and then went to his DB's to take some things over. DSisIL wasn't there so haven't seen her since maybe Thursday. Then DD called and wanted me to find a certain DVD to bring in to her when I take DH there this afternoon. Never told her we weren't at home. So now we are, found the DVD, had lunch and we're about ready to head out for DD's school. From there I plan to go to the grocery store to pick up some of this week's specials and something for dinner. Leaving dh to work with DD and students. After store I'm going to the north side of the city to pick up gd from school and then back 'home'.

Waiting for the mailman. Ordered a case for dh's K -fire some time ago and I thought it would be here by now. Be nice for him to have it while traveling this week. It's a 4-hour bus ride each way to Amelia Island for them. The 'States' have always been held in Orlando -nice and central, but they've changed it this year for some reason. Orlando was nice because it was less than an hour.

Imagine DSIL will go to temple on Saturday so that will gd and me for a better part of the day. But think I'll plan on being gone most of the day on Sunday. Have church in the morning anyway. Friday I'll go help with the church bulletin so that will take up a good part of the day. Need to make a W -a l m a r t run at some point.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Kally

Postby Kally » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Harmony, you fake being a morning person very well. :lol: :lol: :lol: Yes, I could work all night and sleep all day also. Too bad the real world doesn't work that way!

Got sidetracked talking to dbro on the phone about a family situation. Gotta love family dynamics!

My cat is trying to sit between me and the monitor. Better post this before I lose it.

helia

Postby helia » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:35 pm

I, for one, cannot work all night. I'd much rather get up early than stay up late. :)

Dh switched us to decaf only about 15 years ago. He drinks a tremendous amount of coffee each day and was finding the caffeine bothersome. I don't drink dh's coffee anymore b/c he makes it SO strong. I drink tea at home, but will drink coffee other places. I used to love coffee, even dh's strong coffee, but with each succeeding pregnancy, my taste for coffee decreased until after dd13, it all but dwindled away, and I switched permanently to tea at home. Did anyone else have that happen?

A.m. routine is done, towels are in the dryer - I think it just beeped. I'm working on Hebrew, almost done with my assignment.

The water in the house has been turned off, but we have some pitchers filled with water for drinking and a bucket in the bathroom to use to flush the toilet is needed.

Dd16 is not feeling well; I think she has what dd13 and I have. She has gone back to bed, so I guess I won't be working in her room today.

We got a little snow, which is nice for a change! And now it is raining. Yuck.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:36 pm

Cue Hallelujiah chorus LOUD!!! I have finished the flowchart from (or to?) Hades. It reached 41 pages with at least 26 cross references. It is UGLY. I ate lunch at my desk as a new austerity measure. I am trying to save money in case my job goes away. I will still eat out on Thursday lunch with my friends. I am annoyed with the hand lotion I used. My hands were so dry they hurt, but now they are gloopy.

OKay

Postby OKay » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:55 pm

~~~waving Hi to all~~~~

Our internet has been down since yesterday. We had some terrific winds that did some damage 2 towers away. Our ISP repair people have been calling me several times to try again getting online as they repaired the problem then did troubleshooting on the equipment on the other 2 towers between me and the problem. Once they got the equipment on my tower reset then I was back online. I've been productive even without the internet, although there are several cards that are waiting because they can only be completed with online access.

DPC up next

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:57 pm

Waving hi to everyone and thinking about Indiana today - big hugs!

It's official - I don't have a teenager anymore! My DSon turned 20 today - a young adult now. I took a picture of him at 12:27 pm, the time he was born 20 years ago today. Sniff, sniff, wiping a tear away. Only one more year to the big 21 - yikes. It's so strange to think that I met my husband when I was 21, and was married at 23. My son seems way too young for that!

I finished one set of taxes (ours) yesterday and took it in to our CPA. Just two more - in-laws estate and my Mom's. I want to get them done by Feb. 29, so I can move on to other projects that are actually fun for me (not that Twins doesn't have a fun job LOL).

Off to the adventures.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:36 pm

I have joined sherinjoy with a trip out on financial/estate stuff.

Gee, I never really thought of a photo at the 20-year birth moment!!! It actually sounds very meaningful. Happy Birthday, sherinjoy's ds!

I do get "second winds" into night-owl territory, by the clock, but I don't believe I am a natural night-owl. I love the mornings. When I get tired in the evenings but then get over it, I seem to have a second-wind energy that will carry me on, then, later than my intention. Somewhere in there is a bad idea, but I'm not sure where! Supposedly, if we get to sleep earlier, we "catch" the time of most natural melatonin production and benefit from that. I've heard between 10 and 12, but I'm sure it's different for everyone.

Return to “Post When You Can”