March Madness PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

March Madness PWYC

Postby bittersweet » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:29 am

Yes, fellow villagers...it's already March! In another 31 days, we'll be one-quarter of the way through 2012!! :shock: Is today a day for planning your month? How will you avoid March madness, and work towards creating peace, harmony, and a clutter-free environment for yourself and your family?
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twins' Mom

Re: March Madness PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:58 am

I'm in for some March madness here - worked 10.25 hours on March 1 last year so don't want to get too far behind.

DH and I discussed the situation with the friend this morning. When dh got home last night, I had already been asleep and the ddog had woke me up for a trip outside. It was pouring rain when I first got home so they didn't do their work adequately.

I am really feeling tired and bored. Working long days six days a week just gets boring, needing something to distinguish one day from another.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 am

I really need to get myself moving here - it's my late day, so I have some time to hopefully make an impact on the disaster that my home has become. Believe it or not, I need a break from all these kittens!! For some reason, this is a particularly destructive bunch (especially Francis), and we have several USB cords that will need to be replaced. He and his brother and sister will be going this weekend, and the other four will go as soon as there is a spot at the pet store for them.

Although I have four days off starting tomorrow, there are already a bunch of things that will be taking up a good portion of the time. Aside from the ever-growing mountain of housework, and the demands of payroll, I also have a project to get started on for Toastmasters (I seem to have been elected VP - Public Relations), and another big project for SFE (Sustainable Food Edmonton) that has a deadline of March 14th!! :shock: I also NEED to find some time to visit dMum this weekend!!

Anyways...let's focus on this morning, before I descend into utter March madness here! :lol:

- downstairs critter care
- upstairs critter care
- put away clean laundry
- meds for me/kittens
- sew three kittycat pads
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:54 am

Just stopping by to say hello.

Enjoyed reading Kathryn's travels yesterday.

Yesterday I had to ride downtown and pick up DH as he juggled trucks around. I really wasn't feeling well, just really exhausted, and it felt like mental exhaustion from the trials of the day...I pretty much slept all evening.

So today, I need to go get groceries and I have a bunch of stuff to do around here again. Fortunately there wasn't any desk chores to do this morning. I need a break from all that anyway.

Indiana, I hope Jake doesn't mind the muzzle too much. At least he gets to go out with you, right?

Lilac

Postby Lilac » Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:36 am

Nancy, thank you for putting the link on here for the pioneer book. I am really enjoying it.

Emptynester

Postby Emptynester » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:14 pm

Up late and not doing much here again. After DH takes his 6 am pain pill he sleeps for 3 - 4 hours so I feel I need to be quiet. I know I could go in den (at the other end of the house from bedroom) and sort papers - but I just can't make myself do that.

So I get caught up in a book or the computer and the day gets away from me.

Schedule looks like this:
Friday and Saturday is LaFiesta - sort of a mini Mardi Grau/Anniversary of the forming of the park celebration.
Sunday - Friday AM - Rally in Yuma

So that means I only have today to get ready for the trip to Yuma. Thank goodness I can drive!!!

Time to get a rub made and applied to ribs for dinner and to take to Yuma. Going to cook them low and slow in the oven.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:23 pm

Good morning! Yesterday went longer than I expected. I had DD10 so XDH could go to a dinner with his work group. It lasted so long I got nothing done house-wise. However, I did get DD fed, homework done, Girl Scouts on time. Then we came home and watched Bewitched until XDH came to pick her up. After that, there was time only for general night time routines, nothing extra. Tonight is art class night, so nothing will get done other than the usual nightly necessities. I forgot to give XDH the child support check. I found out my SIL is divorcing my brother. It has been a bad year for marriage in my family. I have not been sleeping well because of DCat18 pestering me at night. I managed to reset the date on my watch, which did not account for leap year.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:25 pm

Today the new is irritatingly slow here. We've had hail in the night I see frozen pellets on the ground but we have some sun. 8-) Your welcome for the link on pioneer letters. Breakfast done coffee was a blessing. Granny duty in a bit.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:52 pm

It's the beginning of a new month! :shock: Do you know where you're headed?

Opportunities abound for challenge, accountability, inspiration and for encouraging others!

March's Declutter Strategists
March's Cardfile Central
Health and Fitness March
Focus Cleaning (in the Kitchen now)
Paper Tamers Challenge - Tame by April, 2012 (in Organizational Tools forum)
and Art, Craft and Needlework for March

now posted!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Well, it's a beautiful summer day here. ?

I've been kinda wistful since last evening hearing about Davy Jones' death.

Twins Mom, I hope you can avoid boredom!

For some reason, I'm so sleepy. Is this resistance to everything I have to do? Is it reaction to the sunshine? Hmmm...

Return to “Post When You Can”