Resourceful Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Resourceful Sunday

Postby Harriet » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:56 pm

I had missed that bittersweet also has a cold. Get Well Soon! Dreams mean we are working out problems - it's all good.

Hope Kathryn's cold symptoms end soon.

Sunny, what subject will dgd be studying online?

So enjoying chat about housekeeping in earlier days. BookSaver, you started something. That top-sheet-to-bottom rings a bell for me, too, Lynlee. Oh, wringing - I used to hate hand-wringing of things. I never could satisfy the women around me as a child/teen trying to wring as well as they. My maternal grandmother used to wring until there was nothing left but a memory of moisture! How in the world the fibers held up to her arm strength, I don't know. Yuck the basin of starch - yes, yes, ours was white enamel and I thought it was a dismal thing with those cloudy contents! I never thought any good came of starch, LOL! And when the amount needed was miscalculated you'd have to do up another batch. I appreciated BookSaver mentioning to start with oldest posts in her first link.

I need to suggest the old radio shows to HRH. He did whatever magic you do (it's late - don't ask too much of my memory) to make free books happen on the Kindle today and mentioned that several of the titles he saw by Bradbury and Asimov were ones he'd listened to and enjoyed. I think he'd really enjoy old radio.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:58 am

Well... I've got to put BOTH sheets back on the bed... plus a million pillow cases. Not really, of course, but we do use a LOT of pillows. I have two regular plus my horseshoe-shaped neck pillow. Which I don't think is working very well. DH has about six pillows, I think. Assorted arrangements for his head, under his knees, etc. He really hoards pillows.
I loved the 1940s talk, too, bsweet! Oh my... how I wish I could train myself to have everything done by 10:00 a.m.!!!
:shock: Wow. Sometimes in the summer, I'm not even AWAKE at 10:00 a.m. :oops:

I donwanna go to school tomorrow either.

DH feels bad that ddil won't go out to eat with us or anything when ds is gone. I have tried to tell him that she -- just like ds -- just enjoys her time alone, that she has tv shows she likes to watch and she likes to spend time on the computer... but dh is still bothered by this. * sigh * :roll:

I exercised: 21 minutes "walk away the pounds."
I did not color my hair. Maybe tomorrow. I guess when people start calling me "Flower" -- then I'll take time for my colorist. (Wasn't Flower the name of the skunk in Bambi?)

Happy w/supporting actress Oscar... and Best actress, too. Meryl Streep was great in The Iron Lady. We haven't seen The Artist. Haven't seen Hugo, either, and apparently it is really good, too.

Oh my goodness... I wish I could just twitch my nose and get those sheets on the bed.

Waving to ALL!!! Have a great week.
Tomorrow is another day.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:28 am

Yes, lucylee, Flower was indeed the name of the little skunk in Bambi :P There are times I wish I could go back to the 1940s (not that I remember them..LOL), but it was a much slower, simpler time. What I do remember is the days before fitted sheets...that's when we used to do the top sheet to bottom, bottom sheet and pillow cases in the wash thing. Can't do that anymore now that bottom sheets are almost invariably fitted. Of course, that was also back in the day when we used to iron tea towels, cloth napkins, and pillowcases (in fact, that's what Mum used to teach me to iron when I was about 8). Sometimes life is so busy and hectic and overwhelming now that it just seems impossible to keep up with it all.

I've managed to sew a couple more kittycat pads (who was it that asked about them? Kally, maybe? They're just sleeping pads made of two layers of material with quilting batt in the middle for the cats at work to sleep on), reboot the laundry again, and generally putz.

Am also feeling rather frustrated with DH at the moment, too! Yesterday when he was heading out to his game, I jokingly said, "What about the housework?", and he said there would be time to do it today. Well guess what? As soon as we got home from breakfast, he went upstairs to play on his computer, and other than when he was down here watching BBT with me, I haven't seen him all day!! When someone says they'll help me with something, I don't feel I should have to be chasing them down...kwim?

Oh well...for the next couple of weeks, he's going to find that I just don't have the time to sit and watch TV with him or go for breakfast or whatever, cause the housework has to get done, and if he's not going to keep up his end of the deal, then he's the one that will lose out. For now, I'm going to reboot the laundry, grab a quick snack, and head off to bed.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Post When You Can”