Star-Spangled Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

Star-Spangled Saturday

Postby bittersweet » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:05 am

Today in 1931, President Herbert Hoover signed a Congressional act making the Star-Spangled Banner the official national anthem of the United States.

What can you do today to be proud of your home, yourself, and your accomplishments?
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Twins' Mom

Re: Star-Spangled Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:41 am

Good morning, Bsweet! I'm at work again - it's a b-ea-u-tiful morning here after all the storms overnight. Some damage in our area. I hope all is well in Lucylee's area which had some strong storms as well. There are photos on CNN that are from this area.

I'm going to hit the bagels in the kitchen and get going!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:58 am

Yesterday, I had that song from Annie going through my head...."Tomorrow! Tomorrow!..." and finally it's here! Francis, Sebastian, and Molly are ready to go for adoption! :D :D

In honour of this momentous day, I plan to finish cleaning the foster room. It got started yesterday, but I never got back to it, what with everything else that happened. By the end of today, it will be vacuumed, steam cleaned, and generally decluttered and reorganized, so that when...and I do mean WHEN...I get new foster kittens, it'll be ready to go. I also plan to make a yummy supper in the crockpot, and it can simmer while I do some sewing in the dining room. I have far too much material in there waiting to be made into kittycat pads, so I'm going to sew up the ones that are ready, and then get a bunch more cut out. I NEED my dining room back soon!

First, of course, I'll have another cup of coffee. Cats have been fed, waterer filled, dogs let out, a scooper full of dog bombs chipped out of the snow, and chicken taken out for supper. I have about an hour and a half before I'll leave to take the kittens to the pet store. I have one other quick errand to do on the way home, and then it's busy busy busy around here for the rest of the day.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:05 am

Glad to see Twins is okay after the storms ......joining in the wait to hear from LucyLee

I'm up and going but not at my normal speed. I stayed up too late watching Grey Anatomy shows...one after another. Kindle and AP free shows with no advertisements are a powerful temptation for me. I try to use them as reward.

Next up -
** D2Boots
** kitchen to MM (just a few breakfast dishes to do)
** Laundry Twins twirling

OKay

Postby OKay » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:30 pm

to satisfy my curiosity why it seems to take me FOREVER to get the simplest of task done.......and to see if I am procrastinating on doing them, I wrote down everything I did since I last posted (little over an hour). I completed 22 items. 8 of them were supporting LO (bath, dressed, teeth brushed, etc) , 2 of them were MPB tasks (daily gross processed, troubleshooting cc/internet problem for DH). Soooo this told me NO, I am not procrastinating on getting things done and I'm not sidetracking.....I am under estimating how much of time is needed to support other needs. I'm feeling better now about being sooo slow on getting just 3 things done. :) :D :D

Next up-
** LO hair cut
** lunch prep/served/cleaned up
** LO down for his nap

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:51 pm

I'm up bs is down today yea. Had a bit of head ache this morn sinuses are acting up some what. Coffee is good. H. was up first so I need to make the bed get my breakfast h. is working at getting his done now before his show comes on. It is 11* warmer than it was yesterday when I got up dark clouds north of here look like rain or something. :arrow:

:idea: Moving on to brighter topics. :idea:
I need to open up the rose bushes and get them soaking in a pail of water. Speaking of gardens. Yesterday at the Realtor's office I saw an add for the cutest cottage it was immaculate with a very pretty garden the price was in our range that makes me think it's out in the boonies some where.

I found a skirt at the thrift store to big but got it for the fabric or to take in a pretty blue print wish me luck figuring out what to do with it. I'm still looking for black pants. I also got a sheet dgson can use when he sleeps over and a tooth brush still in the packaging so he can use that as well. [Now to find one for dgd too.] I found a small book bag thinking it would be for dgd but I used it when I went to the library it was the perfect size so I extended the straps maybe it will have to be mine. I now have 10 puppets done for this next batch. Some are so cute we both laugh out loud! :mrgreen:

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:58 pm

Good Morning Ladies,

Stopping by before heading off to work.

Internet was down for awhile here, we moved things around and disconnected it for awhile.

We are still having wonderful weather here, has been a mild winter.

Tummy woes here too, think I might be taking too much ibuprofen for achey joints, so stopped taking it and ate soups for a few days. Feeling a little better, joints are stiff but just doing things in slow motion for a while.

Okay--hope everything goes well on Monday.

Going to spend some time checking up on what's going on.

Waving to all.

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Hi everybody! It's a beautiful, bright day here. I went to bed last night with a bit of apprehension, the tornado watch box was right over where our northern relatives live. But we haven't heard anything so all must be well.

Twins, I'm glad you made out ok. Have we heard from Lucy?

Kinda chilling out today. I did do a proposal and an email for DH. He went off to collect a check and take the proposal to this guy in case he didn't look at his email.

Been sewing. Coming down the home stretch. After I rolled it to the newest area last night, I worked just a bit on it but stopped because my fingers were sore. DH looks at it this morning and complains that I didn't do much last evening. I think he is getting anxious to see it done. This after all the grumbling about how long it was taking me!

Wanted to tell Nancy, when we moved here I dug up the rose bush I'd had for 9 years there and brought it here. I planted another flowering bush in its place. But I had it blooming here for a couple years before it died and I was sad, but I still think it was the right thing to do. Anyone over there wouldn't have cared about the rose bush.

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Sat Mar 03, 2012 4:30 pm

I was puttering earlier and I'm getting ready to read.

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:56 pm

Hello, villagers ~

What are you reading these days, Indiana?

Hmm ... I would never even consider putting "Okay" and "procrastinating" in the same sentence ... girlfriend sometimes gets more done in an hour than I do all day!

I did manage to get around to all of the stops on the errands list yesterday in spite of the snowstorm.

Had blood drawn (she got it on the 1st stick, yay!) to re-check Vitamin D.
Stopped at IHOP for lunch and had Green Eggs & Ham in honor of Dr. Seuss's birthday. Their Green Eggs = scrambled eggs with spinach. Not quite as tasty as what I usually get there, the spinach & mushroom omelet.
Paid property taxes. Picked up a few groceries.

Stopped in at the library and ordered the "Clara's Kitchen" book on interlibrary loan. Picked up a book that had arrived for me, about 1920s fashions. It had actually been sitting there for a few days, they forgot to call and tell me it was there. So far there is no charge for interlibrary loans, although they may soon have to start asking for a minimal fee to help pay for the postage.

Then I came home and cooked a big pot of pinto beans, 2/3 of which went into containers for the freezer. The remaining 1/3 went into a big pot of chili. We ate half of the chili last night, and tomorrow night I'll layer the other half with tortillas and cheese.

The rest of the evening I more or less vegged in front of the TV. I try not to do that too often, but it was a reward for the end of a rough week. I multi-tasked by looking through the library books during commercials.

Today DH and I have been just taking it easy at home. We have leftovers for supper. I'm kind of in the mood to do some work in the kitchen, though (inspired by reading that Destination 1940 blog), so I think I'll go put together some Gift in a Jar soup mixes for the pantry.

Return to “Post When You Can”