New Deal Sunday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: New Deal Sunday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:42 pm

I only got one package ready to go, will try for the other this round. Chili is bubbling away. I also ran vinegar through the coffee maker as it's been sluggish.

-clear kitchen counters (again)
-set the table
-do a floor swiffering (Macs is shedding like crazy, cleaning lady will be here tomorrow but we're having guests tonight....)
-pack up another package and put in the car
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:02 pm

Hello. (OKay) sorry about DMil, glad the hospital didn't have to keep her.

It turned chilly this morning. We had windows open and fan going and watched the temperature go down rapidly outside. It was really gusty windy outside, but I was reminded not to feel bad about it, as it surely could have been worse. Harriet, did see that story about the children in the storm. So very sad.

DH is off to youth group and I need to clean up the kitchen and get the garbage and recycling gathered up. I've been sewing. Home stretch now.

OKay

Postby OKay » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:25 pm

Up from a rest. I didn't sleep but I did lay down while feeding my addiction of watching back-to-back episodes of Grey A. I am on season 5 of 8?? so over half done. :roll:

LO is driving the tractor around the pasture (while sitting in DH lap) so I have some time alone.

Next up -
** Bible study/prayer/memorization
** MPB daily gross processed
** Update SHE cards

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:19 pm

We made it by grocery A and grocery B. Rather a lot to put away when we got home. Also got gas in the car. Back home I renewed 2 prescriptions at pharmacy A.

My ddad had fallen asleep watching Idiot Abroad and HRH didn't realize it, so I had to wake him to get him to bed.

Bike put away after dd13's long ride today, all outdoor evening chores done.

Time to get busy on that load of laundry so that it can be hung to drip dry before bed.

Cowinkie

Postby Cowinkie » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Evenin' y'all

Well I've been beautified and I like the results. I was able to face time with ds for an hour.... That's where I can see him on my phone, like skype with the computers. I never thought I would like doing that especially when ds calls early my time. Sometimes he catches me with sleep in my eyes and my hair looking like a bird's nest :o

I ended up doing everything I needed to do and am now sitting with my feet watching the news. Dinner is done as well. I still have papers to grade but may pull another Lucylee and do it tomorrow ;)

I haven't mentioned that I had a car accident the other week. I was rear-ended. My trailer hitch took most of the force but I am being troubled by a sore neck and headaches.
Classic whiplash at best. Had this happen to me many years ago so I know what to do but it is annoying to say the least.

Yes twins it has been a wonderful experience to make Norma a really time friend. Think of the possibilities with meeting everyone in the village. Willis is nudging me for attention... Bitters to y
All
Live boldly, take risk, no regrets...Jillian Michaels

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:25 pm

Good Sunday evening to all! Yes it is still windy here. I am very glad that our Villagers are all right, but sorry that so many were hurt by these storms. Temp. here is supposed to be 54*.

OKay... I'm glad to hear your dmil was able to come home from ER today.

BitterSweet... I'm enjoying your little U.S. history lessons in your opening posts!

Harriet... It's fun to read of your visits with dd's little family. It brings back memories of when our three dsons were young. Those were good times!

No company yesterday -- ddil#1's dbro and his family are visiting from a state in New England. This weekend just happened to be time for our local rock club to have their annual rock and gem show so dh and I went for a little while. It was a really nice one so we asked dfam#2 if they wanted to meet us there this afternoon for a little while. There were about 17 vendors from many different states set up with all kinds of finished jewelry, rough stone for cutting, findings, tools, specimens & etc. Dgds 17 and 10 always enjoy seeing everything and each bought something with beads and leather necklace to put together. We bought some tumbled stones and small slabs to make a few more trees. Dgd10 had to go meet her girl scout troop to sell g.s. cookies at 3 pm, so we all left together. They couldn't come to our house, but we were glad to be able to visit with them today.

Dgd17 is in 11th grade and this semester is taking a class in childcare. This was her weekend to have the "real life" baby doll. She has a thingy like a watch she wears on her wrist and when the "baby" cries she scans a spot on the body that records the action and she has to take care of whatever the baby needs, fed, change diaper, burp, etc. She said it woke her two nights and a couple of times during the day to take care of it. She said the teacher is good and they have a fun time in class, but she's "not sure about ever having any kids". :lol:

On the way home today I saw a gas station with a price sign of $3.75.9/gallon. :shock: :( Yikes --- it is still climbing!

It was nice to see Cowinkie and Norma and dhs able to get together and enjoy each others company.

That's about all the excitement we had today. I'm going to chill out the rest of the evening and read a little while. Waving to everyone! P.S. to Cowinkie ---- sorry to hear about your accident; hope the aches and pains don't last long!
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:05 pm

We made it to church today, then went to get dgd's fav. blankie, and after that saw that the bass hole looked like it's been planted lots of people were there fishing. After that we went to see the prep. for then new foundation on sil's newest building site and then it was to the park as is was only one block out of our way dgd had a lot of fun. We had lunch then off on a walk pushing her in the stroller and got to see 1 day old baby goats SO cute! H. is fishing, dgd napped and it's nearly time for dinner now. Finished one more puppet.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:06 pm

I wish gas was only $3.75.9/gallon here!! Alberta is the cheapest province in Canada right now for gas, and here in Edmonton, it's $4.15.4/gallon. In the more expensive places like Vancouver, it's $5.32.6/gallon!! :shock:

I got sidetracked, and didn't go back upstairs yet to finish vacuuming the kitten room. That WILL get done today, though. I did manage to make supper, and DH is off to work. DS has a friend over, and they're watching Walking Dead. Not my type of show...

The banana bread still needs making, the dishes need doing, evening critter care is demanding my attention *sigh* How is it I do so much every day, and never seem to make any headway?

Perhaps the fact that I keep getting sidetracked? Since I wrote the previous paragraphs, I wandered off into the kitchen, got about 80% of the dishes done, and cleaned the downstairs cat boxes. After I knit a few more rows (just a kittycat blanket I'm working on), I'll go get the banana bread in the oven to bake while I get some things done upstairs.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:14 am

How is it I do so much every day, and never seem to make any headway? - bittersweet

Me, too! How IS that?!?

Exercise has not been in the cards for the 3rd straight night. Sigh. Company is gone now, but my ddad just has not been able to rest this early evening. I think falling asleep on the couch was a problem - HRH didn't realize it happened like I would have, but I had to be at grocery store. At this point, it's time to give it up today and get to bed.

Grandboys called after zoo trip. I was surprised they said the largest animal they saw was a buffalo, but now understand it is not the season to be able to see African animals, so they were limited to North American zoo animals. They were very excited anyway, about snakes and spiders mostly!!! I'm sure they will sleep tonight.

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:30 am

I truly don't have a clue where all this housework comes from, Harriet!!! However...the banana bread is baking, the dishes are all finished, and the trash has been taken out. Now I'm going to knit a couple more rows, and then go finish the vacuuming. I'll probably also make sure all the clean laundry is put away, and start gathering up the dirty stuff. Once the banana bread is out of the oven (another 45 minutes), I think I'll call it quits for the night on housework. I have quite enough non-housework projects to take up the rest of the evening.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Return to “Post When You Can”