Ash Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Ash Wednesday PWYC

Postby bittersweet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:53 am

Well, Harriet..if the prime time for melatonin production is between 10pm and midnight, I'm afraid I rather missed out tonight. Seems I spent so much time napping during the day that I'm not tired *sigh*

I've spent some time CUOP...it's great to see some new members (and lurkers) posting! I've also watched several episodes of "Unforgettable", "CSI", and "House" so I could clean out the PVR memory a bit. My friend had it set to record several series that I enjoy, but they're all being taped from HD channels, and take up five times the space of regular channel recordings.

I've also put away a bunch of clean dishes, and finally finished sewing a pile of kittycat pads. Miss CallieAlleyFeralPants is napping on them as I type (quality control testing..LOL) The library stuff that was due back today hasn't been returned yet, so I need to get that done before they open in the morning (hmmmm...a middle of the night Timmie's might be nice), and stop at 7-11 or some such to pick up creamer for coffee...forgot to put that on DH's list this morning.

I think I'll head out and take care of those little things as soon as this episode of Rizzoli & Isles is over. When I get back, I'll get a few more things done......

- sew a couple more kittycat pads
- clean downstairs litter boxes
- wash another load of dishes
- put/throw away 10 things from computer desk
- do some more picking up in the living room
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twins' Mom

Re: Ash Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:47 am

Early start to the day, Bsweet! Up and about here - Moe is home and resting in the x-pen in the kitchen, just like the days when dMacs used it. I plan to come home mid afternoon to take him out for a potty break, and dh will be home by 8 p.m. as I have a meeting this evening.

Eeek! Temple board meeting tonight. Nothing going on on my part, trying to tread water for now but I hate to show up a meeting with nothin' to report. I need to do up an agenda today at work.

I'm going to read the paper and then get ready for work. Still getting there early, I'd like to get there even earlier on days like this when I have to leave mid-day and then at 5 p.m.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:29 am

It's not exactly an early start, Twins...more like a continuation of yesterday. I still haven't slept!! :shock: While I'm a bit tired, I'm not tired enough to go to bed yet. I don't want to end up sleeping the whole day away, though...so I'm going to have to figure out a way of staying up, or not sleeping too much during the day. I won't be going in to work...still stuffed up like nobody's business *sigh*

I think I'll try to get another round done here....

- 15 minutes cleaning in the entry
- sew last 3 kittycat pads
- finish dishes
- still MORE picking up in the living room
- take meds
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:33 am

Good Morning!

I am soooo very thankful for LO feeling better. Yesterday we went outside and played twice with no coughing episodes. However he played so hard that he had leg cramps during the night. I massaged his leg until they went away and he fell back asleep almost instantly.

I enjoyed LucyLee post last night about how wonderful her DDIL is. :) And the memories of that time leading up to the wedding. It's nice to look back and see how far we have come.

Last year about this time, we were in the hospital with VERY sick DGD. Now she is the picture of health and about to start walking.

I went through a really rough emotional time over the past couple of months but seem to be coming out of it. I am now waking up at my normal time now and have a little energy. I feel like I have scratched and clawed my way out of that dark hole and don't want to go back there. (not sure that makes sense to anyone)

Earlier this week i bought $262 of groceries. i didn't realize how long it would take to incorporate everything into my food inventory/menu plan. I have been working on it in bits and pieces as time allows and it is coming together nicely.

helia

Postby helia » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:18 am

Yes, lucylee's post last night was really heartwarminig and encouraging!

I really didn't do much yesterday. I feel guilty about that - there are tons of things I need to be doing. In contrast, my time today is pretty much scheduled out for me:
10 - dd13 has a quick orthodontist appt. to replace a hook that fell out last week
10:30 - I like to leave for class to find a parking spot
11:30 - 2:30 class
3:30 - dfriend will be here to walk with me
5:30 - another dfriend will be here for dinner and to hang out; this is a friend who is struggling a little w/ depression etc. and she finds being with our family helpful. She will also be here for our Thursday dinner tomorrow night. This is OK; I'll pray for strength to be helpful to her. She can be very intense in her conversations, and I may just want to veg tonight. Last week, she also went out to dinner with our family on Friday. I think 3 evenings/week is too much on a regular basis when our family struggles to find time together as a family, but we're not there right now.
7 - 8:30 kids have youth group. If ds is going, he can drive. Otherwise, I'll drive the girls.

SO. . .I'm off to s2s before the workers arrive.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am

Bsweet, I think I ALWAYS miss that prime melatonin period. * sigh * Wonder if I should try taking melatonin supplement?

Waving to OKay & Twins... hope you both have a good day! Sooo glad LO is getting better! What you said about coming out of dark hole, OKay -- that makes perfect sense, and it is very natural I think, to feel that way. I'm just glad you are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel now. (((BIG HUGS)))

Hope you feel better soon, Bsweet!

Must go. See y'all this afternoon!

Oh -- there's helia! Good morning, helia!

I'm glad y'all enjoyed my post last night -- I just felt I had to share some praise & thanksgiving, since I share sooo much panic so much of the time! ;)

Still thinking so much of (((Indiana & Jake))) and wishing/praying there could be a better option for them.
Phooey on hysterical neighbors. :evil: :evil: :evil:
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:27 am

Good morning!

(OKay) so glad you are coming out the other side of all that sadness. I do understand your post.
bittersweet, wow no sleep, good luck today!
Twins, here's hoping Macs settles peacefully in the kitchen and heals quickly.
helia, you should give yourself permission to go slow as you get better from recent illness.
Lucylee, I enjoyed reading your post last night too and I'm very happy for how all that turned out.

Most desk chores done.
Tire register card filled out, DH had to help find number on the tire.
Edited my minutes and printed out. Will give a copy to friend who is our leader and is coming to work on our ministry this afternoon.

I guess that's it so far. Next: sweep leaves off porch; run sweeper in house as leaves blew in everywhere. Mop kitchen floor.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:01 am

Good morning all.

I am up and S2BF and waiting for DH to get up. We will take the branches and some cacti to the transfer station today.

I forgot to tell you all about the bird yesterday. I had both doors open to let air and sunshine in the house. I was resting in my big chair when I heard a chirp. A thrush like bird was walking around in my kitchen - I guess looking for a nesting spot. S/he shooed out easily as when I spoke s/he just turned around and walked out. It was really neat.

Time to go get some breakfast and meds.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

OKay

Postby OKay » Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:03 am

9:00 cI -
** Hair washed (takes several hours to dry), S2B
** Bible, prayer and memoriztion time done
** MPB daily gross processed and spreadsheets updated
** Breakfast cooked/served/eaten together. Dishes soaking in hot soapy water
** PODA made/sync with DH
** Beans in pressure cooker - will be done in about 15 minutes
** Italian Casserole made and will come out of the oven in about 20 minutes. (Will be lunch today...plus 6 other servings will be put in the freezer for later)
** Lo dressed and his AM cards done. He is VERY excited because today is going to be in mid 70's and sunshine. We are going to PLAY today!!

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:00 pm

Believe it or not, I'm still up! I've finished the dishes, and the entry is looking a lot better (but not completely done). One thing I discovered is that I need to stay up long enough to buy a new charger for my phone...it seems one of my charming furbrats chewed through the cord *sigh*

And I just got distracted upstairs putting away things, gathering dirty laundry...just putzing to kill time trying to stay awake till the mall opens so I can get a charger. As soon as I'm finished this cup of coffee, I'll go up and get started on the bathroom...then in about half an hour I can head out again. I'm really going to have to fit a nap in my day somewhere.. LOL

Return to “Post When You Can”