Friday Conga PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Friday Conga PWYC

Postby Harriet » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:14 pm

Have a good time Elizabeth.

You can do it, OKay!

Kathryn, I heard a brief report of political violence preceding Sunday's elections in Senegal and I believe your cruise line made the right decision in diverting you to a different port. They must err on the side of caution.

I'm sitting on brief break in the middle of my exercise this evening.

Dove, I'm happy for you on continued treadmill success.

Dd13's math test was moved to Monday because of teacher's absence, so the suspense continues there. But her personal computer AR test on Sir Authur Conan Doyle's The Hound of the Baskervilles went very well. A relief since she wouldn't want to miss credit for something that took so long to read. 20 questions and she got 100 percent. Even so, she is at the half-way point of the quarter and she still hasn't met half her goal. This was a difficult read but it certainly gave her great experience in multi-syllable, rarely-used words (1902), which should serve her well. And the difficulty made the computer happy! :roll: Now she'll need to drop back to something a little lighter, I think, because she should have a rest.

Time for me to "just press play" again!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:32 pm

hugs all
Prayers Mr MT heals quickly .
OKay - please take care. Your body might need catch up after all those nights of disturbed sleep and still busy days.
Hugs to the Harriets.
Kathryn - always good to read your news of trip.

Yesterday I did get 15 min vacuuming done. I want to see if I can do some floor daily. Maybe to use steam mop today in bathroomT. Bathroom got a vac yesterday. So my hair is picked up off the floor. :roll:

I did go to pilates again yesterday. Too much back and ab work in my opinion - even with me adjusting exercizes somewhat. back & diapham & even up behind ears top of neck feels strained and sore rather than just stiff & achey like last week. I might see if I can get to the pool today and see if I can relax things to where they should be. Maybe I need try the pilatesyoga combo class in lieu of straight pilates. Or really pace myself at pilates class.

Last night there was a long storm - lots of rain, and - though may not related - my stove top does not seem to work. At one stage there was a bang like explosion (not really like thunder) and light - I thought coming from back door but maybe it was the Kitchen opposite. I still need check everything today. My usual element is not working at least.
The storm had been labled dangerous and lasted well into the night. I am still to hear if there was local flooding. That would be likely. Lots of flooding up and down in my town this year. I need visit my back corner again too. see that dislodged fence, and get some more flood debris off the wire fence. I'll need lashings of mozzie repellant.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Trying to cuop but feeling far, far behind. I think dh & I are going to see Act of Valortonight.

I am kicking myself and grumbling and feeling so bad b/c ddil will be disappointed. I told her we'd buy the baby bedding set, and she sent me and e0mail for a set T*rget had on sale for $35!!! Six pieces for $35. She sent the e-mail link Tuesday. Well... I e-mailed back, & asked her if she was sure, b/c I was afraid she was settling on this b/c it was sooo cheap. I told her if she wanted to look around some more, we certainly could go over $35 for six pieces.
WELL... she answered my e-mail today... and said yes, go ahead & get this...
And now it is out of stock. Apparently it is exclusive to T*rget, too, b/c I've checked ebay & overstock.com, etc...
* sheesh *
I wrote back & told her dh said if she saw something she wanted, to get it ASAP & we'd pay for it.
* sheesh *

And why haven't we been communicating face-to-face or by phone, you might ask -- well, she's been working the past three nights, and of course, I've been working the past three days.
* sigh *
Tomorrow is another day.

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:33 pm

Alrighty! Energy renewed enough to get a few things done.
** Kitchen is clean and ready for tomorrow.
** Laundry twins are busy with final loads of the day.
** A few extra pieces of paper was processed beyond my goal
** worked with LO to color, draw, trace, etc on 6 papers
** Gave LO a bath including washing his hair. He is in PJ's and playing until bedtime.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:34 am

I hope Mr. MT's back heals quickly. I'm glad he didn't break any bones. That's the sort of activity that would do harm to me, too, bending and lifting something heavy. We tend to forget we can't do what we used to.

Today was pretty stressful. I started out to go shopping and had to go back to look for something for DH, ended up going to parts place and driving it out to him, a long drive, and it was the wrong thing. So he went up the street about a mile and bought it at h d (which he should have done in the first place). I had to start all over with my shopping.

I've decided I don't want to do any more unnecessary shopping, it uses up too much time. I did get 2 out of the 3 things I needed and some groceries. Raced home to make my casserole for tonight's dinner with friends, jumped into shower... we enjoyed out dinner with 3 other couples but I'm very tired now.

Cleaned out email box, holding my breath that I didn't need to take a meal somewhere when I read my messages...and thankfully others had volunteered so, not this time. 3 things coming up with church ..... no 4..... and a couple not scheduled yet. I'm going to turn in. Worn out!

Oh, Harriet, DH uses the closed caption all the time on the tv. That way he can keep the sound low and hear me if I say something and just read the captions. With his ears he can't hear both. Would that help your DDad?

Return to “Post When You Can”