Tuesday Tripping

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Tuesday Tripping

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:51 pm

Talked to ds/ddil...
Talked to dmom...
Both conversations were disturbing... J&C...
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:22 pm

I'm really excited and just a bit apprehensive for married DFriends. Months ago they decided to go for their dreams. Her dream was to have a bakery/restaurant. His dream was to be at state level politics. Today is run-off for his political office. Will he win? Tonight they are holding the watch party in her newly constructed bakery/restaurant. She quietly opened a couple weeks ago but has held off officially announcing the grand opening until after his election so they could both focus on campaigning. It takes a lot of guts to go for big dreams. I admire their courage and hard work in pursuing their dream.

LO homework and book reading is done. It took right at an hour.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:41 pm

Ooohhh... I hope your dfriend wins his election, LadyM! :D
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:22 pm

Hens check in Casey will live she has gotten a bath that she seemed to enjoy and I treated her wounds. I held her in a towel for a while she seemed to nap while I chatted with the neighbors I put her in the chicken ICU aka coop and she settled in. Chicks had recess and a crate to hide in away from hens. Hearded them back in with a towel.

This is the first time I bathed a hen and I am putting that on my resume! LOL!

Cleaned the coop and run and the bathroom after the hen bath in need the sink.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Good job, Nancy. The best thing you can do for her is isolate her and see how she heals. She could still be broken up in some way you don't see, but you're giving her her best chance. Do you think these dogs will continue to be trouble? Was she bloody? I know some people believe dogs get "the taste for blood" and do the same again.

That's not small, lucylee. That's a big chore.

Best wishes for tomorrow, Twins' Mom. Drink water.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:26 pm

After dinner I took LO to water spray park and played catch with him. Then we watched a couple inning of high school girls softball game. We headed home when the alarm went of for bath/bedtime routine.

Most of the election results are in and it isn't looking favorable for DFriend. :( He carried this part of the state but other parts his opponent did better.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:32 pm

Harriet, no the hen was not bloody the dogs just got a mouthful of feathers I think. I have not seen those dogs around here. But they might be from up the road.

The hen Casey is out in the run broody hens and chicks are going in and out ignoring her she is gimping around a wee bit. I put the short step ladder in the coop for a short roost thinming she miht use it.

H. called from work and asked how the hen is.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:46 pm

Home!

Will post when I unpack my computer.

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:32 pm

Nancy, you are a very good hen Mommy. I hope your hen recovers. We had sheep / lambs up north. A german sheppard chewed up one of our sheep and we chased it away and took the sheep to the vet but it died. It is so sad when one of our own animals gets injured this way.

I completely forgot to vote today. I would have voted if I'd felt better and remembered. We always do. At least this was just a primary. DH forgot also.

I got up this morning feeling rotten and I forced myself to do important stuff at my desk while I pondered what to do. Finally decided this was not going away so I got cleaned up and changed and went to the walk-in clinic. Dr. there was one I'd seen for years but they'd said he retired. He told me he got out of family practice before O.Care kicked in. He helps out at their walk-in.

Stopped at drug store for meds and they took so long I thought they were going to charge me rent. I was at the end of my endurance when they finally got it done. So far nothing feels like it's helping and I do feel "ill" from them too. I hope that passes. Bad UTI and still that flu after a week hanging on. Kathryn, I hope yours does not hang on like mine seems to be.

Unhappy that this hit now, I cannot go see my friend in the hospital. She called today and just sounds awful. I picked up another get well card to send and I've made a bunch of phone calls letting people know how she is, our committee and our small group too.

Ok, guess I'll get back into bed. DH made me some canned chicken soup tonight, it tasted pretty good.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:51 pm

Dinner was good. Being able to compare the Fish & Chips on the Seaway at the Seaside was great (they compared very, very, well.)

The house looks fine. We opened windows and checked out the new septic system. It has finally been filled in. There was no mail to pick up (which seems weird since the business mail still goes to the village post office.

It only took three trips up to unload all the car. Dh took up the suitcases (they trail behind) and brought down the grocery car while the car was at the main door. That way we could open the doors without worrying about hitting the cars on either side of us in the garage. Then I took up the cooler and first load of stuff in the cart while dh moved the car to the garage. Finally, I came down with the emptied cart, we refilled it with stuff from the back of the car and I carried a few light things. I was impressed since it felt like there'd be way more trips.

Within 15 minutes of being on the floors, my knees hurt. After 90 minutes my foot hurt so much, I couldn't stand any more. So things are only part put away. I'll have to work on it tomorrow. In the meantime, after being almost completely pain free (as far as the foot goes) for the past 12 days, I'm unbelievably discouraged.

Return to “Post When You Can”