Musical Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Elizabeth

Re: Musical Monday PWYC

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:29 pm

I am still working on flowcharts at payroll. The current one has 24 pages and 22 cross references and is not close to finished! Back to it!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:34 pm

Lilac mentioned buying cards. The Current catalog came here today and it's the first hard-copy one I've seen in many years. My. They certainly hit a nerve with me as far as the pretty variety they offer, and individually their prices for the quality are better than stores, but as I find perfect cards I notice of course that you buy 16 of a collection at a time. So I will have to think about that. The 20-something pages of Easter-everything set my head spinning. I wouldn't have thought there was enough Easter decor, stationary, and egg-hunt paraphernalia to fill 20 pages that I would keep turning.

On the front page of our regional newspaper today there was an article about the trend toward more generations living in one household, with eldercare happening simultaneously with childcare. A writer and photographer had followed a specific family, and the photo of them all sitting down to evening meal was large and above the fold. I couldn't help but zero in on the plates, each with one obviously burnt-top roll beside the other food. I painted the scene for HRH - the poor lady was already overworked with several children plus two parents and a homecoming husband for whom to prepare, and then two new men came into her home to watch her set out supper and there was no way she could remember everything in that atmosphere, so the rolls burned. HRH said if I had to expect a photographer to come through the front door to watch me prepare and serve a meal, he would be tempted to high-tail it out the back way because I would be impossible to live with. Quite true. Anyway, I feel empathy for that lady, with those blackened rolls sitting, forever preserved for family history, in each one of her family member's plates.

I've been watching bits of the recorded Oscars today when I've had time.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:51 pm

I looked for my previous post from mid-day, but somehow I must not have gotten it posted.

I was just telling that today held the surprise of extra laundry loads. I was already doing my ddad's towels and really had to insist that surely there must be some laundry he wanted me to do. I ask this often and he usually says there's nothing. When he finally started bringing things to me I realized he must have been hoarding his laundry! I ended up with both a light and dark load for him as well, so the washer twins have been going today, for sure. I think he has a hard time making decisions or organizing clothing needs, and we have a hard time invading his privacy.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:15 pm

I am off to home. On the way I am going to pick up a New Mexico Kids magazine. Tonight I have lots of de-sealing to do. Thank goodness I have two showers! Otherwise I would have had to hire out this project. Who knows, I may eventually wish I did. I will also spend 15 min in the LR and maybe another in the sewing room. I still need to sew a leg on Bug-A-Boo. That project has fallen by the wayside recently. I also need to find my next crochet project and yarn. If nothing else, I can do a blanket square. I may run the dishwasher tonight, maybe not. With one person, it is not an every day thing.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:09 pm

Good luck on your continuing de-sealing project, Elizabeth.

Just read that Jan Berenstain has passed away. Her son says she was working on new illustrations for children right up until the day before she died at 88.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:33 pm

Granny duty went well today we've had to change nap time to earlier in the day but got that done now. She had fun with her stuffed duck today playing with it most of the day she lugged it back out to the car when she left and almost for got her blankie. Enjoyed the new to us Franklin videos also.
Dgson will be here after school tomorrow for tutoring.
Stir fry for dinner is cooking now.
H. has been on shredder duty all afternoon to get ready for trash day tomorrow.
I called in two Rx refills to pick up later on in the week.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:34 pm

OHHH the memories I made today. Memories I hope to soon leave my head!!! HUMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm....thinking. Should I share the horrible.... awful...terrible...hope-I-never-experience-that-again moment? Maybe just the highlights because the actual details of the experience was not something i want my friends to ever be a part of. Picture a new dog that hasn't gone to bathroom in 3 days. Picture that same new dog visiting the vet and the excitement of that experience. Picture that same dog loaded in the back seat of my small car when all the excitement and the lack of bathroom activity all resolved itself while I was driving down a busy street. I hope that memory soon leaves my head!!!! I spent 30 minutes on the side of the road cleaning up what I could. Thankful to have a roll of paper towels, spray bottle of fabreeze and trash sack in the trunk of the car. This afternoon I spent another 1.5 hours shampooing the inside of my car. I will probably shampoo the inside of the car again tomorrow. I have washed my hands about 150 times and taken 2 showers. I am having thoughts of selling my car. :shock: I wish I knew how to erase the memory of that experience.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:30 pm

((((((((((OKAY))))))))))
Ohhh... bless your heart. Ohhh... that is all I can say. Ohhhh...

Also... I'm so sorry about dh's aunt, OKay.

Waving to all.

Somewhat long day here. Dfil is not doing well. He has pneumonia, but we are trying to keep him at home, hoping antibiotic does the trick. We are really at the point now, that we think, "What good -- REALLY -- would hospital do?" Every time he goes to hospital he comes back w/new problem -- bedsores, aspiration-induced pneumonia, etc. As dh & I discussed yesterday afternoon, it is not like he can go into the hospital and they can fix him. He seems comfortable enough at home, and the girls/ladies who help out every day are sooo attentive and kind to him. They are unbelievably patient & caring. So. There we are.

I wonder what heart doctor told ddad today. Guess I should call them.
Good gracious, as I told dsisil today -- I did NOT expect MY parents to start falling apart at the same time as dinlaws! Dmom is 25 years younger than dfil! (Ddad is 19, almost 20, years younger.)

Sounds like a fun day with dgd, Nancy.

Hmmm... de-sealing showers. What does that involve, Elizabeth? It sounds like quite a job!

Sad about Jan Berenstain.

DH thinks I hoard my laundry, Harriet! When he starts washing, I hide my clothes when I take them off -- I just hang them on a peg in my closet -- b/c he does not understand the process of shake, dry, shake. I always have to iron or re-wash after he does my clothes.

We have lots of March birthdays, too, Lilac.
Must get dmom's card & finish her present tomorrow!

Kally, we definitely have not had winter here! Like you, I am NOT complaining... but I do wonder what is in store for summer, if winter has been this warm.

Waving to Sunny... Harmony... bsweet... Twins.

Music for the day? Well... not much. Classroom doesn't really lend itself to music -- at least not in my opinion. Some teachers, I'm told, do play background music occasionally. I listen to the radio to & from school, usually, but it is only a 5 minute drive. I generally have some sort of song going in my head, though -- when I'm not talking, that is. Sometimes that is very annoying... but sometimes I like singing to myself.

Hope y'all have a good night! I'm going to go watch dh & ds -- LOL -- they are watching some just-acquired dvd's of dh's football playing days. Kinda entertaining, listening to their critiques.
Oh -- but first -- need to call ddad!
Tomorrow is another day.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:31 pm

I posted and lost it

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:02 am

Aw, that's too bad Indiana. I'm sure we all wait to read how things are going for you every day.

We had a nice heavy rain for a bit. It puddled in the yard, then sank in. We thought it would have done more than it did, apparently, because as we scrape the sand/sod away it's not very wet underneath.

Our grapefruit tree is blooming, there are blooms all over it and if each turned into a grapefruit that tree would be bent over, laying on the ground. My broccoli plants are waist high and bushy. We get little thimble-sized florets which I pick off promptly before they open into flowers. We've had enough to have them for dinner every couple days.

I have an extremely busy day tomorrow.

Awful news today had me thinking about Mystery Woman.

Night everybody.

Return to “Post When You Can”