Friday Conga PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kally

Re: Friday Conga PWYC

Postby Kally » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:15 pm

Good morning ladies! Don't think I posted yesterday, all I wanted to do was sleep. Today I feel much better & it's time to Conga!!!

Booksaver, I can't believe you had to go to the doctor's office to hear your test results! I had bloodwork for cholesterol monitoring on Wed., & the office called yesterday to give me the results. Results were not as good as three months ago & I got the lecture about exercise & diet (yes, I know all that). It took about 5 minutes, I would have been very unhappy if they had wanted me to go into the office, which is about 30 min. away. Wow, I'm sorry you had to do that!

Nancy, glad your bs is ok today. Do you have something fun planned for today, since you did your Conga yesterday? :)

Harriet, my DMother has wireless headphones for her TV. She finds them to be heavy, somewhat cumbersome & they mess up her hair. :lol: She does use them though & says they really help her to hear the TV better. Good luck to your DD13 with her tests today. I'm sure she will do fine.

Lilac, good luck with your cleaning. I'm going to join you, she said optimistically.

((Mr. MT)) Yikes!!! That sounds painful.

Helia, the "darn interesting and gracious" ladies on this board are why I decided to stop lurking and start posting. (I'm including you in this group)

Bittersweet, I admire you so much for fostering kittens. I know it is a lot of work, but so rewarding. Bless you, from one cat lover to another! Hope the weather doesn't slow you down too much.

Twins' Mom, I worked for an accountant/tax preparer through two tax seasons, so I understand a little bit about the workload and stress of tax season. I was the low person on the totem pole, mainly a "gofer", but witnessed the pressure that the office experienced. Be gentle with yourself. :)

Off to conga! Well, sort laundry anyway...... :roll:

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:20 pm

Yes Kally Thanks for asking today is Hot Date day!
Dining out with h. later on.
ATM I'm trying to catch up on my writing day stuff that got skipped in my groups.
Did some web. stuff.

Breakfast is done.
Time for my journaling and QT sigh got off the wagon with that while I was ill earlier in the month.
But happy my energy has returned enough to even care about the floors! yea for that!

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:04 pm

Drove the 11 miles one way to pick up prescriptions. TADA - he took them!!! And as of about 1/2 hour ago, grudgingly admitted that they helped.

I'm off to work outside. "I" will take a jack to get the trailer tongue back up on its block AND will block the wheels so it doesn't happen again. DUH!!!

TTFN
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:19 pm

Another sea day here. Finished my second book. Since I only brought three from home and want to save one for the flights back, I've started in on library books. First one I've picked in The Third Jesus by Deepak Chopra. Worth reading if only for the conversations it is starting with other passengers!

Still calm although there are slight swells now. Can see them out our window but don't really feel them.

Our team came in third for trivia (worth one more cruise point towards swag) and we listened to a great lecture this morning. Dh did the galley tour while I was at trivia. And we toured the big suites this morning. Had a nice chat with the Captain on the pool deck today.

So, all around, an excellent day. We are awaiting word as to where and when we'll be having dinner with a lovely older couple who came up to us at tea. We chatted a few minutes and they invited us out.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:33 pm

Good morning! Today is dragging on. I did not get to sleep very early (though I was in bed). Thursdays are so packed I don't get anything done around the house except basic animal care. I did figure out a check amount that I had forgotten to record. Tonight I have to remember to pick up DD10 so we can see Damn Yankees. I'd really like to go home and go to bed though. I brought my lunch again today. Boring.

bittersweet: I wish I had kitten fosters. My two are pushing 12 and are not exactly prime adoption material. Especially the one with only 3 legs. They are sweet cats though. Which is good because they may be in my house a really REALLY long time.

Kally

Postby Kally » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Nancy, have fun on your "Hot Date"! :lol:

MT, be careful with that jack & trailer tongue! I'm enjoying reading about your yard clean-up. So different from the yards in my area.

Kathryn, I enjoy reading about your travels. You visit places I can only dream about.

Elizabeth, fostering older kitties is important, especially handicapped ones. I only have two cats now, they are almost 14 years old. Maybe I'll look into fostering.

Lunch has been ingested & Colby (large Siamese/Maine Coon mix cat) is trying to use the keyboard for a pillow. I can take a hint! :roll:

Dove

Postby Dove » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi everyone! :D

Just lost a long post -- aaaaack!! I hate when that happens. Forgot to compose elsewhere & copy to here.

