15 Days Till Spring Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
bittersweet

15 Days Till Spring Monday PWYC

Postby bittersweet » Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 am

On March 20, 2012, at 1:14am EDT, the vernal equinox occurs. Of course, that doesn't usually mean much here in Alberta...it takes until at least April before any lasting signs of spring actually show up.

Also...just for Harriet's DD...on this day in 1963, the Hula Hoop was patented by the Wham-O company.

I am once again up at a ridiculously early hour, and will be indulging in a nap later this morning before heading to dMum's for the afternoon. First, however, I have a few things on my "ToDo" list.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

lucylee

Re: 15 Days Till Spring Monday PWYC

Postby lucylee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:33 am

I donwanna go to school today.

* sigh * Maybe I'll find some get-up-n-go in the shower.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:39 am

I donwanna go to work today, either.

Just flushed ddogs and a raccoon out from under the house. Need to be back home in three hours to get dogs to the vet - Moe gets stitches out and Macs gets bloodwork done.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Indiana

Postby Indiana » Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:52 am

No school or work outside my home today. I have plenty to keep me busy.

OKay

Postby OKay » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:02 am

BSweet - Spring is a wonderful thing to anticipate.

LucyLee - hope your day goes well.

Wondering how Twins flushed a raccoon from under her house???? Water hose? tempting it with food? An interesting puzzle to keep my brain occupied with. :)

Indiana - you are always an inspiration. I love it when you are able to post.

LO is dressed and ready to be picked up by 3 of the 4 generations. He is going with them on an "adventure" today and will return to us this evening.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:11 am

The dogs had it cornered and were going crazy - I went out (barefoot, work pants, no bra but dh's tee shirt on, hair wet from shower :shock: ) and yelled at dogs to get in the house...they must have hesitated long enough that the raccoon streaked out with the dogs right behind it - my mind registered that there were three streaks that went by. Once the raccoon was out he made it to their invisible fence and up a tree and I was yelling at the dogs to "Get in the house! Now!"

Too much excitement for me.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:11 am

Captain just came on to inform us that there is a major technical problem with the engines and they have to be stopped. That means we are still in the water and the stabilizers had to be pulled in.

It is dead-calm outside so there is just a gentle rocking.

He interrupted my nap for this.

I'm behind on updating you all because I'm just incapable of writing - I've written so much I'm out of words.

Yesterday was the third island in the Canaries and this morning we were back on the continent of Africa, in Agadir, Morocco. It was really interesting and we had an excellent guide once more.

Now we are to be sailing to Casablanca. We'll see what happens.

At this point we have power so are doing a quick internet connection.

Edited to add: our cabin is basically on top of the stabilizers so we can hear them being drawn in right now. Immediately, the rocking became more noticeable. Interesting.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:36 am

H. is going to unemployment to check about a job at church he heard a company is hiring they got two new contracts hoping this is good news.

I have some things to do to get ready for the Realtor tour tomorrow, I'm SO glad I did some things on Sat. night so it's not so much to do today. I picked up the living room, I'll do a rbr and spiff the bathrooms later after h. is up and around.

I still have the two roses to plant as well hoping for nice weather.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:38 am

Underway again on one engine. The second one should be brought online shortly.

Kally

Postby Kally » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:44 am

Good morning! My "to do" list looks strangely like yesterday's. Every flat surface in my house has become a place to put stuff. If I could train myself to put things away after I use them, my house would look much better. Never too old to change, right? Today's focus is once again/still my bedroom, including laundry.

The hula hoop was patented in 1963? I would have guessed a few years earlier.

Hope Lucylee found her get-up-and-go.

Indiana said, "I have plenty to do to keep me busy." Me too, Indiana, me too......

OKay, I hope LO enjoys his adventure.

Twins' Mom, thanks for the visual of your morning adventure. It gave me a chuckle. How is Moe getting along?

Yikes, Kathryn! Hope the engine problem is fixed very soon. Update: I see it is!

Nancy, good luck to H. on the employment prospects.

Off I go, will be back later to report progress......I hope

Return to “Post When You Can”