Early to Rise Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Early to Rise Monday

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:19 am

“Morning is an important time of day, because how you spend your morning can often tell you what kind of day you are going to have.”
~ Lemony Snicket

Hi Ho, Hi Ho! It's off to early we go!

Joining the ranks of those with new times on their alarm clocks!

The school year has greeted us here with some gridlock, confusion and general excitement, as usual! No more stretchy, calm mornings! Hi Ho, Hi Ho!

Wait a minute...
The children are in school.... with others caring for them.... there are hours before dismissal...
AND NOW WE DO THE DANCE OF JOY!

Of course that is certainly NOT what I am doing. Certainly not. How inappropriate. ;)

I'm back from the school run and various errands and have fielded school-counselor emails.

Twins' Mom

Re: Early to Rise Monday

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:31 am

LOL, Harriet! I recall the back to school dance of joy, usually followed by a nice morning walk when dkids were younger!

Busy day here, appt for me at 9:40 and mother at 1 or 1:30. Must call to ck on her appt as she will be anxious about the time. ;)

Going to jump in the shower then walk ddogs and it's off I go.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:37 am

And two days ago, this teacher appreciation video (scroll down to second window to avoid commercial) was released in the county where my dd34 works - sort of left the bus drivers out, though, they should be appreciated!

(These were videos discussed by all the parents at church yesterday - didn't find them on my own, lol!)

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:32 am

Good morning! I can remember all those years of Mother apprehension on the first day of school. I would think, "can I do this all year, can I keep up with this schedule, can I keep track of all that the kids need to do, manage all the sign papers, deal with the bus, etc." and I never thought until now how this stupid anxiety I get contributed to that...

Gradually we settled into a routine and got through things one day at a time. Good luck to all our students!

How I spend my mornings....... I hope today is better than my morning so far. Angry person on the phone and DH loud and trying to calm this person down, and the computer and TV blaring (why won't he get a hearing aid?) and all this right outside my door as I tried to sleep. Much work done to clear up this problem. I'm the only organized person in my huge circle of customers, family, friends and things fall to me..

Going to restart my day. Need to clean up kitchen, desk, floors. 8-)

Oh My, y'all watch the video, it's great!

BookSaver
Administrator

Postby BookSaver » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:36 am

Good morning, villagers ~
Just popping in quickly between storms. Earlier this morning as the lightning was flashing and the lights were flickering, the radio dj announced the current weather as "partly cloudy this morning with chance of showers this afternoon." :o :?: OK, that particular radio station is located about 20 miles from Tiny Town, but still ... :?

I had scheduled errands for this afternoon. Now I'm going to wait and see what the sky looks like later. We have plenty of food in the house so I don't really have to go out if it's still stormy.

Did anyone else see Nicki Minaj's wardrobe malfunction at the VMA's last night? Yikes. I used to do quick changes at the theatre all the time, and a broken zipper was always my worst nightmare. Poor woman. Although she probably doesn't mind because she's getting a lot of publicity from it!

Must get some computer work done before the thunder returns.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:11 am

Morning ya'll

Harriet you will find the videos a theholdernessfamily.com
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:16 am

Tomorrow is the first day of school here. Today is the last day of summer break. I have laundry going store run done. Bed is made, no kids here this a. m.

Cool out 60* feels like fall to me.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 am

Yes, I was early to rise to get to 9:40 nurse practitioner appt for sleep apnea. I was done at 10:40, and she apologized for running late. :D I ran by Tar-jay afterward to buy a new food processor - I hope I made a good decision. I don't need a large one, mainly use it to chop veggies for recipes when I don't want to take the time to do by hand. Now I'm thinking about Rosh Hashana, when I make a chopped fish - gefilte fish as an appetizer and use food processor to chop up.

Yesterday I started chopping onions for lasagne and realized the food processor wasn't chopping. One of the two blades was loose from it rivets. Considering it was a wedding gift 28 years ago, I think we've done okay with it.

I need to head back out soon for dmom's dr appointment.
-clear kitchen counters and breakfast bar and wipe down
-make the bed
-start lol
-clear kitchen table
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:13 pm

Morning daily card done well. Laundry drip-drying. Breakfast of a homemade fruit salad, yum.

Email back from dd, and it looks like she may not need a counselor to change her schedule after all. There is a logical explanation for all the question marks raised when we saw it. New course names, new requirement that foreign language classes must follow each other without break, and a system change in honors science all had us wondering what was going on. This is the best semester they can line up for her, to be ready with a solid course load to assure colleges. So strange to be thinking of college so "early". :(

Delivery of a package from "The River A" included Tobias' new flying bird toy. :D We have been playing. (whoosh, whoosh) Also shoes for HRH and the vitally important :roll: rubber-sided phone case for dd. She'll be so relieved - her old one fell apart and she does NOT want to drop her unprotected phone in a school hallway.

Enjoyed a chat with our mailman, who has just gotten back from a happy beach trip. He also delivered my package of the new Hudson River landscape art stamps I'd ordered in advance. We talked about all the new stamps, since he's an avid collector. He was interested to know what was in my package since now he knows his will be in his mail today, too.

DeeClutter
Administrator

Postby DeeClutter » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:29 pm

Of course that is certainly NOT what I am doing. Certainly not. How inappropriate. ;)
You do crack me up, Harriet! I always somewhat hated it when the dks were due back at school -but soon got into that routine. Had to with 5 of them! :? Your dd16 will be off to college before we even know it I'm afraid. Look at Twins' 2 -already almost to graduation college! How did THAT happen?

Dh had his physical this morning and now has an appointment with the orthopedist for his right knee. It's been giving him trouble for many weeks and only got worse when he was pushed off the top of a dumpster with the excavator. He was up on top trying to push a mattress in when the machine operator threw the excavator in gear and it knocked him off to the ground. But he hesitates to label it a 'work injury'. That conjures up a whole new set of problems. :( He actually knows the Dr from go-kart racing. He's the same ortho who has treated DGS14's different 'breaks' and did DS-R's shoulder surgery in January. And the secretary also knew dh from go karting -so I'm sure it will be 'old home week' when he goes in. Has an appointment for Sept 19th unless something opens up before then. She told me to call in every day if I want to see if there's an earlier cancellation. So will do that.

Dh's dniece called from CA last night. She and her Mom plan to visit an aunt in extreme northeastern NY State around Sept 13th. She wants to come here the 16th and go back. I still don't think she realizes how far it actually is. They fly into Burlington, VT on the 11th and she'd have to rent a car. Then did we have space for them to sleep? Not really. DD does but I'm not sure she's real happy with people she doesn't know using her MH. :roll: As much as I'd like to see them, I'm almost hoping they decide they can't really do this. DXSisIL is 80 and the dsis they'll visit is 90. She also plans to go spend a day or so with a cousin. DD flies in real late on the 17th so they would 'pass in the night'. Am I terrible for really not wanting them to come??? Dh has seen them in his travels to the west coast for the Big Yellow Box. Dh is not really close to his db (who lives about 8 miles from dd in FL BTW). He's 11 years older than dh and they just never became close and as well a lot of his db's values are definitely not either of ours! He and xwife and 5 kids had moved to CA shortly after the birth of our dShelley and he was divorced some years later. Some of his own dks don't even talk to him now. Sad.
Begun is half done -SO! JUST BEGIN!!

Return to “Post When You Can”