Star-Spangled Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kally

Re: Star-Spangled Saturday

Postby Kally » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:39 pm

My internet has been unstable for the last couple of days. Don't know what's going on. Kind of a slow day here. I got my hair cut this morning. She cut it shorter than usual, seems OK.

My thoughts and prayers are with those affected by the recent storms. Our spring storm season is mainly April & May. I'm not looking forward to it.

Let's see if this will post.....

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:15 pm

Where OH Where is LucyLee???? Maybe her internet is down. I looked and her favorite team played today so maybe she went to the game and isn't home. Yup - I'm thinking she is having a good time and the storm doesn't have anything to do with her not posting.

After getting LO hair cut we took lunch to DParents. DDad said he is tired.....as in tired as I have never seen him. It was as if he has shrunk - he looked smaller than normal. After being on hospice 4 years I've become a little numb to the fact that medical experts think DDads time is limited. DMom and I talked eye-to-eye outside (where DDad couldn't hear us) today and I don't think there is any panic or denial in her. She is incredibly strong woman - upbeat even in the middle of caring for her husband of 62+ years as he slowly decline.

The house across the street from DParents went up for sale today (by owner). I went and walked through it with a small hope that it would work for us. It would take a special home to get me to agree to move into town. If I did move to town, the location of this home is perfect.....but there was just too many things that I just flat-out didn't like about the house/place. It is about $40K over priced (IMHO) and it would take another $10K of changes to make it even bearable to live in (it is carpeted through out....which I would rip out). The yard is too small for LO play area, a garden and critters. ***VBSigh*** I was a surprised how disappointed I was that the house wasn't for us. WHAT was I thinking??? I don't even want to move! I think I have caught a small case of "house fever" from DSon/DDIL. If all goes well Monday, then LO and I will leave early Tuesday to go take care of DGS5 and DGD1 while DDIL signs paperwork to purchase their new home. DSon is overseas so he left power of attorney for DDIL to sign for him.

Next up -
** update SHE cards
** read a book to LO
** Laundry twins twirling with last load (I got a little behind in laundry with being out of the house so much this week)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:38 pm

Lucylee could also be busy with family concerns with either her ddad or dfil, also. I don't think she is in the area that where tornado hit yesterday, but she could have internet/cable damage nonetheless.

Our modem had to be set this morning - don't know if that was because of storms or just because.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:28 pm

Hello!!! I'm so sorry I didn't post earlier -- I knew some of you would be concerned re: my location & the storms -- but we're fine! I think there was a funnel cloud spotted in our county, but I have not heard of any damage anywhere close by. I've just been either (a) exhausted/napping (b) busy w/dparents/dinlaws or (c) waiting for dh to turn off internet ballgames!!!

Dfil may be doing some small bit better, but doctor says he is still "very sick" and he is still in ICU.

I may be headed back up there w/dh in a minute. I'm sorry -- I just haven't had time to cuop very well lately.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:34 pm

So glad Lucy was able to check in. I'd heard there was a storm in her area.

I didn't do a whole lot today. Did clean up the kitchen nicely. We went out for a bike ride and the wind was blowing and we seemed to be pedaling against the wind and it was harder. I didn't realize how hard we were straining until we came in and I tried to walk, my legs felt like rubber! So did DH's. We both said yikes what's wrong with us. Just getting old I guess.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:57 pm

We are back from excursions today finds included book black pants & black jeans $1.oo ea. pr. yea for a bargain at the thrift shop to complete my outfit, shoes actually beaded house slippers as well. Then saw the movie joyful noise it was great and learned while having dinner granny duty begins earlier so they can get the better price on an all day rate and we may be able to make it to church if we are all well enough so it's good news all around. H. is watching his fishing show, heartland is on in a few min. poofers!

Return to “Post When You Can”