Mulberry Street Friday Conga

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Emptynester

Re: Mulberry Street Friday Conga

Postby Emptynester » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:00 pm

DH and I just made the decision that neither one of us is in any physical shape to go to the Rally, so we canceled our reservations.

I'm disappointed but relieved. Now we can just rest and heal.

Windy here as another front is coming thru. I can feel it in my bones, too.

Off for another nap. All I seem to get done is eat and sleep - but soooo tired.
It’s never too late to be what you might have been.
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.”
― C.S. Lewis

OKay

Postby OKay » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:13 pm

(((MT)))) Glad you are resting when needed.

I just finished emailing the last of the information needed for Monday. I hope. The paralegal called me 3 times this morning to discuss some details. The court appointed lawyer representing LO has submitted required paperwork to the court also. Sooooo we are ready as far as I know.

Alrighty! Moving on to more energetic tasks. Next up:
** put brisket on to cook (slow cooker)
** set up/prepare drinks
** prepare finger foods for tonight

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:32 pm

Doctor visit accomplished, new prescription in hand. Back to the flowcharts!

helia

Postby helia » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:20 pm

Popping in to let you know all is fine in helialand. I taught at the moms group Thursday. I think my upfront talking went well and I heard small group discussions went very well - but there was no large group discussion. I don't know why the women were so quiet. :shock: I guess I didn't have enough questions ready to draw them out, and I don't do well crafting questions on the spot. I'm up next week too, so I'm hoping to be better prepared to engage them in good full group discussion. The full group is about 30 - 35 women, depending on the week and the colds/flu going through our area, etc.

Tomorrow will be a busy day here since it is the judged band festival for the local schools. Dd13's band performs around 10, with sight reading following. Ds' band performs around 3, sight reading following. I'd like to get in a jog since I didn't get to that today. That will need to happen between the 2 performances b/c a church small group for girls in grades 8-9 is starting up tomorrow at 5 pm in a village about 30 miles away, and to get dd13 to that meeting, I'll need to leave at 4:20. Our adult small group meets 6 - 9:30. I may just drive straight to small group instead of driving home and then across town again. . . A friend has volunteered to bring dd13 home with her dd14 after the girls small group, so I'll go pick her up in a different (but closer) neighboring village after our adult/family small group. *phew*

We're having dinner tonight with the missionary friends (2 families) who are on furlough for a year before heading to language school and then back to Africa. We will probably discuss the possibility of spending part (or all) of dh's next sabbatical at the African University with which their medical practice will be partnering in training African MDs. We don't get invited over for dinner very often. With 3 teens, it's no wonder! :D

Other news: I jogged 3 miles on Wednesday! It took me 40 minutes, so I'm not going very fast - I was dodging mud puddles - but I did it. . .So, I'd like to repeat that jog route at least once/week, weather permitting, and see if I can whittle down my time.

Dd13 has joined the area youth symphony (grades 6-12) as of this week. They were in need of oboes, and the director contacted her oboe teacher to ask for recommendations. Dd13 and a friend from school, another 8th grader, were recommended, though her friend can't join them for another couple weeks. The symphony practices weekly for 2 hours Monday evenings. Dd13 was tickled to find a friend from church, a 7th grader, in the symphony - and she also made friends with the flutist seated next to her. This + the new girls small group + field hockey starting up again makes my upcoming schedule a little more busy, but I surely can't complain.

I'm popping in occasionally to see how you all are doing, but not properly cuoping. Not "playing" on the computer has been good for me.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:24 pm

I talked to each of you this morning but I didn't put it in a post.

We have added a pair of ducks and an owl to the crane.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Remember after our embarrassment a few nights ago of arriving at the Chief Engineer's table 30 minutes late because of a mix-up? Well, I guess that embarrassment was worth it because we are dining with the Captain tomorrow night.

Dinner wasn't great - the couple we joined were boors. The others that joined later were much better but I was stuck with the worst dinner companion I've ever had on these ships.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:03 pm

Harmony: yes we will get to Morocco but I have another day (or two) in the Canaries first.

For the next 4 days we have tours every day but only in the mornings. Off to bed now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:02 pm

Check in from here - we've had bad weather all day and some tornadoes in the area. I got to work late because of meeting at temple, and wasn't very productive - mainly from watching the weather. Came home early too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:22 pm

All of dd32's family arrived safe. No one is even sick, except dsil with allergy stuff. He forgot his OTC meds and HRH was able to give him the capsules he'd inadvertently bought. (HRH has to take half doses of all meds because he's super sensitive so capsules are useless.)

I made lasagne and we had a lovely meal. Clean up took quite a while, though, of course.

Twins Mom, I hope your weather calms down!

Thanks for checking in with us, helia. Your mention of colds, etc., reminded me to go take my evening supplements.

Wow, Kathryn, they (he?) must have been a pretty bad dinner companion.

Is the pond relatively new, Indiana? I was wondering if these are seasonal birds who are coming back or birds who have just discovered a new home.

((Emptynester)) So sorry you miss some fun but glad to hear you have some relief because you have time to feel better.

OKay, it sounds like you are being well cared-for and well-informed by the lawyer's office. I like hearing that.

Elizabeth, I hope the doctor's appt was just routine. Hope you can get some sleep tonight.

Both BookSaver and Kally's descriptions of past video and print kitchen/cooking info sounds so memorable. Here we had Betty Feezor, who was the bright spot in so many people's days, a wonderful, ladylike, smart homemaker who had a long-running tv program and wrote 4 or more cookbooks.

Harmony and Nancy, I hope you both feel better soon! Nancy, a walking stick is just a good idea for so many reasons. The extra sleep would have to be good for you, Harmony.

Hope you have a great time with your friends, Dee!

Meant to tell Cowinkie and Norma I'm so glad they get to see each other every once in a while.

bittersweet, my Conga down Mulberry Street worked out well. I had gotten most of the things I wanted done at the other house accomplished by the time dd32's family arrived. I don't guess I saw anything very amazing. I did sweep the hall carpet with a stiff broom, having very little time for floors and just needing to hit it fast. That was an oddity. I was alarmed when water pressure seemed to wane, but it turned out the small bathroom's toilet was running on and on and needed the thingamabob inside re-seated. All was well.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:39 pm

I am watching weather, concerned for some of our villagers. I hope the ones down south are all ok.

I must be feeling better. I am super hungry. I made a batch of waffles for the refrigerator (DH likes to put them in the toaster). I eat them without syrup.

DH had me "operating" on one of his feet which was sore. I guess it was just a thick callous and turns out that is his bad leg and he can't work on it any more. So, I have another job to add to my list. Now if I can just remember to take care of my own feet...

Enjoy your family, Harriet! I do hope your DDad knows everybody.

Probably smart not to go on the trip, MT, and stay home and get better.

Return to “Post When You Can”