Tuesday TaDAs PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Sunny

Re: Tuesday TaDAs PWYC

Postby Sunny » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:10 pm

Hi! We've had a nice day here in FL. Perfect winter weather, lots of sun and not too hot!

My TaDa for today...I managed to get my dailies done just before dh decided he was bored and wanted to walk in the mall instead of on the treadmill today. :roll: . He is now fast asleep in his favorite recliner!

OKay... So cute how LO says grace. Also like seeing your "8 D's" again.
Hi, Lucy... nice to see you. It's delightful to see you so excited about your dgbaby!
Twins'... hope you are having a less stressful day today!
B'Sweet... sounds like you still have lots of kitties there. Will you be getting more when these are gone?
Lilac... sorry your dh has shingles; hope he's better soon.
Harmony... I'm trying to picture you zooming around town in the dump truck! ???
Nancy... I'm glad you new coffee pot is working out for you.
Hi Elizabeth... I hope your vacation plans get straightened out with no more surprises.
Kathryn... I'm looking forward to hearing about the Cape Verde Islands.
MT... Hope dh is ok and about to get his meds.
Harriet... Sometimes it doesn't hurt to give in. On homemade remedies for clothes: I've stapled the hems of a pair of black pants when the stitches came out. The staples have since been replaced by safety pins! :roll: :lol:
Dove... Neat idea to use the cubbies for office supplies!
((Dee))... Hope you're feeling better than yesterday!

I'm thinking about Indiana, too. Hope you are all right!

While we were out today I was able to find the buttons I needed to finish up the yo yo flowers I made. Just have to get them sewed on and will do that tomorrow. I can see better to sew by daylight.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:33 pm

8-) A nice sunny day here but cool errands done.
dgson did not get off the bus here he went home instead his dad was working nearby
so it was ok.

I'm reading a book on line if you like pioneer days you might enjoy it
Letters of a woman homesteader By Elinore Pruitt Stewart.
http://www.gutenberg.org/files/16623/16623-h/16623-h.htm#VI

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:42 pm

nancy...I love the book, thanks so much for posting it. I think in my earlier life I must have been a pioneer woman. I've told that many times to my friends.

Very stressful at work so I'm going to watch Am. Idol with Sweetie. That will make me smile.
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:13 am

Dr. appointment went fine. Dr. gave DH 120 count pain pills. I'm not sure what the street value would be - but I know it is one that people abuse. He said to get off them asap but to have them on hand if/when Dh would do something stupid again. He has improved quite a bit from even yesterday. Every day he gets better.

I have to keep jeans buttoned as they have a low rise and a very short zipper. If I don't button, I'm afraid the zipper would come down - but they are tight enough - I know the jeans wouldn't fall down.

We had a bit of rain in the middle of the night for a few minutes - but the wind has gone down now. Hope I can get outside and play a bit tomorrow.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:44 am

[x] car repaired
-- NOT inexpensive -- had to do front AND rear brakes, AND replace rear rotors (sp?) I had a 10% off coupon, and it came in at just under $600 :shock: -- but was completed fairly quickly and I was out of there by noon.
[x] papers dropped off w/tax man
-- We owe $1600... so that wasn't inexpensive, either! :shock: * sigh *
[x] dmom's gift purchased
[x] trash compactor bags purchased
[x] dmom's & other March bday cards purchased
[x] school work up to date
[ ] dmom's gift ready to deliver
[ ] exercise completed
[ ] hair colored

Final three items have NOT been done, b/c dfil went into hospital this morning. After I got home from my morning errands, dh & I went back to the hospital, and we were up there from around 3:30 or 4:00 until 10:30, minus the time we spent eating @ Subway w/ds & ddil. More in J&C.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Wed Feb 29, 2012 2:12 am

I don't know what I'm doing up.

Lucylee, sounds like a very expensive day all the way around.

I got the house picked up a bit and floors swept. I wasn't feeling particularly good and took a little nap. When I got up I had the feeling I was into a low blood sugar, but there was no time to eat before my church friend came. I managed to get through that time and we got our work finished.

Not a real productive day with all the volunteering. But I guess that's important too.

Off to bed.

Oh, Sunny, I sure wasn't zooming around town in the dump truck! I drive that thing very carefully and sorta slowly. 2 banks I actually went in; 1 bank I got brave and went through the drive-though. The lane was actually too narrow and my mirror got turned in on its bracket. I saw lots of black skid marks along the wall, though, so many people must do that. Had to stop after I pulled out and reposition the mirror. Won't try that again. How many yo-yo's did you put on the quilt?

Return to “Post When You Can”