Furthering Goals Friday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
helia

Re: Furthering Goals Friday

Postby helia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:07 pm

Well, one big goal has been accomplished today. . . .

Dd16 passed her drivers license test!! :D :D

Sorry for yelling, but with my upcoming payroll, this is huge! Dh took her out of school to the testing appointment and texted me that she had passed. She can now drive herself to (1) weekly oboe lessons (2) weekly drumline practices (3) evening band rehearsals (4) evening orchestra rehearsals, when those start (assuming she will be seated high enough to be required to join the symphony orchestra) (5) synchro practices, if she decides to do that again this year (6) friends' homes (7) church youth group functions (8) visits with dd18 at her dorm (9) shopping she needs to do that is not within walking distance. . and this list could go on and on, as you can imagine!!

I went to WW even though I had gained almost 3 lbs. Ugh! I knew I gained during my trip and then I was not good about getting back on the program once home. I was proud of myself for going with a known gain, though.

Tutoring session #1 is done. Tutoring session #2 is in 3 hours.

Next here:
- finish lunch
- finish a.m routine
- finish prep for A

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:18 pm

Congrats to Helia's dd! So happy for Helia because her days have just become a lot more manageable!

Mended dh's shorts. I figured 1) it would get them off the chair in the bedroom, making it look neater and 2) he had just repaired stuff for me so it was the least I could do in return.

Still feeding the laundry machines.

Will start hard boiled eggs for my lunch so I can have them with a salad. Gotta keep eating up the lettuce!

Harmony

Postby Harmony » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:27 pm

Congratulations to helia's DD!
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO MR. & MRS. FFRIEND.

My goal for today was to go grocery shopping and do a bunch of cooking. Maybe not going to happen, we'll see.

I thought I'd fill out a little form before I got going on the goal but then that turned into a big huge project and here I sit wth a pile of papers...

And I need to go move trucks again with DH...so we'll see what today gets done!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:29 pm

I have a cooking day today it seems. I have peels grated carrots gratted zucchini am getting ready to make up some meat loaf and will think about breads.
Nearly done watering back yard.
ToddlerN is here.

Wtg Helia's dd!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

helia

Postby helia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:31 pm

Thanks, Kathryn! Yes, eating lettuce. . . . .

I forgot what is probably the most significant driving errand dd16 can now do: drive herself to and from school.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:04 pm

Yeah for Helia AND her dd. This surely will make both of your lives easier. How exciting for you dd. She sounds like such a terrific girl :D And congrates for going back to WW ... Know that must have been hard, but good for you for making a difficult decision.

Finish my desk, paid bills, next up is kitchen, Dump Anything Dead from my refrig, give Frances a clean home, gather plants to central area and water. Bed remade with fresh sheets, dirty ones are in the dryer...footprints have been removed.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

helia

Postby helia » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:09 pm

Thank you for the kind wishes, nancy, Harmony, RR.

I think I remember you're leaving today, RR.
I like the idea of a cooking day, nancy. It seems like a great idea - but I've never done it, beyond doubling a recipe for a meal in the freezer to eat later.
Oh, I hate it when filling out a form turns into a major project, ((Harmony)). I still have forms to fill out for dd16's school year. this is the first time I've been so late with them. Kind of symptomatic of my current life.
Happy for the good news re: Macs. At least I think it was Macs. . . And maybe Twins' dsis' house?
Sounds like you're making an effort to eat healthy, Kathryn.
Hi Dee and LadyM! I can't scroll back that far, but I'm sure you're having full productive days. Looks like you're doing laundry, Dee.

Done:
- lunch
- paid ds' meal plan bill
- mucked with our accounts online
- devo. time

NOW. . I'm off to finish the a.m. routine, edit A's writing sample, and review the speaking "test questions" we will cover today.

It is a gorgeous day here, by the way! I'm loving this weather!

FelineFriend

Postby FelineFriend » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:11 pm

:D CONGRATS TO HELIA'S DD FOR PASSING HER DRIVER'S TEST! :D

Thank you for the well-wishes for our 44th Wedding Anniversary today. ♥ ♥ We're not doing anything exceptionally "special". DH will get the car washed, might stop at the store, for dessert, :?: but I'm having a Gastritis and a high pain day. So we decided since the diet's so limited and I hurt, we'll stay home, enjoy the day together, and just have a nice day. Sometimes pen pals send wedding anniversary cards, too. 2 have sent them already, I gave DH 1, he gave me 1. Our kids call, too. :) :)

Today, I mentioned to DH how CEO had written another organizing book, which is listed at her site under her name. He said, "I've got an idea! :idea: You have enough organizing books. Why don't you give one away, and then you'll be more organized!" :lol:

Then, he was at the tea kettle, heating up water for our coffee, I was in my small office, at the laptop, getting everything to come up, and was singing, a song, "This is OUR HAPPY 44th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! HAPPY WEDDING ANNIVERSARY TO US!" over and over again. When DH brought me my coffee, to the office, he said, "You were singing SO LOUD, I couldn't hear the tea kettle, if it'd come to a boil yet or not!" :lol: Oh, well. I was happy. ;)

Waving to one and all this morning! :D Thanks for the well wishes again,too. :D :D
"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." ~ Arthur Ashe

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:15 pm

Hens like cooking day.
It is laundry day here too.
I moved most of the stuff off the table downstairs and replaced books after getting bed frame and box springs for spare bed down there.
Having recess now. :arrow:
Back to getting meat loaf and meat balls mixed up and into the crockpot. So side tracked on my plan but at least it is progress in the right direction.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:43 pm

Here's one for the books...

I just spent the last 1.5 hours pulling cati out of a 6 month old min-pin pup. :o She got out of my friends fenced in area, fell into the catus and tried to pull the cati out with her mouth.

I had just called my other friend when our friend, the owner with the pup showed up to her house. L has RA and her hands are very curled so I knew she wouldn't be much help with a pair of tweezers. This poor pup had tons of cati, both singular spurs and whole buds every where. I had to pull them out of her mouth, tounge, lips, teeth, gums, nose, eye lids, paws and pads, between her toes, up and down her legs, in her hummm, twat, belly, hunches, back and just any where else you could imagine. Her owner was able to hold her. Thankfully the owner has been sticking her fingers in this dog's mouth, pulling on her ears and tail, and just generally messing with her since the owner brought her home.

Although the pup yelps, screamed and squirmed at time, she didn't try to bite us. And of course the problem with removing catus from any thing is they can end up getting embedded in you.

I would post a picture of what this looks like, but you really don't want to see it. Now I am a bit behind, but at least the pup is feeling much better.

What a way to bond with new neighbors... :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”