Musical Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Musical Monday PWYC

Postby bittersweet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:44 am

On this day in 1814, Ludwig von Beethoven premiered his eighth symphony in Vienna, Austria. What can you do to bring a little music into your life today?
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twins' Mom

Re: Musical Monday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:56 am

Listen to Pandora (very quietly) at work? Having a little background music going helps screen out some of the other random office sounds.

Today I need to leave around 2:45 for another meeting regarding the house interior - will come back to work afterward to finish up the day. I'm going for 8 - 9 hours worked today. I won't go home to see about Moe - the dcleaning lady is there today and I asked if she would take him out for a potty break before she leaves around noon.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:08 am

First cup of coffee - check!
Downstairs critter care - check!

That's about it so far. I still need to wash my hair, clean the upstairs litter boxes, get dressed and ready for work, and (hopefully) put away the folded laundry.

DS is up, but considering this morning's weather (-5F with a windchill of -20F), I suspect he won't be going in to work until about noon. DH is still sleeping since he works tonight.

Off I go again!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:19 am

No music here yet the house is quiet.
It snowed a skiff here in the night.
Coffee is brewing.
QT x
I to need to wash my hair and s2s but I'm waiting till it warms up a bit.
Granny duty just after nine.
:arrow:
Waving to all who follow.

I finished that batch of puppets found a couple from before so the next batch has a bit of a head start on them! :mrgreen:

Not much music here as I gave away the stereo and CD's.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:23 am

Musical Monday sounds perfect! Thank you BSweet! I'll use this as a reminder to hum and sing softly as I go through my day.

LO went to work with DH this morning so I can take dog to vet. I tried to take him to vet last week when I had the dog in the car but the vet office was already closed. Separating the dogs is still necessary so there is a musical chairs of sort that has to happen to keep everyone safe and happy.

DH aunt died yesterday (not unexpectedly) and so his family is in a tizzy of preparation for the funeral. Phone calls have been multiple this morning...what do I think about this...about that. While we were discussing family gathers spots, food preparation, etc I was fine responding to what we (I) would recommend/provide. However the other decisions felt weird for me to answer. Finally I said...as kindly and gently as possible....."this is DH aunt and I will abide by whatever decision he makes. I will ask him and call you back" Hopefully I didn't offend. Sometimes when emotions are extra tender it is easy to take things in the wrong way. They did take the hint and said they would call him (instead of calling me for decisions).

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:32 am

OKay, sorry about DH's Aunt. People tend to call the member of the couple who typically makes those kinds of decisions, don't they? And usually it is not the man...

I'm thinking about us here. DH agrees we probably would have no life at all if I didn't organize something besides work.

I did a LOL and hung it out. Did not use bluing or starch, did use the washing machine and a few minutes on wrinkle release dryer tumble. I'm a thoroughly modern woman! Except for the hanging outside I guess.

Music sounds like a good idea. I tend to put on the news stations in the morning. Today I didn't and DH was outside weeding so it was very nice and quiet inside. I've helped him gather papers, receipts, returns, statement which I produced, phone numbers... and he's on his way. I want to do a bit of cleaning today and some sewing.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:28 pm

Good morning! DD10 told me that Damn Yankees was for adults. She wanted to go to sleep but couldn't. DFriend's daughter (2 years older) did go to sleep during the show. I liked it. Yesterday, I did some de-sealing on the bathtub, still more to do. I also exercised, rand laundry, remembered to pack today's lunch, and got elected as a board member of the animal organization I work with. Unfortunately, the first board meeting for me is during spring break, when I will have DD10. I am going to see if XDH can take her that night. I had trouble waking up this morning, but am more awake now. Half my life is spent wishing for a nap! Tonight, while I am continuing the bathtub project, I will be sure to put some music on.

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:32 pm

Good Day Everyone! Well, the sky is a little brighter than it was yesterday although there is still a 50% chance of rain/thundershowers later this afternoon.

Daily chores are finished and dh just heated us a bowl of soup for lunch. Today will be errand day. We need to get some grocery staples and pick up some Rx refills. We shouldn't be out more than a couple of hours, so I will have time to get some laundry started.

OKay, I was sorry to read of Dh's aunt passing.

I like music and will have the radio or cd player on to work by. My dmom once told me that her dmom and dgm always sang hymns as they worked around their home.

Gotta run....dh is ready to go.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Kally

Postby Kally » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 pm

Good afternoon! It is another beautiful late winter? day. I don't feel like we've really had winter, not that I'm complaining! :D

OKay, you, DH & family have my sympathy on the death of his daunt. Hope all details are worked out easily and without conflict.

My humming and/or singing would not be particularly melodious.

Errands to run this afternoon, need to get to it!

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:35 pm

Very quiet day here in the village.

This morning I ran by the grocery store after I had been to the other house and had a "Calgon" moment in that wonderful tub. I had a message from the lady who loves the house. She said they are willing to pay full price because it is worth it BUT the person buying their house has until May 15 to buy it. She also said she realized they might lose out but if it's still for sale then, they will buy it. She also said that the realtor who had called me on Friday is actually their xdil and that she is crazy. :lol: After I finished lunch a lady called and they were at the other house and wanted to make an appt. I told her I could come right over. They were a very nice older couple. They seem interested but want their sons opinion, so I will be showing it to them again on Wed.

We have a lot of March birthdays in our family, so I went and bought cards.

Guess I better attempt to get busy. :roll:

Return to “Post When You Can”