Saturday Surprises

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
OKay

Re: Saturday Surprises

Postby OKay » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:52 pm

((((Mr MT)))) glad he has such good care ((((MT))))

Before DNephew contacted the baby mother, he sought legal counsel in how to proceed. He is following the lawyers suggestions and is hopeful he & the baby's mother can work out the baby future without lots of legal action. The mother is somewhat resisting but she did bring the baby 100 miles for DNA testing. I ran by the store and filled up a Baby Gift bag with PINK STUFF (blanket, burb clothes, outfits, etc) and tied it to DNephew's front door (he wasn't home). I txt'd him and told him it was there. He later txt'd back with a great big thank you. :)

Next up -
** finish moving toys to LO bedroom
** make chicken salad for tomorrow
** take Buddy (dog) for a walk

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:04 pm

What a surprise, OKay! I hope it all works out well for baby and parents.

MT feeling bad for the pain your DH is in. We are in the same boat but not as bad. I was helping DH do maintenance on his biggest truck. He was up on ladder to get top lights off to repair. He fell off the ladder about 4 steps up, landed flat mostly on his back and rolled over all at once. In the concrete driveway. After a minute he slowly got up and he is okay except his "fixed" hip is a little sore from being jostled. He is limping.

Sometimes I do not know what is to become of us.

He ordered lights & bulbs off the internet because locally they were either unavailable or very expensive. He also changed a seal on the differential.

Well, besides helping him with that I've sewed a bit, got laundry out to dry, kitchen cleaned up, made lunch. I am very tired today. After all that happened, DH finally went to bed for a nap.

Kally

Postby Kally » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:14 pm

Grrr, I just lost a post. My computer isn't playing nicely with the internet today.

(((Harmony & DH))) and (((MT & DH)))

Okay, kudos to dnephew for stepping up. Sounds like he will be a great father if given the chance.

Nancy, snow on the mountain tops sounds pretty.

Harriet, I had to think a minute before I realized what "BBT" was. I watched the episode, but evidently not as closely as you. :D Makes me curious to watch it again.

Hmm, I remember a relative of mine talking about a competition in her neighborhood to see who could get their wash on the line first on Monday morning. Most of my relatives would have lived in the country then, so not sure who/what I'm remembering. I'll have to ask DMother.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:20 pm

this has been a very unusual day for me. DH and LO have been gone for the past 12 hours. I've kept the noise makers (TV, radio, etc) off and now my ears have started making sounds of their own. :shock: :lol: sort of a hummmmmming crackling sound. The audio portion of my brain must be in shock and trying to cope as best as it can. ;)

Making progress on spreadsheet to prepare information for CPA. The formulas have lost their reference paths and are messed up so i'm having to rewrite those. Slow....tedious type work....checking that each formula is pointing at the correct workbook, columns and rows. Perfect type of work to do in the quiet.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Waving to Lynlee and others!
We are back from the outting Red Tails the movie was good.
Dgkids were not home not sure what's up but chilling now.
Got a new to me small 4 C. mini coffee maker I'm excited about that!
May have found my e-mail prob. tweaked that.
Got a couple more books new to me,
and two shirts now I just need some black pants and I"ll be set!
H. found a Charlotte's web video and I got a couple more Frankin ones that we did not have so was happy about that!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:56 pm

((Mr. Harmony))

I trimmed my ddad's fingernails for him today. Walked with him about 1/4 mile. Wind was so high that was all either of us could stand.

I don't remember such a consistently windy February here, which just dovetails in to everyone's conversations about the odd weather here.

Grocery shopping - the big trip today. Again the wind just whipping.

Taco night here. HRH said it was about as good a meal as he could think of, unless we have acid reflux tonight! Both of us have been spared just about long enough to slip up! It was fun to make the tacos, though.

The grandboys called and I was amazed but almost sad to hear that little britches has developed quite a vocabulary since I've seen him. DangerBoy says, "I 'aced' my spelling words, Grandma!" Awwww... ... Miss them so much!

Kally, no one who's normal may watch it as closely as I do. :oops: Thurs evening as it aired, HRH was rushing me into the LR because he didn't want to have to listen to me complain if I missed a second of it! :oops:

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:12 am

Just wanted to say hi to the new posters - welcome to the village.

Kathryn - I enjoy reading your travel posts - thank you for thinking of us and sharing your journey.

