March Madness PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Indiana

Re: March Madness PWYC

Postby Indiana » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:36 pm

March trivia

March comes in like a lion and goes out like a lamb. That is a good thing this year since the 31 is Easter.

March didn't begin on a Sunday so no Friday the 13th this month.

March's full moon is called a Worm moon because as the sun increasingly so the earthworms become active or crow, crust, sugar or sap moon.

sherinjoy

Postby sherinjoy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:29 pm

Hi Indiana - So glad to see you posting again. Just wanted to clarify one thing you wrote - Easter is on April 8th this year - I think you were saying it was in March? I always love your Moon info, the names of each month's moon.

Busy on this first day of March. My friend's favorite day of the year is March 4th - say it outloud and you'll get it - in honor of John Phillip Sousa.

Off to the tasks of the day.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:46 pm

oops thnak you sherinjoy.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:51 pm

I just added the 50th page to my flowchart. There are more than 40 cross references. I hope this can be understood in the future. All my friends cancelled out on lunch, so I finished a mystery novel at IHOP. I wish I slept better last night. I've got to do something about DCat18's habit of waking me up.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm

Quick update: sea day and I did nothing. No devotions, no reading, nothing.

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Finished one of the flowcharts! Fifty five pages and forty four cross references. Jeepers!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:13 pm

Granny duty is done until Sunday morning.
Journaling done.
Dishes done.
Walk done I did it down the hill that was more protected from the wind today.
March is "coming in like a lion" here hoping it goes out like a lamb.
K in C glad to see your post as there was news today at noon here about a cruise ship that had troubles had to have passengers unload due to some mech. trouble I think it was.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OKay

Postby OKay » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:20 pm

>>>>Plopping into chair for a much needed break with a cup of coffee<<<<

Two solid days of back-to-back medical appts, meetings, funeral, family gatherings, etc. I'm so glad this isn't necessary every day of the week! :) This morning started with a visit with eye doctor. That appt took almost 3 hours! End result is I'm having cataract surgery as soon as they can get it on the schedule. We visited another doctor office so DH could get his allergy shots for the week. I had packed us a lunch so we drove out to a local lake and had a picnic before going to next appointment in town. The United Way yearly visit was today to (re)certify organization that DH volunteers at. While DH was meeting with them, LO and I did a couple of errands. We returned just in time to see the fire truck and ambulance pull up! I txt'd DH to make sure he was Okay, however he didn't respond. Turns out DH was a bit busy holding a United way person in his arms as he was having a grand mal seizure. :shock: After that excitement we had 13 minutes to travel about 3 miles to pick up DGS14 from school. Made that on time and then picked up DGS16 and GF. We did more errands and a bit of shopping for DGS's before enjoying a meal together.

Kally

Postby Kally » Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:29 pm

Got my car back from the shop. Oil change and hopefully he fixed the signal light. We'll see......... You would think that since I was stuck at home all day without wheels, I would have gotten a lot done. Well, you would be wrong! This has to stop. Why can't I just DO IT??????

Elizabeth, I'm not sure what a flowchart is, but your work sounds complicated and detailed. re dcat18: you could try shutting her out of your bedroom. I know, easier said than done.

Indiana, I liked the March trivia. I'm glad you can keep Jake. He seems like such a special dog.

Wow, OKay! You have been busy. I'm glad the ambulance wasn't for your DH. Keep us posted on your upcoming cataract surgery. Will be thinking of you.

Lynlee

Postby Lynlee » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:13 pm

I'm trying to get my old routines back in March. It may just be a token effort in some parts but the aim is to reconnect with them.

Sunny warm early autum day here. Theres more washing to get on the line - it will be dry in no time as the line gets more sun these days..

Nice to see you posting Kally.

OKay - prayers for all of you and all that your family does.

Indiana - at one stage I thought Easter was in early march too - Thinking I miss read a calendar by a month.

k. gotta move
Just begin.
Living this day, today
Take a reality check; Remember to breathe; Do what I am able to do.
Look for the good in all.

Return to “Post When You Can”