Tuesday Extraordinary Perseverance

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday Extraordinary Perseverance

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:44 am

With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable.~Thomas Foxwell Buxton

I'll direct my perseverance toward tax return prep today - where's your perseverance directed? Routines? Elder Care? (Thinking of Harriet!) Wellness (Indiana!) Writing (Kathryn!)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday Extraordinary Perseverance

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:49 am

I'm at work, stopped on the way and got some purple tulips for my desk although it turns out the stems are extremely floppy. I have a full day ahead. "Should" vote today but may not - I will be in primary that is uncontested so I'm debating how much my vote actually counts, especially in light of tax season hours and a shortened day yesterday with ddogs at vet.

No examples of dog perseverance this morning, thank goodness. I left them outside in the sunshine.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:40 am

It's a payroll day for me, too. Back to work after four days off that weren't nearly long enough! It's also a late day, so I've got some time to do a few things around here before heading out. Before I get busy, though...I'm going to have another cup of coffee and plan my morning.
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

bittersweet

Postby bittersweet » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:16 am

Alright...I've got two hours to work with (or a bit less if I want to run a couple of errands on the way to work) Here's what I'm going to do with my time.....

- downstairs critter care
- upstairs critter care
- put away clean dishes
- sew two kittycat pads
- put/throw away 10 things in living room

- wash dishes
- put/throw away 10 things in dining room
- put/throw away 10 things from computer desk
- sew two more kittycat pads
- water indoor plants

If I get through all that, I'll be happy!
"Write it on your heart that every day is the best day of the year." Ralph Waldo Emerson

Elizabeth

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:15 pm

Good morning! I made progress in the sewing room last night, almost a whole box mostly thrown away, some put away. I did not do any desealing on the bathtub. I also did not work on Bug-A-Boo, I decided that it needed another day of glue drying. I remembered to excercise, only for 5 minutes, but that is better than 0 minutes. I worked late at payroll. Today's payroll task is to get more flowcharts done. Tonight is Girls' Night Out, which is very likely Chinese food + Chuck E Cheese. I always sew at CEC, so I will probably clean out my sewing bag there. I stayed up too late last night, but did manage to get up at a reasonable time anyway.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:36 pm

Wow it is quiet around here today.

I guess everybody is hard at work.

I have been hardly working. Just a few minutes at my desk, a couple hours sewing (and that's where my ordinary talent / extraordinary perseverance comes in) fielded a bunch of phone calls.... I am off to get some groceries now. I have church meeting this evening so I'll need to get my notebook in order and make some copies. BBL

Kally

Postby Kally » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:03 pm

My perseverance today will be directed toward getting errands accomplished and continuing to declutter my bedroom.

This morning i took Colby to the vet. He (Colby, not the vet) is "seriously thin", not really a surprise. He will now get special food and antibiotics for a uti. Giving a cat antibiotics is not something I do very well. Usually we end up with medicine all over me, the furniture, walls & floor. It's amazing how far 25cc of liquid will spray. Very little ends up inside the critter, but I will try. I need more hands and arms to really be able to do it successfully.

The rest of errands include:
pharmacy for prescriptions
take scripts to DMother & visit with her
farm supply store for dry cat food
WM for supplies
grocery store for bottled water & groceries

Then back to continue with the laundry saga.

Waving to Harmony, Elizabeth, bittersweet, Twins' Mom, and all who follow!

Sadie

Postby Sadie » Tue Mar 06, 2012 2:42 pm

Hello dear ladies,

Extremely windy here in my corner of the world.

The village is very quiet. Hoping that means good news for many. Was hoping to see a post from Okay with positive results.

I will persevere in my dailies today. Still having a hard time getting the weeklies done, or should say all the weeklies done. Some of these have become monthlies, although they should be done at least every other week.Only so much time and energy available.

Made appointments for DH and Dbrother for this month at dr office for refills. Mine is coming up in April. I might mention my lack of energy then but I don't know I hate to get started on something that just leads to discovering I'm just getting old. I'm trying accomplish the same amount of stuff I did in my 30's and 40's and not succeeding.

Going to sit on the front porch for awhile and get some Vitamin D. Will have to make sure I'm fastened down good.

Have a great day all!

Sunny

Postby Sunny » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:25 pm

I'm taking a break to finish my lunch and cuop. Just realized that I didn't post yesterday, though I did cuop a few times. ...Not that anything interesting is going on with me here!

Monday's are usually a quiet days for us, having had busy weekends. The house is still clean, just needing a little pick up in dining room and kitchen. So I use Monday as a desk day. I got my notes written and bills organized for the month.

Dh just got home from grocery shopping at w-m. He got the fixin's for stuffed cabbage and we needed dog food. He brought a 36lb bag and used our small dolly to bring it in. The large bag doesn't fit into the plastic storage can, so I filled the popcorn tin full then divided the rest into two 15 lb. bags I keep for that. One fits into the can, the other sits on top. I have cabbage cooking now and rice for the ground meat. We always make a couple of large batches so some can be frozen. We'll use it when dfam#3 visits next month.

Kally, hope Colby will be better soon.

Twins', purple tulips on your desk sound very pretty and spring-like.

Nice to see Cats and others today.

I'm going to go back and reread Kathryn's travelogue from yesterday. I just skimmed over it quickly earlier.
Start by doing what's necessary, then what's possible, and suddenly you are doing the impossible. --- Francis of Assisi

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:36 pm

Lash yourself to ballast, Sadie!
If you mention tiredness at your/our age, the kneejerk reaction (if you have not already been tested) will be to test your TSH (thyroid) levels . If you haven't been tested, it's just an insurance-covered blood test and even if you do nothing about it at least you will have a baseline. My dr now says he wishes I had a baseline from before I needed to do anything about it! (As soon as he tested I was obvious, so I didn't get that benefit.)

Thank you for thinking of me, Twins Mom. A calmer day here today with eldercare. So far. I think sometimes tulips are attractive droopy, but you have to have a lot of them for that. Is there some way you can make a mesh/weave over the top of the vase to support more stems, or would that just damage the stems? I remember someone crossing scotch tape over a vase in an office once, just to give a little more support - nicely invisible, but I think those were stiffer stems and don't know if tulip stems could stand up to tape edges without getting cut. Come to think of it, I believe they rolled the middle of a strip of tape and left the ends open to tape to the outer edges of the vase.

bittersweet, do you keep your sewing machine out all the time?

Hope your sewing project sets up well and is ready for stitches soon, Elizabeth.
You and Nancy are both enjoying the creation of imaginative cloth critters.

Kally, yes you need a helper, a plan, and as calm a moment as you can manage for giving meds to a cat. I've never thought of picking up cat food at the farm supply store - but we do go ahead and get dry dog food there when we pick up chicken feed. (HRH is an old softie, so Sammie gets both dry and wet food every day.)

Sunny, the Iams dog food company actually made their own canister container that was based on the size/shape of a popcorn tin and I think it was super smart of them. We use ours all the time for whatever feed is almost out. The only difference is that it has little handles and their ad for a design. Very helpful size.

I just folded laundry while and put away.
I'll be making lasagne for supper, since HRH bought twice too much of several ingredients while dd32's family was here! Also he refuses to buy any dairy near its code date, so wouldn't buy the correct size carton of ricotta, only the larger (but within code) one, so I'm loaded with the stuff! He loves lasagne - I wonder if he did this on purpose!

Return to “Post When You Can”