Ash Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Ash Wednesday PWYC

Postby Nancy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Laundry is done sheets are back on the bed dinner is done as well.
Trees are down and power outages have been in local news reports but we are good here. Just a small old piece of dead wood fell out of the tree in the front no damage no one was hurt.
But it is blowing and has been up to 57 mph in our area and 90 mph in some places not sure where that was. I knew it was blowing quite a bit as the board that creeks when it's 45 mph or better was sqeaking today. I did not walk but did the exercise bike this morning while listening for the wash to flip flop loads. Dusted swept and dgd helped had a pretty productive day here.
My bs was great this morning when I got up too glad my energy is returning now that I'm feeling better. I got another puppet done also.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:42 pm

Yes, it was a pretty day here, too - some wind but nothing like Nancy is describing. My ddad, dd13 and I went out with Sammie, dd on her bike. We stayed out a little longer than usual - maybe I should have counted that toward exercise.

Exercised almost an hour this evening.

Kathryn, I'm glad you are getting deep into some of the countries and have the feeling you are seeing the "real" places. As you say, with all the contrasts - that is what will make it memorable for you. It's wonderful you can get a glimpse at something similar to the charity you have supported. We always supported a hospital started in Pakistan by neighbors here. When the government/political climate changed there, everyone from outside the country was kicked out, doctors'/nurses' visas denied, so now we don't even know if it is still used as a hospital. Such a shame.

OKay, what dimensions will the new garden beds be? Will this be veggies, annuals or a mix? Gloves, gloves. Leather/suede would be best, IMO. After a while, you can get blisters from concrete block through cloth gloves.

Kally

Postby Kally » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:04 am

It was a beautiful day. Went for fasting lab & then to the grocery store. Spent all afternoon with DMother waiting for a phone call return. We had a good time visiting & she had a couple things for me to do for her. I had a late nap, but now I'm ready for bed. See you all tomorrow!

Return to “Post When You Can”