I've finished two sets of taxes (turned them into our CPA) out of the three I'm responsible for. One to go! Yea for me! My goal was to have all three submitted by Feb. 29, and I think I can do it. I've set aside tomorrow and Monday to finish the last one. I do want to watch the Oscars, so I'll get up early and work on taxes until the Red Carpet starts at 4pm. On the West Coast, the Oscars start at 5pm, so glad it will be an early night on Sunday. Sorry East Coasters - a late night for you.

Very windy here today too Harriet. And I am also a Big Bang Theory fan, loved the episode this week.

Waving hi to all and take care - no more falls for the menfolk of the village.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:00 am

WOW! So exciting for dnephew and all your family, OKay!!! And here I was wondering if ddil would tell the FB world the sex of the baby before they told us, LOL! What if I had found out there WAS a baby after it hit FB??? I guess I would have just fainted, LOL!!! Sounds like dnephew has a really good head on his shoulders, and I hope everything goes great for all of them!

Speaking of babies, I ordered ddil's second choice tonight. DH is probably going to faint when he notices the amazon order and the credit card statement. Second choice was $99, compared to the $35 of the original choice. Plus, original INCLUDED the mobile, while this one did not. $25. Then grandma lucy added an extra crib sheet & waterproof mattress pad. $150 total. Plus $25 shipping/handling. But -- glad it's done. Ddil was fine w/out the first choice, said she didn't have her heart set on anything in particular, and (like the original choice) this is fairly gender neutral -- a jungle theme w/cute little animals. No tigers though :shock: -- only giraffes, zebras, monkeys and :evil: elephants. We'll have to add plenty of AU tigers in other ways or ds & dh will be very disappointed! (Only those w/close association to my state will understand the :evil: re: elephants. At least these elephants are baby blue... NOT crimson.)

Long day today... college basketball again... I better head to bed.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:15 am

It is Sunday morning for me now but I wrote this last night and couldn't post because internet was down. I thought I'd post it here.

It was an amazing day in Gambia.

I finally stepped outside the protective 'bubble' that I've been travelling in and we went out in the afternoon on our own.

In the morning we went out with the two lecturers from South African. One is a journalist who has been all over Africa, including Gambia. The other makes his living as a guide in the Cape Town area but studied anthropology. He hadn't been to West Africa before but we could still count on him for some guidance, for instance, how much to ignore the men who wanted to be our guides.

Having an idea of what to do, we went back out in the afternoon on our own, meaning only to stay for 20 minutes. But one of the men from the morning recognized us as returning and took us on a deep tour of the market, then the beach area where the fishermen bring in their haul and then walking through the town. We ended up spending another 105 minutes walking around and walked back to the ship on our own. It was quite an experience and I'll write details tomorrow.

We were exhausted and hot when we got back. I did laundry and my bra came out of the washer dryer than it was when I had taken it off my body! We s2s for a second time, had teatime, I did trivia, we had our pre-dinner snack and then opted for hot dogs, ice cream and a movie in the cabin after watching the ship leave Gambia.

We are now off to bed before 10, instead of after midnight.

I've got a cold now (and am not the only one on board with a cold) so a good night's sleep and a sea day tomorrow will be beneficial to me.

We had over nine hours of sleep so that part was a success. There is now no doubt we are on a ship - moderate swells, nothing big but one has to be careful when moving. The other day, while underway, I was able to stand on one foot for 30 seconds without any swaying at all. Today, I wouldn't even try that!

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:58 am

waving from sunday.
church this morning. dd2s schoolfriends mum and her family w grands was behind me - nice always to see her. Spoke to another man after service - new to me but around for ever I think. Tried a cuppa tea. I don't usually drink it but managed to pass on the slice and raisen toast despite looking at it and being tempted.
A line from the homily re the present govt leadership debarkle. Of how he reminded himself at least things happened differently here to syria. And prayers for politics posturing in all places. Your country and mine.
And all the rest.
state election is next month. opposition leader is not a current member and hopes to win a seat from an ex minister, he lives in neighbouring electorate. Its a new party amagimation of old coalition not found in any other state. And wants to come back from very few members elected. Premier has annoyed many.
federally. The former PM who was ousted has a take over bid of his own happening on Monday. dysfunctional and all badly timed.
May your primaries be blessed with good discernment of best candidates.
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”