Typing this on my new computer. Love it! Soooo much faster than my old pc or dh's laptop. Decided to get a laptop because of the luxury of being able to move it all around the house, plus the speed & memory capabilities. Pleased with the help I received from the very knowledgable sales guy at the store, & also with several techie people I spoke with over the phone. All my old files have been restored -- yay!

Have been cuop here while walking on the treadmill. That is working out really well. Only problem is that I cannot type while walking. Maybe someday I'll be as coordinated as Kathryn :) . The only drawback is that I don't get back online very often to post here. So much I have wanted to respond to over the last few weeks.

A big welcome to Kally, jquandt88 & Bernice :D ! It is so nice to see new faces & I've enjoyed reading your posts.

Harriet, I was so sorry to read about dOrphan Cat. ((Hugs))

Thinking everyday about ((Indi & Jake)) & praying for a quick resolution in your favor.

Twins, I was so happy to read that dMoses only had a lipoma. What a relief.

MT, sorry dh hurt his back; hope he feels much better soon.

Gotta run -- waving~~~~~ to everyone! :mrgreen:

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:56 pm

Dove, I know what you mean on lost posts. It always happens to me especially on long posts.

No cleaning has gotten done but I ran all my errands and have shown the house twice. This morning was to a young couple and their 2 little boys. The guy was transferred here and has been working a month. She came down to look at houses. They said they would think about it and might want to see it again. I am more than happy to do that for anyone. It is a big decision and I don't want anyone making the wrong one, one way or another. This afternoon I showed it to the older couple who wanted to wait until a less windy day. They are a lovely couple. They have always farmed and lived in the country. Their home is in the process of being sold. She wants to find the right place for him, so he will be happy in town. Our place would be perfect for them and she fell in love with the house and he with the garage. The house would be sold if we want to go down $17500.00. They have their top price and we have our botton price and there is $10,000.00 difference. She kept saying keep us in mind and be sure to let us know before you sell it to someone else. There was a phone call from a realtor with the same last name as them. I asked them and it is their daughter-in-law. They said she had been on the lookout for a place for them. I haven't called her back yet, but I need to. Well I went ahead and called her. She said her mil was upset that she had called but that is standard procedure for them when they see a for sale by owner sign. She told me she would be happy to list it or would handle the paper work for $1000.00. I had talked to dh and he said it's too early in the game to give it away and that's what their price would be. But if we get desperate, we would consider their offer down the road.

This morning the realtor that had came to the open house and had been dd2 realtor when they bought their new house called. He had something for me. He came by and brought a 3 page set of disclosure papers that they use when they list a house. He told me to fill them out and then make copies to give to serious lookers. He also gave me a page that listed things you need to do to be ready to show the house. They don't really apply to us since the house is empty and clean but I appreciate it. I told him we would use him if we need a realtor. I really needed this positive action because I had spent a few days in a funk.

There is a large national window company that has a sale going on that ends this month. A free estimate, free installation, no down payment, no payments for a year. We thought that would work great since the house hasn't sold. Dh told me to call. Well I did and made an appointment. They insist on both of you being there. When I told dh this, he told me to call them back and cancel it. About 12 years ago the local company that sells these windows, came to our house to give us an estimate on refacing the cabinets. It was over $13000.00, way back then. They sent 2 guys and they used that high pressure sales pitch. They would not take no for answer. They kept it up and kept it up. They would just start over with the whole spiel. It was a nightmare. One of the men had been fired from dhs workplace and this was his new job. Finally they realized that there was no way that we would work with them after all that and they finally left. Anyway we don't want a repeat of that.

I just had a thought. My db is out of work. He says that he takes jobs that he use to not mess with because they were so small. Where he lives there is just no building going on at all. I might see if he wants to come out and do windows at some point. If I have to pay for work, I would rather pay him.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:52 pm

I'm off to pick up DD10 and get dinner then to see Damn Yankees. See y'all Monday when I hope to have progress to report.

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:52 pm

Elizabeth - Have a nice weekend!

I'm in a slump and need a second ....third.....and fourth wind. :)

Baby stepping my way back into action -
** Table & counters cleared
** Dishes washed
** 10 papers processed & scanned

Return to “Post When You Can”